Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your First Bucs Game « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

IrishBuc

Second String

« #90 : May 19, 2012, 05:17:17 PM »

Thanks man, you missed a big game in London today. European Rugby final on today between two Irish sides. Unfortunately my team weren't invovled but sure it happens. Enjoy London, lovely spot. If you want some top class BBQ got to Bodean's. There are a few of them around, some top notch stuff.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #91 : May 19, 2012, 11:45:14 PM »

I'll take your advice and check out a Bodean's today.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #92 : May 20, 2012, 02:23:50 AM »

First Bucs game was the first season opener, but I don't actually remember it being all that memorable to be honest.

I was a Phins fan, and My pop was trying to "convert" me into being a hometown fan.

It's odd that the memory that really sticks with me was seeing Namath go down in a preseason game that year...  I remember my dad saying "He'll never play again"...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #93 : May 20, 2012, 08:42:30 AM »

It's odd that the memory that really sticks with me was seeing Namath go down in a preseason game that year...  I remember my dad saying "He'll never play again"...

Namath ended up starting 8 regular season games that year and then played again for the Rams in 4 games the following year.   Namath and Bert Jones were my favorite QB's back then.

Bucco Bruce

Starter

« #94 : May 20, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »

I don't remember my 1st Bucs game because I was so young and it was so long ago.  But I'll never forget the my son's 1st game!

* Blake 1st Game.jpg (120.15 kB, 960x720 - viewed 19 times.)

Good, Better, Best. Never let it rest. Until your Good is Better, and your Better is Best!

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #95 : May 20, 2012, 02:23:12 PM »

Namath ended up starting 8 regular season games that year and then played again for the Rams in 4 games the following year.   Namath and Bert Jones were my favorite QB's back then.

Joe Willie was a hero of mine growing up (especially tough as a Dolphin fan growing up), but...  Namath sucked after that injury in the 'Ol Sombrero in '76.

Went 3-11 (again) that year & had regressed into a shell of his former self.  Didn't even make it through the 4th game of the season the next year.

So...  Did he "play again"...?  Yes.  Did he ever play well again, after the last major knee injury he suffered in Tampa?  Check Joe's win/loss record in '76 & '77 for your answer.

The old man's prognostication turned out to be painfully "spot on."

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #96 : May 20, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »

Joe's winloss record after 1969 was never any better than 7 wins if I remember correctly.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #97 : May 20, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »

Joe's winloss record after 1969 was never any better than 7 wins if I remember correctly.

Don't know, and don't care to research it, but it's irrelevant to the conversation we're supposedly having...

The point was...  after getting a 3rd knee "installed" in Tampa...  He never played (well) again.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #98 : May 20, 2012, 03:03:37 PM »

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #99 : May 20, 2012, 03:32:54 PM »

I used to have this puzzle.   After I put it together, I put tape all over the back, framed it and put it on my wall.    It was up there during the mid to late 70's.   

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #100 : May 21, 2012, 04:22:38 AM »

Still haven been to one, but haven't missed a game in over 10 years. Living in Canada makes it somewhat difficult to go. Really wanted to go to that game in Buffalo 2 years back, but didn't end up making the trip. Sorta glad, yet also disappointed.....Still holding out that I'll own us at some point in time and will be able to be there always always.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #101 : August 16, 2012, 07:32:36 PM »

bucray?   Cool name.   Reminds me of JavaRay.   He's a really great poster here.

Just one example of Java accidentally posting under the wrong name.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #102 : August 17, 2012, 02:56:21 PM »

bucray?   Cool name.   Reminds me of JavaRay.   He's a really great poster here.

Just one example of Java accidentally posting under the wrong name.

Funny, I thought it was you.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #103 : August 17, 2012, 02:59:56 PM »

2001- bucs vs lions. We won 15-12

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
  Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your First Bucs Game « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools