Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCHANON SIGNED.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 17, 2006, 03:54:59 PM

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302181

He was considered a bust in the secondary depleted Raiders defense, and now the Texans dump him after a few games.

Something is up, and I am not exatly happy over this pickup.  At least he, AHEM, "bolsters", the secondary.  He is no upgrade over any position, including returning punts.  He is brought in for depth, nothing more or less.

That's what I'm thinking but can remember him taking INT's to the house when he played for Oak.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 17, 2006, 03:55:12 PM

Phillip Buchanon was released by the Texans on Monday, ending his injury-filled and lackluster stay in Houston. Buchanon, a first-round pick in 2002, was traded to Houston from Oakland before last season in exchange for second- and third-round picks in the 2006 draft. Coach Gary Kubiak said he expected Buchanon to step up when Demarcus Faggins fractured his foot in training camp. That didn't happen. "When Faggins went down, Phillip had the opportunity to become a starting cornerback," Kubiak said. "Unfortunately, he got hurt and missed most of training camp. Then he got hurt in the first game. He had trouble staying on the field. But we wish him well."

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#17 : October 17, 2006, 03:55:37 PM

Maybe a change of atmosphere and being around winners like Ronde, BK, DB, and Monte will help the guy turn it around.  He is very talented no doubt.  I don't think the Raiders or Texans have had many successful players the last several years.....

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 17, 2006, 03:57:05 PM

yeah I read that Boid, but lest see what he can do here, would you be happy playing the Texans???

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 17, 2006, 03:57:52 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/5903/injuries.html

The man gets banged up a lot, that is for sure.

#20 : October 17, 2006, 03:58:37 PM

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302181

He was considered a bust in the secondary depleted Raiders defense, and now the Texans dump him after a few games.

Something is up, and I am not exatly happy over this pickup.  At least he, AHEM, "bolsters", the secondary.  He is no upgrade over any position, including returning punts.  He is brought in for depth, nothing more or less.

Well, he is better in both the kick return and punt return game than our current bunch.  Not #1 in the league, but an upgrade at both.

#21 : October 17, 2006, 03:58:59 PM

Being both a big Hurricanes and Buccaneers fan I was happy to hear this!!  ;D

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 17, 2006, 03:59:10 PM

Nutshell: low risk signing.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 17, 2006, 03:59:31 PM

I live here in Houston and he sucks!!!! To be known as a coward is about the worst thing you can be known for in the NFL. They have actually shown film on the guy where it looks like he fell down on purpose to avoid tackling the other guy. This is one of the first things talked about when the media mentions why Casserly was fired.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 17, 2006, 03:59:35 PM

this is true Boid but what the hell plug his ass in and let him run

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 17, 2006, 04:01:32 PM

ok maybe he cant hit and is a coward but what did BA and JG see in him to sign him????

psymun

Starter
#26 : October 17, 2006, 04:01:49 PM

He also chose to come to the Buccaneers... he didn't have a choice of playing with the Texans... hopefully that helps too...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 17, 2006, 04:03:04 PM

Well, he is better in both the kick return and punt return game than our current bunch.  Not #1 in the league, but an upgrade at both.

He gets less than 2 yards more than Jones.  Of course being the best, to being an average PR in the NFL isn't that big a margin of diference.  My concerns over this kid is he gets dinged up, and he has been dumped by a team that gave up a lot to get him.   At least he is faster than Jones.  And can add depth to the CB spots.  He isn't anything to get ecstatic over, IMO.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 17, 2006, 04:03:09 PM

I don't know, except for 2004 where he stunk on ice, his punt return numbers look pretty decent.  Count me among those who expect that's where he'll wind up contributing to the team.  I don't know that he'll even make the field as a nickleback even when Kelly isn't playing though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 17, 2006, 04:04:41 PM

I live here in Houston and he sucks!!!! To be known as a coward is about the worst thing you can be known for in the NFL. They have actually shown film on the guy where it looks like he fell down on purpose to avoid tackling the other guy. This is one of the first things talked about when the media mentions why Casserly was fired.

Wow.  He is a lightweight huh?  Just what the Bucs want in their secondary...lol! (NOT!!)

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCHANON SIGNED.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools