Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and USF « previous next »
Page: 1

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

: October 16, 2009, 01:19:53 PM

I only caught a bit of this game last night, but saw Gruden up in the booth with a USF shirt on.  What's his connection with that program?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 16, 2009, 01:23:59 PM

He lives in the Tampa Bay area.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 16, 2009, 01:26:04 PM

I thought he had a huge house/property in Tennesse?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 16, 2009, 02:09:19 PM

I thought he had a huge house/property in Tennesse?

Yeah, that came up several hundred times when Fulmer was fired and UT was talking about him.  I think its just land, from what I remember.

I'm sure he has homes in every time zone.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 16, 2009, 02:18:38 PM

I only caught a bit of this game last night, but saw Gruden up in the booth with a USF shirt on.  What's his connection with that program?

He developed a freindship with Leavitt over the years - and he loves the USF program. The broadcast team happened to catch him and invited him up.

Definitely lives in Tampa, his mom & dad still live here and his kids are in school here (they talked about his son playing high school football around here during the same broadcast).

Gruden absolutely killed last night - I really like him in the booth (of course, I would have loved him continuing to stalk the sidelines around here...), but I don't think he'll make it past this season there.

Did you see him say how much he was enjoying himself this year? Traveling to games, interviewing coaches, players, doing some scouting - he had the weird Chucky grin for a moment - like he knows something no one else does....(I mean besides that part about taking Malcom's money to NOT coach...).

Incomparable sig by Incognito

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 16, 2009, 02:26:45 PM

I only caught a bit of this game last night, but saw Gruden up in the booth with a USF shirt on. What's his connection with that program?

He developed a freindship with Leavitt over the years - and he loves the USF program. The broadcast team happened to catch him and invited him up.

Definitely lives in Tampa, his mom & dad still live here and his kids are in school here (they talked about his son playing high school football around here during the same broadcast).

Gruden absolutely killed last night - I really like him in the booth (of course, I would have loved him continuing to stalk the sidelines around here...), but I don't think he'll make it past this season there.

Did you see him say how much he was enjoying himself this year? Traveling to games, interviewing coaches, players, doing some scouting - he had the weird Chucky grin for a moment - like he knows something no one else does....(I mean besides that part about taking Malcom's money to NOT coach...).

Thanks for the insight.  And, we're in full agreement on all points about Gruden.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 16, 2009, 03:08:52 PM

There's hope for us if we stick to football my fiend...er...wait..

I meant friend...yeah that's the ticket...friend...

...I was distracted as my wife - Morgan Fairchild - walked onto the room...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 16, 2009, 07:03:38 PM

I heard that he and Leavitt share the same kind of passion for football and the same kind of coaching "nastiness" when they are fired up.  So its like they are two peas in a pod.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 16, 2009, 09:56:25 PM

Gruden always supports USF. If you remember Gruden and Galloway did the player introductions for USF's starters for the ESPN broadcast of the USF/WVU game in 07.

He did make a huge blunder this spring though. His son's team was involved in the Super Bull 7 on 7 camp this spring that USF puts on every year with the top high school teams from all over the southeast.  Well Jon showed up in a Gator shirt.  He was immediately pulled aside and disappeared for about 20 minutes and re-appeared in a USF shirt.  He felt horrible for the gaffe.  haha 

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and USF « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools