Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we as fans were to pool together to rent a billboard, Whats your message. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 16, 2009, 06:33:24 AM

Don't forget the disclaimer at the bottom....

"This billboard brought to you by the committee with more dollars than sense"

It may make you feel better for a while but it won't change anything. The Glazers better get some real coaches on speed dial.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#46 : October 16, 2009, 08:45:25 AM

It may make you feel better for a while but it won't change anything. The Glazers better get some real coaches on speed dial.

You're right... billboards never work... that's why there is 30 of them in the downtown interchange on 275.  Oh wait... maybe there is a reason people advertise.

I think it's a mistake to put up a billboard without saying what you want to happen.  You need a call to action, as it's called.  A vague barb is waste of money.

Telling the Glazers you demand action in some way, applies pressure.  "Fire Raheem"  "Fire Hickey"  "Sell Please"  These are tangible goals that will get noticed. 

Follow up the billboard, with all of us wearing bags over our heads at The Green Bay game... then get a petition going to remove the current regime... and then end it with a boycott of the last home game or two... and now you have a successful campaign to apply the change we seek.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 16, 2009, 08:53:04 AM

You're right... billboards never work... that's why there is 30 of them in the downtown interchange on 275. Oh wait... maybe there is a reason people advertise.

I think it's a mistake to put up a billboard without saying what you want to happen. You need a call to action, as it's called. A vague barb is waste of money.

Telling the Glazers you demand action in some way, applies pressure. "Fire Raheem" "Fire Hickey" "Sell Please" These are tangible goals that will get noticed.

Follow up the billboard, with all of us wearing bags over our heads at The Green Bay game... then get a petition going to remove the current regime... and then end it with a boycott of the last home game or two... and now you have a successful campaign to apply the change we seek.

If you want to hurt the Glazer family, don't spend money on their product. That's real and it works. It may not have the instant gratification of publicly humiliating them (like the Bucs are) but it gets the job done.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#48 : October 16, 2009, 09:01:09 AM

You're right... billboards never work... that's why there is 30 of them in the downtown interchange on 275. Oh wait... maybe there is a reason people advertise.

I think it's a mistake to put up a billboard without saying what you want to happen. You need a call to action, as it's called. A vague barb is waste of money.

Telling the Glazers you demand action in some way, applies pressure. "Fire Raheem" "Fire Hickey" "Sell Please" These are tangible goals that will get noticed.

If you want to hurt the Glazer family, don't spend money on their product. That's real and it works. It may not have the instant gratification of publicly humiliating them (like the Bucs are) but it gets the job done.

No doubt... My guess is they are already feeling the sting of decreased ticket sales by buying unused tickets.  That doesn't mean there aren't other ways to apply pressure.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#49 : October 16, 2009, 09:18:02 AM

How many renewals on season tickets do you think they'll have next year? My guess is they will be down 40% from this year.

I think they know they screwed the pooch....hey, there ya go..MG mounting a football.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#50 : October 16, 2009, 10:03:58 AM

I always loved the expression from the movie network.  "We are mad as hell and we arn't going to take it anymore."

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#51 : October 16, 2009, 12:20:37 PM

We could always do a mock classified ad

"Job Opening: Leadership Position (Coaches, Front Office and or Ownership) with the capability of making intelligent football decisions.  Please send applications to BucsFans@WeWantOurTeamBack.com."

[Add witty one liner here]

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 16, 2009, 12:42:42 PM

How about.. "This money could have been used for something worthwhile like charity.."

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#53 : October 16, 2009, 12:53:41 PM

How about.. "This money could have been used for something worthwhile like charity.."

First off, I do more than my fair share for charity, so lay off this idiotic excuse.  We're talking less than $100 per person.  You don't like the idea, don't pitch in.  I don't understand why people think they need to tell others how to be a good fan.  I've been around for a long while and have weathered rough times.  Yes, we are rebuilding, but if this is the direction they think is acceptable, someone needs to speak up.  Will the billboard change everything, no.  But look how much publicity the Bills got over it.  That is an embarrassment to the owners and the GM and draws a lot of media attention to the issues and how they are going to handle them.  It also lets them know the fans are fed up and expect changes.  It's just a simple tool to make our voices heard.  If you like the direction the team is going, fine.  Go watch the losses rack-up and don't say a word.  Some of us however feel like making our feelings known and pushing media to ask question and put the pressure on so that we don't have to take this crap they're selling us.

[Add witty one liner here]

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#54 : October 16, 2009, 01:06:03 PM

Ha! Hilarious...

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#55 : October 16, 2009, 01:09:07 PM

"spend money or sell the team g-men!"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#56 : October 16, 2009, 02:45:48 PM

A picture of the Lombardi Trophy and the words "What Happened?"

"you ain't seen nuthin yet, Tampa"

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Swashbuckler

Practice Squad

#57 : October 16, 2009, 02:53:41 PM

Patience!

My sign would be directed to the fans, not the team.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#58 : October 16, 2009, 02:55:51 PM

"How did we afford this?"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we as fans were to pool together to rent a billboard, Whats your message. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools