Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else glad we have Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 18, 2009, 09:12:57 AM

While there were and still are warning signs for Freeman, I'm glad to see there doesn't appear to be a can't miss quarterback that will be available in the top 5 of the draft

Jimmy Clausen is looking pretty close to can't-miss, if he comes out.

I think what he was getting at is how much one year can change a players projection.

I don't think it was, but that's even more of a reason not to take a QB (or any player for that matter) based on what you think the QB crop will be next season.  Take the best player, period.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 18, 2009, 09:33:57 AM

Am I glad we took Freeman? HELL NO.

Am I glad our Head Coach said that he would have taken Freeman with the #1 OVERALL PICK in the draft-- including over Mark Sanchez & Matt Stafford?? DOUBLE HELL NO!!

Just another of the 3,762 BLUNDERS that Rawhide&Co. have made in their extremely short tenure.
Why get excited about having "10 draft picks"??
1. whoever they draft will be a "Reach"
2. whoever they draft will have subpar nfl coaching and gamesmanship.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 18, 2009, 10:19:57 AM

While there were and still are warning signs for Freeman, I'm glad to see there doesn't appear to be a can't miss quarterback that will be available in the top 5 of the draft

Jimmy Clausen is looking pretty close to can't-miss, if he comes out.

I think what he was getting at is how much one year can change a players projection.

I don't think it was, but that's even more of a reason not to take a QB (or any player for that matter) based on what you think the QB crop will be next season. Take the best player, period.

I agree, using hindsight, I think Freeman has more potential than  Bradford or McCoy.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 18, 2009, 10:21:13 AM

Am I glad we took Freeman? HELL NO.

Am I glad our Head Coach said that he would have taken Freeman with the #1 OVERALL PICK in the draft-- including over Mark Sanchez & Matt Stafford?? DOUBLE HELL NO!!

Just another of the 3,762 BLUNDERS that Rawhide&Co. have made in their extremely short tenure.
Why get excited about having "10 draft picks"??
1. whoever they draft will be a "Reach"
2. whoever they draft will have subpar nfl coaching and gamesmanship.

I think RM and MD will be much better at drafting than Gruden/Allen ever were.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 18, 2009, 10:35:15 AM

I agree, using hindsight, I think Freeman has more potential than  Bradford or McCoy.

What do yo mean "using hindsight?"  There were plenty of people who weren't (and still aren't) sold on Freeman as an NFL QB.

drywallbuc

Starter

#35 : October 18, 2009, 10:42:32 AM

Watching McCoy, I am glad that we have Freeman and will not be taking this guy. I am not a Bradford fan either.
dont know much about either, but a couple of the announcers thru the day yesterday including lou holtz said bradfords career is possibly over.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 18, 2009, 10:39:46 AM

I mean looking back on last years draft now that we see how the QBs, projected for 2010, are sucking. I am glad we took Freeman in last year draft, instead of waiting for a  "great qb" this year.

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#37 : October 18, 2009, 10:57:22 AM

Freeman wasnt worth the first round pick we spent on him.  We had  much bigger needs then and it shows now. How could everyone else that we needed DL and CB help except for the bucs staff.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 18, 2009, 10:58:36 AM

Watching McCoy, I am glad that we have Freeman and will not be taking this guy. I am not a Bradford fan either.
dont know much about either, but a couple of the announcers thru the day yesterday including lou holtz said bradfords career is possibly over.

COLLEGE career, not career career

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 18, 2009, 11:06:20 AM

What have you seen from Freeman that makes you glad we drafted him?

I am not basing it on anything I have "seen." I haven't seen him play so I hold off judgement, unlike a lot of people on this board already labeling him a bust. I liked Freeman coming out of college. His size, arm strength and athletic ability translate well to the NFL, IMO. He also played in a pro system, unlike many of these spread QBs in the draft this year. IMO, he has much more upside/potential than any QB coming out in 2010. The only problem I see is rushing him in before this team can support him. I think the talent level at WR and RB is suspect. The o-line has looked bad, lets see how Faine helps. Last but not least the defense is a joke. A young QB needs playmakers and a good defense around him. If this team has a supporting cast, Freeman will be fine in my opinion.

I can respect that.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 18, 2009, 12:06:09 PM

The people that argue drafting Freeman wasn't a good idea are the same people that will continually say next year is the year to draft a QB high.  Well since 2004 that is what has been said and finally someone had the cojones to take a shot with a first round QB finally.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 18, 2009, 12:17:39 PM

No. I would rather have Percy Harvin, somebody who actually is making an impact THIS YEAR.

No. I would rather have Jeremy Maclin, somebody who actually is making an impact THIS YEAR.

No. I would rather have Michael Oher, somebody who actually is making an impact THIS YEAR.

No. I would rather have Vontae Davis, somebody who actually is making an impact THIS YEAR.

No. I would rather have Hakeem Nicks, somebody who actually is making an impact THIS YEAR.

Why pay that useless bum Freeman a whole year of 1st round QB Money if all hes going to do is **CENSORED** around on the sidelines not doing a friggin thing?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else glad we have Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools