Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shaub being Shopped « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
: February 21, 2007, 07:41:42 PM

Too bad McKay hates us. I wouldn't mind trading a 2nd rounder for Shaub if we could sign him.  Not gonna happen though.

From footballsfuture:

"The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports the Falcons will look to trade QB Matt Schaub. Schaub, a restricted free agent, is expected to receive a one-year tender of $2 million and compensation attachment of a first and third pick to prevent teams from signing him as a free agent.

Since Schaub will become an unrestricted free agent in 2008, the Falcons will shop the talented back up quarterback around the league this off-season. They could net a second or third rounder. The Vikings, Raiders, and Texans are all possible trade partners for Schaub."

#1 : February 21, 2007, 08:16:54 PM

I'd love to have him here buuuuut, not at that very high price.

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 21, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

I'm not a big fan of his, but depending on how things shake down in FA,  a third might not be too much.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 21, 2007, 08:36:06 PM

That guy has been shopped continuously ever since he started a game in Atlanta and had some minimal success.    There haven't been any takers yet.    I don't even want the guy.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 21, 2007, 08:38:53 PM

That guy has been shopped continuously ever since he started a game in Atlanta and had some minimal success.    There haven't been any takers yet.    I don't even want the guy.

And when our TC begins with Simms, Grads, McCown, and Rattay in the stable, you still don't want him?

I don't get the mad Schaub love here by some, but he does look a damn sight better than at least one of those guys...

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 21, 2007, 09:44:27 PM

well theres a couple people in here that obviously didnt watch much college ball and cant scout a qb....

or theyre just blinded by their i hate mckay obsession that they're trying to convince themselves that this kid can't ball.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 21, 2007, 10:41:27 PM

That guy has been shopped continuously ever since he started a game in Atlanta and had some minimal success. There haven't been any takers yet. I don't even want the guy.

And when our TC begins with Simms, Grads, McCown, and Rattay in the stable, you still don't want him?

I don't get the mad Schaub love here by some, but he does look a damn sight better than at least one of those guys...

I'd take Simms over Schaub, but I get your point.   If we could bring him in cheap, it wouldn't be a bad move.   But they want too much.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#7 : February 22, 2007, 12:03:05 AM

I am not against trading for him because he isn't a good player (even though the jury is still out on that about him I think), but rather because of the direction we want to go with the QB position. We want a vet guy, not a learning project. Shaub may be ready to start but we need somebody we know is ready to start. I just don't think we're headed that direction because we already have Simms and Gradkowski as that guy.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 22, 2007, 12:06:05 AM

no way Shaub is worth a second round pick as I would prefer to give up less for David Carr as at least Carr has played more and in my opinion has more upside then Shaub.

#9 : February 22, 2007, 01:06:33 AM

I like Carr but I'd say that Schaub has more upside at this point in his career. I think the kid can flat out play, but hey, we don't make the decisions , and our pay isn't too good either.
 I do like both to bring in though, I like Simms too but if he can't find the form of two years ago, then we need another arm in there to compete and step in. I think Schaub or Carr would put to rest the "Grads is great" syndrome.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 22, 2007, 01:24:40 AM

Schaub for a first  AND!!! a third???  Not a chance.  IF the Bucs were to do something like this, they might as well draft Quinn, or Russell, if he is still available...

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 22, 2007, 01:39:46 AM

what's he done to warrant even a second rounder? statistically, he's below our buddy tim rattay - IIRC, shaub's career numbers don't even match rattay's worst season...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 22, 2007, 01:42:55 AM

what's he done to warrant even a second rounder? statistically, he's below our buddy tim rattay - IIRC, shaub's career numbers don't even match rattay's worst season...
Whew.

Good to know that some of us are still firing on all 12 cylinders...

Max Power

Starter

#13 : February 22, 2007, 07:57:03 AM

I would much rather have Carr or Simms. Schaub hasn't done anything worthy of a second rounder. And how McKay may feel about Tampa is irrelevant he wouldn't trade a player to a division rival.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : February 22, 2007, 08:16:49 AM

Exactly, they get a 2nd day pick for this guy and thats all.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shaub being Shopped « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools