Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else glad we have Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: October 17, 2009, 01:34:28 PM

Watching McCoy, I am glad that we have Freeman and will not be taking this guy. I am not a Bradford fan either.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 17, 2009, 01:36:14 PM

A lot of QB's coming out of college need help to grow as pros.  Especially those that are not familiar with pro style offenses which is why Sanchez was so fortunate.  System QB's are harder to project to the pro game, and for good reason.  Even my boy Brohm is looking like he is on his way out.

tampabay-alltheway

Rookie

#2 : October 17, 2009, 01:43:44 PM

Absolutly just wish we brought in a shannanhan or cowher to coach this man up.

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#3 : October 17, 2009, 02:03:52 PM

I'm very happy to have Freeman, he brings a sense of hope, this guy could be just another bust, or he could be the real deal, you never really know. But I do think deep down he's going to be good...

blackthoughtz

Starter

#4 : October 17, 2009, 02:05:43 PM

I have a bad feeling about Freeman...

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 17, 2009, 02:06:36 PM

Watching McCoy, I am glad that we have Freeman and will not be taking this guy. I am not a Bradford fan either.

Go look at the UFL rosters... all those QB's... I'd rather have them than Freeman.  At least I know they are busts and I won't have to wait 3 years for them to prove it.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 17, 2009, 02:10:25 PM

No. If this team was really rebuilding at the start of the year, QB was not the position to fill. The team needs a lot of help on D, and boy does it show it. The only reason to waste a 1st round draft pick on a QB is when nearly all the pieces were in place for him to come in and develop. What we have here is the potential for another Vinny, a good quarterback that is destroyed by being on a bad team.

The Bucs needed to build a team before adding the "franchise" quarterback.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 17, 2009, 02:14:25 PM

No. If this team was really rebuilding at the start of the year, QB was not the position to fill. The team needs a lot of help on D, and boy does it show it. The only reason to waste a 1st round draft pick on a QB is when nearly all the pieces were in place for him to come in and develop. What we have here is the potential for another Vinny, a good quarterback that is destroyed by being on a bad team.

The Bucs needed to build a team before adding the "franchise" quarterback.

There are many ways to approach rebuilding, and the Bucs decided to go with the QB first then build the team around that selection.

lemmer40

Second String

#8 : October 17, 2009, 02:21:08 PM

I have a bad feeling about Freeman...

I concur.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#9 : October 17, 2009, 02:26:49 PM

I like Freeman better than McCoy and Bradford, however I'm not sure I like him better than the other QB's that will be in this draft. However I am very optimistic about his future. I don't see him being a bust, at worst I think he will be a serviceable QB, however I think he will end up being a star. Only time will tell. I wish he did have some better coaching, but Olsen is a good QB coach.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 17, 2009, 02:38:48 PM

Not particularly.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 17, 2009, 02:42:54 PM

I'm not expecting an awful lot from Freeman, no.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 17, 2009, 02:46:18 PM

No matter what you think of the guys this year, still doesn't change that I didn't like the Freeman pick.  Especially now with JJ coming on strong.  We could find we didn't need him in the first place...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 17, 2009, 02:47:57 PM

nope, didn't like the pick then, like it even less now that JJ is trying to prove himself...

wasted pick imo.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 17, 2009, 03:32:45 PM

When we drafted Freeman a few things were a given:

1. No one knew what JJ had as he never had a chance to show anything.
2. No one knew if McCown had any upside.
3. Byron was brought in to compete with McCown.
4. Freeman was drafted knowing full well he would need a year of seasoning.

Results to date:
1. JJ is showing some promise. No one really knows after only 2 games.
2. Guess that decision was made.
3. All he accomplished was to show he's immobile and has poor accuracy and had no OL help.
4.  Freeman is still on the bench and may or may not see any action this year. Has not really shown any interest in learning. We still know nothing about how he will fare and no way to judge up or down until he gets some live action.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else glad we have Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools