Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yaman Figurs signing? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 13, 2009, 02:58:11 PM

Matt Jones is better.

Correction....Matt Jones was better. � Unless you were at the workouts to judge them all equally you are just making an assumption based on his past. � I'd rather not pay a coke head that no one else wanted. � Yamon can also be a special teamer.
I'd rather have a proven threat that was on pace for 80+ receptions than some certified bust journeymen that has struggled to find a role in an NFL offense. Who was on a team that NEEDED his services, positional speaking.

Well that's fine...you are free to your opinion.   I just wanted to point out that we don't know who did the best at the workouts.  Wouldn't you want them to sign the best guy there?   What about all his off field issues too?   You think this team needs to deal with his substance abuse when we already got the Talib assault to deal with and just got back our pot head safety?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 13, 2009, 02:59:02 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure I get all the Yamon Figurs love - he was a return man who wasn't all that great in Baltimore who never developed into a WR either. He had two tds as a rookie, but his averages weren't all that great. Detroit already cut him this year as well.

This is what happens when you look for help at WR in October rather than in the offseason.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 13, 2009, 03:01:10 PM

Matt Jones is better.

Correction....Matt Jones was better. � Unless you were at the workouts to judge them all equally you are just making an assumption based on his past. � I'd rather not pay a coke head that no one else wanted. � Yamon can also be a special teamer.
I'd rather have a proven threat that was on pace for 80+ receptions than some certified bust journeymen that has struggled to find a role in an NFL offense. Who was on a team that NEEDED his services, positional speaking.
Michael Clayton had an 80+ reception year, so that makes him good, right?
That happened 4 years ago., for you to bring that up is irrelevant to my point. Jones' success occurred last year; way more relevant then what happened in 2005. He isn't your typical WR either, he was a project coming out of the draft. Jones was mostly a QB so it took him time to adjust to the NFL as a wide out. Last year, everything clicked together besides his off field decision making...

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 13, 2009, 03:10:55 PM

Why are you guys bantering about the worthiness of two guys off the couch? �Really? �Whomever they sign so be it...

Because it's Tuesday afternoon and the Bucs are winless.....gotta talk about something.

LOL...ok

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 13, 2009, 03:19:45 PM

LOL at sig chev

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 13, 2009, 03:39:44 PM

Thanks dude...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 13, 2009, 04:50:52 PM

I expect Figurs to replace either Stovall or Stroughter on ST, and either Stovall or Stroughter to move up to play more offensively. Stroughter is our #2 return man; if he moves up to replace Clayton, this makes sense... Also, Stovall would likely move up to play either #2 or #3 WR spot, and Figurs was a gunner on ST as well as a return man... 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yaman Figurs signing? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools