Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCHANON SIGNED.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 17, 2006, 04:05:25 PM

his speed is 97 on madden , dam that s fast , i know this is the NFL but what if we move wil alen over to SS and put Buchanon at FS with his speed he could cover the hole filed , but i see he is only 185lb light

buckit

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 17, 2006, 04:05:31 PM

Don't know much about the player, but I think Allen made a good deal.  We're paying him next to nothing, and letting the Texans pick up the bulk of his contract.  Nice move.  

If he has earned a bad rap, maybe that will encourage him to work his ass off and prove everyone wrong...maybe.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 17, 2006, 04:06:56 PM

ok maybe he cant hit and is a coward but what did BA and JG see in him to sign him????

They saw this:
Nutshell: low risk signing.

At least he is expendable.

And that is all.

All of other peoples trash isn't another mans treasure.

#33 : October 17, 2006, 04:07:51 PM

He gets less than 2 yards more than Jones.  Of course being the best, to being an average PR in the NFL isn't that big a margin of diference.  My concerns over this kid is he gets dinged up, and he has been dumped by a team that gave up a lot to get him.   At least he is faster than Jones.  And can add depth to the CB spots.  He isn't anything to get ecstatic over, IMO.

The injury thing is sort a wait and see situation, obviously.  And I do agree that he has his drawbacks as well, but as a midseason pickup, I like it.  You don't get many pickups at this point that actually have the potential to add ANYTHING.  This guy can give us a bit more of a home run threat at returner.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 17, 2006, 04:08:33 PM

Please don't tell me that is all that was done today?!

I hope the Bucs dump Booger.  Hell, even pay for half of his salary, just move the guy out of Tampa please!  Move him to Green Bay where he won't be able to golf so much!  It would serve him right.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#35 : October 17, 2006, 04:08:42 PM

It doesn't hurt to add him with BK being hurt.  He is a good PR so that is a plus.  Like I said, maybe he gets fired up playing around our D guys who are proven winners.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 17, 2006, 04:10:59 PM

...home run threat at returner.

With that I can agree with.  But is it the scheme (Bisaccia) preventing the PRs from being effective?  Or is it the Jones'?

I can only recall seeing two punt returns that stood as TDs in the last few years.  Joey had one, and The Truth had one.

It has been a long drought on STs in Tampa.

simms22

Second String

#37 : October 17, 2006, 04:12:49 PM

With that I can agree with.  But is it the scheme (Bisaccia) preventing the PRs from being effective?  Or is it the Jones'?

I can only recall seeing two punt returns that stood as TDs in the last few years.  Joey had one, and The Truth had one.

It has been a long drought on STs in Tampa.
no doubt, jones has no value at wr and buchanon atleast seems to have alittle at cb, so i like the deal.... provided jones is the one cut.

coopsxx

Starter
#38 : October 17, 2006, 04:13:01 PM

HE's a HORRIFIC corner, but he could be a gut return man, may as well

dabucfan

Second String

#39 : October 17, 2006, 04:13:44 PM

CP,

Just curious where you found this info on the Buchanon signing?

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#40 : October 17, 2006, 04:14:07 PM

profootballtalk.com

Bucmaniac86

Pro Bowler

#41 : October 17, 2006, 04:14:54 PM

well we dont need him to be a corner for us, because were gonna get Clement Baby! or atleast I hope we do

spartan

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 17, 2006, 04:15:06 PM

Just got back from the Texans board reading when he was released. The same thing kept cropping up time and time again and that is he couldn't tackle a two year old. Not excited to any degree about this one.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 17, 2006, 04:15:42 PM

HE's a HORRIFIC corner

From what I have read of him, snippets here and there, that seems to be the common consensus.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 17, 2006, 04:17:04 PM

Just got back from the Texans board reading when he was released. The same thing kept cropping up time and time again and that is he couldn't tackle a two year old. Not excited to any degree about this one.
Me either.  As a punt return guy, or anything else.  The last thing I want to see, espescially given the woes of tackling this year, is PB out there playing defense.  Unless it is in practice, or warmups...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCHANON SIGNED.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools