Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Films Sits Down with Jon Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#105 : October 13, 2009, 02:22:36 PM

If

This isn't a fairy tale we're talking about, it's real life.   In real life, Gruden outcoached Reid.   End of story.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#106 : October 13, 2009, 02:26:30 PM

If

This isn't a fairy tale we're talking about, it's real life.   In real life, Gruden outcoached Reid.   End of story.

My god troll boy no one is even talking to you.  I was responding to his post.   The IF was quite necessary.   Go make out with your cardboard Jon Gruden cutout some more, fanboy.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#107 : October 13, 2009, 02:40:31 PM

Just took the time to watch this one. Great video, fun to watch. Love me some Gruden.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#108 : October 13, 2009, 05:01:17 PM

Gruden > Reid

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#109 : October 13, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Gruden > Reid

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Bucfanut

Starter

#110 : October 13, 2009, 05:09:27 PM

The irony in this whole debate is Jon Gruden and Andy Reid have the utmost respect for each other both as contemporaries (both worked under Holmgren), and as competitors.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#111 : October 13, 2009, 05:57:29 PM

Hmm ok I'll respond to the three musketeers. As evidenced by my opinion, his playoff record (10 wins to Gruden's 5), and winning percentage (61% to Gruden's 55%) He's a more consistent coach. He's got a better draft record, better longevity, and I don't hear many of his player's either past or present who complained about him. I'd take Jeff Fisher over Gruden too. There's more I'm sure but I don't feel the need to explain myself further. I am grateful for him bringing a championship to Tampa but I also wish he could have done something after that. Nothing was accomplished after the Super Bowl. Nothing. He was consistently ineffective as an OC as well.

Andy Reid will win a championship before retiring you can quote me on that. It may come to him this year in fact. They had an amazing draft the last two years and we all saw how good their defense can be with those crazy blitz schemes.

To Chaz. GTFO with that lol you should be making a thread somewhere about future HOF QBs Pat White and Graham Harrell.

Man have you seen the future for the eagles? man it looks stacked. They can compete now and will have no problem when some of their young guys take the reigns since some of them have proven they can play already; I see some parallels between Cower and Reid. A down year for Reid would be a good year for Gruden
Is this meant to be taken seriously or what?

Well I'm not sure what he meant but let's be honest here. The fans who are mad that Gruden was fired have been using a 9-7 winning record with no playoff appearance as successful. That same season we had last year up in philly to those fans would be viewed differently IMO.
Not sure if anyone seriously believes that other than the obvious trolls. 9-7 is not good, especially when you were 9-3. Still, Andy Reid has gone 5-11 and 6-10 in his time there, so "his" down years would not be a good year for Gruden. I'm not sure if it was a serious comment or a lame dig.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#112 : October 14, 2009, 01:53:36 PM

Hmm ok I'll respond to the three musketeers. As evidenced by my opinion, his playoff record (10 wins to Gruden's 5), and winning percentage (61% to Gruden's 55%) He's a more consistent coach. He's got a better draft record, better longevity, and I don't hear many of his player's either past or present who complained about him. I'd take Jeff Fisher over Gruden too. There's more I'm sure but I don't feel the need to explain myself further. I am grateful for him bringing a championship to Tampa but I also wish he could have done something after that. Nothing was accomplished after the Super Bowl. Nothing. He was consistently ineffective as an OC as well.

Andy Reid will win a championship before retiring you can quote me on that. It may come to him this year in fact. They had an amazing draft the last two years and we all saw how good their defense can be with those crazy blitz schemes.

To Chaz. GTFO with that lol you should be making a thread somewhere about future HOF QBs Pat White and Graham Harrell.

Man have you seen the future for the eagles? man it looks stacked. They can compete now and will have no problem when some of their young guys take the reigns since some of them have proven they can play already; I see some parallels between Cower and Reid. A down year for Reid would be a good year for Gruden
Is this meant to be taken seriously or what?

Well I'm not sure what he meant but let's be honest here. The fans who are mad that Gruden was fired have been using a 9-7 winning record with no playoff appearance as successful. That same season we had last year up in philly to those fans would be viewed differently IMO.
Not sure if anyone seriously believes that other than the obvious trolls. 9-7 is not good, especially when you were 9-3. Still, Andy Reid has gone 5-11 and 6-10 in his time there, so "his" down years would not be a good year for Gruden. I'm not sure if it was a serious comment or a lame dig.

I think we are both getting each other confused here.    What I'm saying is that we have a group of loyal Gruden fans here that like to make excuses for the outcome of last season.  They were mad about it but then the second Gruden was fired and Raheem was named coach all of the sudden it wasn't Gruden at all.   It was Monte, it was the players, it was this it was that.   Anything but Gruden and his mind boggling decision to go to Griese last minute against Atlanta.   

What I'm saying is your average Eagle fan wouldn't change their opinion like that.   They'd continue to view it as a big time letdown and collapse and still be pissed at both the players and coaches.

I'm certainly not saying Andy Reid is perfect.  Far from it.  He's had bad seasons just like every other coach.   I guess my perspective is, based on the little amount I follow the Eagles, is that I never got the impression he was leading the team nowhere.    They drafted better and made changes when they needed to be made.   I can't say Gruden was all that open to changing things that weren't working.   

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Films Sits Down with Jon Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools