Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your First Bucs Game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

fishbucs

Practice Squad

#15 : October 12, 2009, 07:11:52 PM

First game was Lions 38- Bucs 7. Can't remember the exact year but it was the early 90's and Barry Sanders ran all over us. I remember Wyche apologizing to the fans for the team's effort on the radio during the ride home.
The BEST game I ever attended was the 2000 Rams MNF game. 38-35 Bucs and the Dunn/King play was absolutely amazing. On the edge of my seat for the whole game.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 12, 2009, 07:22:38 PM

I know I was @ some earlier but the furthest back that i remember was the 3-0 monsoon vs the Chiefs in '79

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

fishbucs

Practice Squad

#17 : October 12, 2009, 07:46:13 PM

Yea, I've been extremely fortunate to be able to go to some of the games I've been to. Some others that I remember like yesterday.......The last game at the sombrero when we beat the lions 20-10, first ever game at Ray-Jay when we came back to beat the Bears, another good one was when Alstott had the great run to beat the Skins in the playoffs of '99.
Even though we suck now, Nothing and I mean NOTHING beats the smell of Ray-Jay on a Sunday Morning.

BucsRule80

Starter

#18 : October 12, 2009, 08:56:26 PM

I've only been to 1 Bucs game in my life and that was the playoff games 2 years ago against the Giants. My dad is a Giants fan so we flew down from New Jersey to see the game. It sucked that we lost but I had a great experience. I wish I lived in Tampa because if I did I would go to every game.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#19 : October 12, 2009, 10:02:59 PM

I remeber my fist bucs game was the home season opener against the panthers a few years back. My dad shelled out alot of money for sick seats, i remeber driving up there, 4 hours covered in face paint. Hearing the crowd yell when D brooks steped out still gives me chills.

Than Chris Simms threw an INT the first play of the game lol.

but i still cheered my loudest, and watched us some back from 17 down I think. On the game winning drive Torrie Cox dropped a gift from Jake Delhome, i will forever hate him for that.

Than on 4th and 7 jake scrambled for a first :( good game though.

My second game was our route of the Saints in 07, that was a fun year

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

LifeLongBucsFan

Second String

#20 : October 12, 2009, 10:21:16 PM

Bengals vs. Bucs, 1976 at Tampa Stadium.  Pre-Season game and I think, I don't quite remember, but Isaac Hagins took a kick off, fumbled it, then after picking it back up returned the kick for a touchdown.  Crowd went crazy, and it all went down hill from there.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 13, 2009, 01:47:57 AM

It was 1977 and I was 11 years old and saw the Bucs beat the St.Louis Cardinals at Tampa Stadium 17-7 with my dad and older brother.  ;D

WaldoBuc

Rookie

#22 : October 13, 2009, 03:28:34 PM

My first game in person was at the Sombrero in 1988. A win against the Packers. Iggy won the game with a 4th Qtr field goal. Fans were chanting "IG-GY" all the way down the ramp into the parking lots.

Buccobruce

Starter

#23 : October 13, 2009, 08:20:14 PM

i cant quite remember the first as i was so young i counldnt even pay attention as much as i liked. i was too distraced by the crowd.

the first i remember though was 1997 season opener against the 49ers. also the first game in the new colors

drywallbuc

Starter

#24 : October 13, 2009, 08:29:11 PM

i believe 99, bucs and lions in old sombrero playoff game. we won. my best memory of that game is every time sanders touched the ball, for that split second the whole crowd it seemed would hush. i think that was the last game ever played there. they went to st louis the next weekend and came up one yard short of super bowl.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 14, 2009, 07:23:00 PM

AWESOME pic man!!

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 14, 2009, 07:24:01 PM

LMAO Hate!

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 14, 2009, 07:26:05 PM

1995 Green Bay Packers game in RJS...

13-10 win. Went with my dad and brothers. I'll never forget it  :)

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

RaheemsEyebrows

Rookie

#28 : October 14, 2009, 07:34:22 PM

At the Sombrero in the early 80s, Bucs vs Packers (pre Favre).  The seats hurt about the third quarter. Bucs lost but my fascination began. There were no yuppies, just hardcore fans that were there no matter what. I also went to my first Bandits game there.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 14, 2009, 07:40:18 PM

Fo saying nice pic? I think you have to get a life HATE. Stop **CENSORED**ing about everything.

**CENSORED**ing? who...where?

I'm just tryin to help you prevent chafing!!

1995 Green Bay Packers game in RJS...

13-10 win. Went with my dad and brothers. I'll never forget it  :)

If i remember correctly, that game went to OT and was ridiculously cold!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your First Bucs Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools