Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHY THE FIGURES SIGNING « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
: October 14, 2009, 05:27:46 PM

Peanut should be closer to the practice squad than the starting lineup at this point

The number 4 in KO return yards in the league?

I hope you're fishing...
Exactly...the guy is strictly a ST player and should not be used as anything but

agreed, he is a decent St player, but other than that  nothing. and i'm sure if we put someone else back there they would do just as good.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 14, 2009, 02:30:45 PM

Figures was signed to bolster the special teams ...why....because both Smith an d Stroughter will be used a lot more on offense now to try and fill the void created at wr by Clayton and Bryant.....expect to see Stroughter in the slot sometimes...and if he works out we'll see a lot of him and less of ston e hands...they can't cut him and if they trade him they'll have to pay half his salary....pray some team would be as dumb as we were....not likely.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#2 : October 14, 2009, 02:34:24 PM

I don't really know if I want to see Clifton Smith involved more in the offense... he seems just fine as a return man.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 14, 2009, 02:34:54 PM

I don’t want Clifton Smith ever touching the football when it’s not a Punt or Kick Return.

The guy fumbled the ball away on our last drive against Washington.  Also, as I like the guy---he shouldn’t be touching the ball when we have Cadillac, Ward, and Graham on our team.

As for WR-  I’ll take Stroughter or Stovall over Clayton.  Clayton should be benched now.  Inexcusable.  Come on Morris.  You looked like a fool before, might as well look like one for “daring the critics” and benching Clayton.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 14, 2009, 03:07:27 PM

Oh ok, you're saying we signed Yamon to take our pro-bowl returner duties away! And allow Straughter to play more on offense besides the fact he has yet to take a regular season punt or return and has been our most productive WR already?

... Does that really make sense to you?

Whatever bucked up reason Figurs is here, he is here. I don't understand it. The only reason I can figure Figurs is here is the same reason why Soul Glo is here.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 14, 2009, 03:13:06 PM

Oh ok, you're saying we signed Yamon to take our pro-bowl returner duties away! And allow Straughter to play more on offense besides the fact he has yet to take a regular season punt or return and has been our most productive WR already?

... Does that really make sense to you?

Whatever bucked up reason Figurs is here, he is here. I don't understand it. The only reason I can figure Figurs is here is the same reason why Soul Glo is here.

There are other roles on ST than returner; I think 4bucs is talking about gunner duties in the case of Stroughter and Stovall.

Personally, I don't think they need to completely bench Clayton; just move him full time to special teams (again, not as a returner).

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 14, 2009, 03:17:24 PM

Figurs (there is NO "e") is here because our current WR corp consists of:

1. a top-notch catcher with a bum knee and a 1 yr deal.
2. the NFL leader in drops
3. a late round rookie who looks promising
4. an often injured late rounder on his last chance
5. Brian Clark, who has as much experience hosting game shows as catching NFL passes.

Most teams have more than 5 WRs on their roster. Given AB's and Stovall's current and past injury issues, we should have 6.

#7 : October 14, 2009, 03:22:06 PM

I wonder if the question is addressed today in the pressers?

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 14, 2009, 03:28:13 PM

I figure Figurs has two missions here.  1) Play with Freeman and get him reps and throws and looks during practice since they used to play together and there is/was/maybe a comfort level for the kid.  That's because the powers that be read this board and realized they needed to do something extra to prepare Freeman since he is our only backup.   And 2) to play special teams.  I hope they do not take Peanut off of special teams and let him play his intended position and not be a RB.

For similar reason they hired the guy who used to play with Josh Johnson.  Give him more protection and a comfort zone so he can become more successful.

Do I think these moves are good ideas?  Not good as could be but maybe a baby step forward?  Dunno. 

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 14, 2009, 03:29:40 PM

Peanut should be closer to the practice squad than the starting lineup at this point

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

#10 : October 14, 2009, 03:34:17 PM

I hope you're fishing...

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 14, 2009, 03:37:55 PM

I hope you're fishing...
Exactly...the guy is strictly a ST player and should not be used as anything but

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

#12 : October 14, 2009, 04:04:54 PM

Two reasons.

Put a fire under our underperforming wideouts (regardless of who we signed.)

Speed.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 14, 2009, 05:35:57 PM

If anyone would take the time to read the article on PR you would see that one of his primary purposes is to give the defense a look during practices at defending faster receivers. I'm sure they had facing Steve Smith in mind this Sunday when they made the decision. He also will help them spread the field more with his speed which can benefit other guys getting open like K2.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 14, 2009, 07:21:24 PM

Marvin Harrison
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHY THE FIGURES SIGNING « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools