Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else glad we have Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

donny77

Starter

#15 : October 17, 2009, 04:19:43 PM

...Has not really shown any interest in learning.
I'd say that's a bit extreme.  I believe the article was does not know how to prepare like a pro.  Everyone is twisting this especially those that did not want Freeman.  There has never been an article stating he refuses to learn or is not listening to the coaches.  Not one.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 17, 2009, 05:21:15 PM

I think Freeman has great upside. I do not understand all the hate. I like the big time arm, the size and his potential. I also like the fact that he is **CENSORED**y. I hope he goes in and succeeds. I think some people on this board tend to overrate JJ.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 17, 2009, 05:38:19 PM

FWIW, I wanted them to draft Freeman.

I just am disappointed in his overall work ethic and weight as has been reported by PR.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 17, 2009, 06:53:14 PM

Me too, but still I am not going to judge until he takes the field.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 17, 2009, 07:41:17 PM

While there were and still are warning signs for Freeman, I'm glad to see there doesn't appear to be a can't miss quarterback that will be available in the top 5 of the draft and all the quarterbacks people thought the Bucs should "wait" for are turning in such shabby seasons. It's not looking like we're missing anything by pulling the trigger this year.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

80sucks

Starter

#20 : October 17, 2009, 08:48:56 PM

You know what I'm glad about?  His name isn't JaMarcus.  I think he's got the arm and the attitude, we just need to see if he has the aptitude.  There's definitely reason for optimism.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 17, 2009, 09:20:33 PM

I think Freeman has great upside. I do not understand all the hate. I like the big time arm, the size and his potential. I also like the fact that he is **CENSORED**y. I hope he goes in and succeeds. I think some people on this board tend to overrate JJ.

Agreed.   I just find it odd some people can say they already know JJ is the QB of the future after two games and they also already know Freeman is a bust after 0 games.    Would love for one of them to be the QB of the future but just being realistic it's not like we didn't need to take a chance on a big time prospect like Freeman.   The chances of a fifth round pick from Division 1 AA becoming a great starter in the NFL are slim.   This draft pick at least doubles our chances that one of them will be the guy.    There is no reward in waiting to take a QB.   You are just delaying that inevitable learning time. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 17, 2009, 09:46:08 PM

While there were and still are warning signs for Freeman, I'm glad to see there doesn't appear to be a can't miss quarterback that will be available in the top 5 of the draft

Jimmy Clausen is looking pretty close to can't-miss, if he comes out.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 18, 2009, 12:08:44 AM

While there were and still are warning signs for Freeman, I'm glad to see there doesn't appear to be a can't miss quarterback that will be available in the top 5 of the draft

Jimmy Clausen is looking pretty close to can't-miss, if he comes out.

I think what he was getting at is how much one year can change a players projection.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 18, 2009, 12:24:13 AM

Watching McCoy, I am glad that we have Freeman and will not be taking this guy. I am not a Bradford fan either.

What have you seen from Freeman that makes you glad we drafted him?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

burger40

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 18, 2009, 12:33:20 AM

Watching McCoy, I am glad that we have Freeman and will not be taking this guy. I am not a Bradford fan either.

i'd be even happier if we had drafted a playmaking WR or DL but maybe Freeman will pan out.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

RudeGuy

Starter

#26 : October 18, 2009, 12:39:46 AM

Must have been his dominant college career. Oh wait...they said he played on a not so good team so it held him back. So I guess the Bucs will need to wait until the team gets better in say maybe 2-3 years to see if this guy is any good. Great!

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 18, 2009, 02:50:56 AM

I am not basing it on anything I have "seen." I haven't seen him play so I hold off judgement, unlike a lot of people on this board already labeling him a bust. I liked Freeman coming out of college. His size, arm strength and athletic ability translate well to the NFL, IMO. He also played in a pro system, unlike many of these spread QBs in the draft this year. IMO, he has much more upside/potential than any QB coming out in 2010. The only problem I see is rushing him in before this team can support him. I think the talent level at WR and RB is suspect. The o-line has looked bad, lets see how Faine helps. Last but not least the defense is a joke. A young QB needs playmakers and a good defense around him. If this team has a supporting cast, Freeman will be fine in my opinion.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 18, 2009, 03:04:09 AM

I am not basing it on anything I have "seen." I haven't seen him play so I hold off judgement, unlike a lot of people on this board already labeling him a bust. I liked Freeman coming out of college. His size, arm strength and athletic ability translate well to the NFL, IMO. He also played in a pro system, unlike many of these spread QBs in the draft this year. IMO, he has much more upside/potential than any QB coming out in 2010. The only problem I see is rushing him in before this team can support him. I think the talent level at WR and RB is suspect. The o-line has looked bad, lets see how Faine helps. Last but not least the defense is a joke. A young QB needs playmakers and a good defense around him. If this team has a supporting cast, Freeman will be fine in my opinion.

i think freeman was a reach but i agree with your analysis. The fact he played in a pro style offense is one reason he got rated so highly and as you said he has lots of potential while also being the greatest risk. Gaudy stats in college don't necessarily mean anything. If they did Colt Brennan of Hawaii a few years back would have been drafted first round bc he set a single season record for passing yards in a career but Hawaii attempts 50 throws a game in a spread offense so nobody in the pros cares.

I want JJ to continue to start but i agree let's not label freeman a bust until proven so even though i wish we hadn't drafted him.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#29 : October 18, 2009, 04:24:31 AM

^^This is a sensible point.^^

Must have been his dominant college career. Oh wait...they said he played on a not so good team so it held him back. So I guess the Bucs will need to wait until the team gets better in say maybe 2-3 years to see if this guy is any good. Great!

^^This is a sensible point.^^
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else glad we have Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools