Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: World Series, who'ya got goin'? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 14, 2009, 10:49:09 PM

GO YANKEES(Tampa's original team)!! ;D

uh, no they're not

Growing up in Tampa they were always big here because of Steinbrenner owning so many things here, and if you drive down Dale Mabry near RJS you'd swear that they were Tampa's home team.

They didn't start training here until the mid 1990's. Several teams trained here prior to that. Most notable the Cincinnati Reds. Yankees have always had a big fan base every where. They're not Tampa's original team.

That's true because the Reds played at Al Lopez Stadium which used to stand where RJS does now in the Spring, so they also got alot of exposure in Tampa. But none the less Steinbrenner has owned a good chunk of this town for a long time and even has a high school named after him now, and waaaaay before the Rays came along I kept up with the Yankees even through all those horrible years in the late 80's to mid 90's & considered them to be our team. So now I will be rooting for them 100% the rest of the way and hopefully through the World Series.

Root for who you want, but prior to 1996 they were not "Tampa's" team even though they may have been your team.  The high school being named after him has nothing to do with the Yankees, but the family's contributions to the community

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 14, 2009, 11:48:17 PM

uh, no they're not

Growing up in Tampa they were always big here because of Steinbrenner owning so many things here, and if you drive down Dale Mabry near RJS you'd swear that they were Tampa's home team.

They didn't start training here until the mid 1990's. Several teams trained here prior to that. Most notable the Cincinnati Reds. Yankees have always had a big fan base every where. They're not Tampa's original team.

That's true because the Reds played at Al Lopez Stadium which used to stand where RJS does now in the Spring, so they also got alot of exposure in Tampa. But none the less Steinbrenner has owned a good chunk of this town for a long time and even has a high school named after him now, and waaaaay before the Rays came along I kept up with the Yankees even through all those horrible years in the late 80's to mid 90's & considered them to be our team. So now I will be rooting for them 100% the rest of the way and hopefully through the World Series.

Root for who you want, but prior to 1996 they were not "Tampa's" team even though they may have been your team. The high school being named after him has nothing to do with the Yankees, but the family's contributions to the community

So you speak for ALL of Tampa Bay and are basically saying that I was the only one rooting for them, and because of me they built that Yankees Stadium and practice facility on Dale Mabry and why so many Yankees players and the owner all live here.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 15, 2009, 12:06:41 AM

uh, no they're not

Root for who you want, but prior to 1996 they were not "Tampa's" team even though they may have been your team. The high school being named after him has nothing to do with the Yankees, but the family's contributions to the community

So you speak for ALL of Tampa Bay and are basically saying that I was the only one rooting for them, and because of me they built that Yankees Stadium and practice facility on Dale Mabry and why so many Yankees players and the owner all live here.

Are you really that big of a dope?  The practice facility wasn't built because they were "Tampa's" team.  And "so many" Yankee's players didn't live here before they moved ST to Tampa from Fort Lauderdale.  Hell how many of the Yankees actually make Tampa their permanent home now?  Why don't you just admit you mispoke and leave it alone?  The Yankees are not Tampa's "original" team.  I speak for facts on that.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 15, 2009, 01:30:29 AM

uh, no they're not

Are you really that big of a dope? The practice facility wasn't built because they were "Tampa's" team. And "so many" Yankee's players didn't live here before they moved ST to Tampa from Fort Lauderdale. Hell how many of the Yankees actually make Tampa their permanent home now? Why don't you just admit you mispoke and leave it alone? The Yankees are not Tampa's "original" team. I speak for facts on that.

You speak for your circle pretty much and maybe so do I; but back in the mid 80's to mid 90's I knew of many Yankees fans young and old before the Rays ever came along, and we were all mad that they decided to put them both in the same division.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 15, 2009, 11:35:06 AM

uh, no they're not

Are you really that big of a dope? The practice facility wasn't built because they were "Tampa's" team. And "so many" Yankee's players didn't live here before they moved ST to Tampa from Fort Lauderdale. Hell how many of the Yankees actually make Tampa their permanent home now? Why don't you just admit you mispoke and leave it alone? The Yankees are not Tampa's "original" team. I speak for facts on that.

You speak for your circle pretty much and maybe so do I; but back in the mid 80's to mid 90's I knew of many Yankees fans young and old before the Rays ever came along, and we were all mad that they decided to put them both in the same division.

No I speak for facts ... the Yankees were not Tampa's original team neither are the Rays.  Professional baseball in Tampa dates back far before the Yankees built their stadium on Dale Mabry.  Who you and your circle of friends were fans of is irrelevent to the discussion.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 15, 2009, 09:25:31 PM

Dodgers look tough.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 15, 2009, 10:41:52 PM

uh, no they're not

No I speak for facts ... the Yankees were not Tampa's original team neither are the Rays. Professional baseball in Tampa dates back far before the Yankees built their stadium on Dale Mabry. Who you and your circle of friends were fans of is irrelevent to the discussion.

YESSS SIR! I hearby dub thee king of all that is Tampa baseball history.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 16, 2009, 07:39:51 AM

uh, no they're not

No I speak for facts ... the Yankees were not Tampa's original team neither are the Rays. Professional baseball in Tampa dates back far before the Yankees built their stadium on Dale Mabry. Who you and your circle of friends were fans of is irrelevent to the discussion.

YESSS SIR! I hearby dub thee king of all that is Tampa baseball history.

You really are that ignorant.  Man.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 16, 2009, 09:09:10 AM

Yanks/ Phillies

Yankees win it in 6.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 16, 2009, 09:51:37 PM

Geezus, Teixeira is a helluva first baseman.

#25 : October 17, 2009, 12:13:22 AM

I picked Philly v Angels before the playoffs and the phillies win it all

I would liek to see LAD vs NYY. That would make for HUGE ratings, and would be a very intriguing matchup for both casual fans and die hard fans

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 17, 2009, 11:59:11 AM

I will root for anyone going against Manny Ramirez,  I hate that punk!

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 17, 2009, 12:09:13 PM

GO YANKS!

#28 : October 17, 2009, 01:10:23 PM

^^^bandwagoner

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 17, 2009, 03:56:23 PM

^^^bandwagoner

Hmmmm let's see, I was rooting for them back when Don Mattingly played so if that is a "bandwagoner" then the definition of that term has changed at some point.  :-

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: World Series, who'ya got goin'? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools