Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your First Bucs Game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

: October 12, 2009, 03:51:00 PM

The current team is nothing to be excited about so lets reminisce on the good times. Post the first ever game you attended. I know some of you were there to open the sombrero. My first game was not until 2001 when we played our division rival Detroit for the second time that season. It was a fantastic way to be introduced to pthe pure definition of buc ball we won the game 15-12 with a last minute touchdown to Keyshawn Johnson(his first TD of that season). It's what has carried me through these rough seasons post Super Bowl, and what will continue to do so.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

#1 : October 12, 2009, 05:10:21 PM

Raiders 45, Bucs 0, in Oakland 1999, and I had a sideline pass. Was a Raider fan as well as a Gruden fan. Feolt for Dungy that day, that Raider team came out fired up and was fighting for a second .500 year in a row, and Jon finally had control of the team and playing his new offense under Gannon.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 12, 2009, 05:12:41 PM

The current team is nothing to be excited about so lets reminisce on the good times. Post the first ever game you attended. I know some of you were there to open the sombrero. My first game was not until 2001 when we played our division rival Detroit for the second time that season. It was a fantastic way to be introduced to pthe pure definition of buc ball we won the game 15-12 with a last minute touchdown to Keyshawn Johnson(his first TD of that season). It's what has carried me through these rough seasons post Super Bowl, and what will continue to do so.
That was an irritating game other than our late rally. I remember being shocked it took Key that long to get in the end zone (got us the 2 pt conversion too). He was beast that season, 100+ catches.

TBsports55

Starter

#3 : October 12, 2009, 05:21:13 PM

My first Buccaneers game was Dec 28, 1997 when the Buccaneers defeated the Lions in the NFC wild card game 20-10. It was the last game at the Old Sombrero. I was only 8 at the time so I do not remember too much

#4 : October 12, 2009, 05:23:00 PM

the first game I ever attended was the Bucs versus the old Baltimore Colts.....   I think the Colts were like 3-13 that year, but they still beat the Bucs.   I forget the year, but I'd guess it was around 1980

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 12, 2009, 05:30:35 PM

St Louis Cardinals in 1977. First game we ever won at home. Jim Hart, Terry Metcalf, Conrad Dobler.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 12, 2009, 05:44:34 PM

1998 or so.... When Dilfer went down in Seattle, and Tampa routed Seattle. Probably the last time we have won on the west coast.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 12, 2009, 05:48:47 PM

Thanksgiving Day, Bucs at Cowboys...yea.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 12, 2009, 05:49:32 PM

Thanksgiving Day, Bucs at Cowboys...yea.

LOL. I just remember me and Dan Buenning hurting after that one.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

westexbucfan

Second String

#9 : October 12, 2009, 05:51:57 PM

First game is this weekend against the Panthers... What a year to plan a trip from Texas to watch the Buccs Ehh????? On the bright side it may be the only game we win this year...

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 12, 2009, 05:57:18 PM

Wow! There are a bunch of other sorry ass **CENSORED** games on this list!  ;D

1st regular season game - '86 steve young
1st pre-season game - '99? dilfer/s.king
2nd regular season game - '08 Bucs at KC <---fabulous! ;D
1st game at Tampa - Opening Day '09 vs. Dallas

(thread is for 1st game, but I've only been to 4-- so i post them all...)

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 12, 2009, 06:00:17 PM

Barely remember it, because I got severely dehydrated during the game.  September of 1995, a 14-6 win over the Redskins.

dodda45

Starter
#12 : October 12, 2009, 06:37:48 PM

Since I lived overseas for most of my life, seeing live games (other than preseason)...was difficult.  The first preseason game I saw was Coach Bennent's first (his DC lived next door to my Grandparents)...But my first live game in Tampa was Bucs-Miami during Caddy's rookie season.  Caddy missed the game but Pittman made a huge run and Simms actually played well in relief of Griese.  Great game and experience!

First road game...Atlanta vs Tampa during the Wyche era.  Dilfer played and was just terrible.  I remember him on one play getting pressured  and so he just chucked the ball straight up into the air for a pick.  The Atlanta defenders looked like they were receiving a punt.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#13 : October 12, 2009, 06:51:26 PM

1978 Buc's Bears game......saw a bunch after that growing up

BuckeyeNeer

Rookie
#14 : October 12, 2009, 07:08:14 PM

1998 Hall of Fame Game in Canton vs Pittsburg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A fan is someone who is intolerable in defeat and even worse in victory.Travelin\\\' in a fried out combie, on a hippie trail,head full of zombie...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your First Bucs Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools