Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Terrelle Pryor runs 4.33 40 time « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

ranman

Pro Bowler
#120 : October 20, 2009, 08:00:12 PM

One of my buddies stated it best.  When he signed he was worried he wouldn't make it to three years.  Now he's worried he'll make it to four.  lol

Honestly, Tress needs to hire a good OC who can work with TP.  No reason he should be regressing at this point.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#121 : October 20, 2009, 10:18:32 PM

I don't know what the answer is - except to wrestle play-calling duties from Tress - he's the defensive guru anyway - he just doesn't want the offense to tax his defense...

...it's time for an offense that will challenge the other teams defense.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#122 : October 20, 2009, 10:38:01 PM

Never thought TP or Buck's would do much this season - but Purdue was not a loss I was figuring on...

...it doesn't matter - we just don't gain anything by benching Terrelle this year. Let him learn while experiencing ridicule. He wants to be the man...let him try to be....

That way we'll be ready next season, our team should reach a maturity that no other team in the nation will be able to match.

This is the season Terrelle Pryor and DeVier Posey need to learn how to get it done - next year I expect MUCH more.

and if it doesn't happen I'm with kicking the Senator up to AD...

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#123 : October 21, 2009, 10:26:28 PM

Tress has this kid by the short hairs - he wants to be an NFL QB, that's not going to happen with Rich Rodriquez.

Terrelle does not want to linger in the college game - so he can't transfer.

He will comply, or he will be made to comply.

Once he gives in to Tress he will begin to get better - if he begins to think of Tress as a safe haven, well...then he's in the game.

This is about next season - this season was over after USC.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#124 : October 21, 2009, 05:16:34 PM

Should have went to Oregon. They may not play you in a pro style offense but playing WR wont set you for success to play QB in the NFL. Enjoy it Pryor.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#125 : October 21, 2009, 06:25:44 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/10/21/pryor-posey.ap/index.html

Ouch. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#126 : October 22, 2009, 09:30:08 AM

Tress has this kid by the short hairs - he wants to be an NFL QB, that's not going to happen with Rich Rodriquez.

I don't think it was ever going to happen anyway.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#127 : October 22, 2009, 10:49:20 PM

Not sure, one of the biggest leaps Troy Smith made - was when he stopped fighting to b e his own man - and began to listen to Tress.

He folded like a cheap suit the night before the biggest game of his career, when he decided to be his own man again...

I think this is exactly what Tress wants. i think Tyrrelle Pryor is more athletic and smarter than Troy Smith.

Next season is what he's being prepared for...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#128 : October 23, 2009, 09:33:21 AM

Troy Smith could throw the ball better than Pryor, though.  That's the biggest difference, IMO.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#129 : October 23, 2009, 05:18:02 PM

You think so?

The reports during the recruitment period stated Pryor did have a powerful arm..but what concerned me was I felt anytime you have a guy this fast he tends to run from trouble, rather than find an open receiver to dump it off to...therefore he fails to develop an understanding of the passing game.

I was swayed because the kid really seemed bent on wanting to learn the passing side of the game. He seemed intent on buckling down and learning - even at the cost of not playing immediately.

I just think that the entourage and the hangers-on are too close to Terrelle. I saw it with Maurice Clarett, even after the kid got into trouble he had folks trying to co-opt his popularity. Telling him what he wanted to hear, instead of what he needed to hear...

Troy Smith began to listen to Tressell and he settled down and learned how to handle the pressure and the entourage, until just before the game against Florida, where he backslid and it all came down on him.

It all comes down to Terrelle Pryor, if he wants to rebel and shrug this off, then no, he'll probably never have an NFL caliber mind to go along with his NFL caliber talent...and he might as well change positions.

If he listens to Tress, commits to shouldering responsibility as a leader then he might just have a chance to be special...

He's the type of guy that should stay in school for all 4 years - and he might be able to make the leap. As it is, he's got a lot of growing to do before he even lives up to the expectations of leadership at Ohio State.

I never really thought Troy Smith had a better arm, if he did he would have been more heavily recruited and had a better chance as an NFL starter...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#130 : October 23, 2009, 05:42:44 PM

Smith has a pretty good arm, that's really the main reason he's in the NFL backing up Flacco.

I don't think Pryor's problem is arm strength, I just don't think he has shown he can be consistent enough with his accuracy.  Also, the guy really struggles with his reads.

He's he helluva athlete, reminiscent of Matt Jones at Arkansas.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#131 : October 23, 2009, 05:52:38 PM

No, you're right - Terrelle isn't plagued by a lack of arm-strength - he's plagued by believing his own press.

The only way to learn is to fail and then be honest with your role in the failure.

Purdue is ALL on Terrelle Pryor - he MUST learn to read defenses better...that's not going to happen if you make excuses for yourself, which is what I started to hear...

Pryor has a year of failure in front of him, with everyone counting ON him as the leader. He has to shoulder that, learn quickly, and then adapt his game.

Like I said, Tress has him right where he wants him - the outcome is all up to Terrelle Pryor.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#132 : October 23, 2009, 07:05:07 PM

I don't think Pryor's problem is arm strength, I just don't think he has shown he can be consistent enough with his accuracy.  Also, the guy really struggles with his reads.

He's an athlete who happens to play QB but he's not a talented passers- and that is something you can say about 80% of the college QB's at this point.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#133 : October 23, 2009, 10:05:49 PM

He's also a Sophmore.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#134 : October 26, 2009, 12:21:21 AM

Terrelle needs to go the TE route like Ingram did.  Obviously, not tearing your ACL would help...but Terrelle reminds me so much of CI at Florida.  Obviously, Terrelle actually got a chance in games to play QB, and CI didn't.  But what I saw of CI in practice and HS, he looked a lot like Terrelle.  A Tremendous athlete, great size and speed...but far too inconsistent as a passer to be a great QB. 
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Terrelle Pryor runs 4.33 40 time « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools