Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the most overrated team annually? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 21, 2009, 11:08:38 AM

Who is the most overrated team annually?

Every SEC team outside of Florida (or, possibly Alabama this year) ... 

Annually: to occur every year, year after year, over the course of many years.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 21, 2009, 11:45:21 AM

Oh listening to Kirk Hebrstreit and Oregon State fans Id think Oregon would be overrated.
Don't you have to be good or considered a threat to be overrated?

Oregon is neither, can't remember when they were even in a national championship.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 21, 2009, 03:29:13 PM

Annually: to occur every year, year after year, over the course of many years.

Damn you and your semantics ....

I edited the original post ...

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 21, 2009, 03:32:27 PM

We know, we know, the SEC is overrated.   ::)

It's been a while ... I've been shirking my duties.   ;)

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 21, 2009, 05:14:24 PM

Oh listening to Kirk Hebrstreit and Oregon State fans Id think Oregon would be overrated.

Oregon is neither, can't remember when they were even in a national championship.

might wanna look where they stand in wins since the bcs era... better than bama

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 21, 2009, 06:02:16 PM

USC is always a power, but there have been a few in years in recent past where their squads have been crowned the best teams EVER, where they were never even close.

Notre Dame is the most consistently overrated teatm

USC with Reggie Bush and Leinert were some of the best teams ever.
That's a point that can easily be argued.

Besides........ They were crowned "the best ever", and then lost to a single player.

Teams in the discussion should at least be able to stop ONE guy.

I think there are 21 other starters on that team would take issue with that comment. And it was the Davey O'Brien Award winning, Heisman runner-up and arguably one of the top 10 collegiate QB's in history leading an 11-0 team you're talking about.

I find it funny that you'd single out that one game to argue that USC wasn't one of the best ever that year. They were. But so was that Texas team. That's what made it such a great game.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 22, 2009, 07:48:54 AM

So you admit Oregon is overrated. Good. Oregon can't even win the Pac10.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 22, 2009, 08:18:58 AM

USC is always a power, but there have been a few in years in recent past where their squads have been crowned the best teams EVER, where they were never even close.

Notre Dame is the most consistently overrated teatm

USC with Reggie Bush and Leinert were some of the best teams ever.
That's a point that can easily be argued.

Besides........ They were crowned "the best ever", and then lost to a single player.

Teams in the discussion should at least be able to stop ONE guy.

I think there are 21 other starters on that team would take issue with that comment. And it was the Davey O'Brien Award winning, Heisman runner-up and arguably one of the top 10 collegiate QB's in history leading an 11-0 team you're talking about.

I find it funny that you'd single out that one game to argue that USC wasn't one of the best ever that year. They were. But so was that Texas team. That's what made it such a great game.
I find it funny that you would argue that USC team to still be in the discussion as the greatest ever.

Throughout the year, we were being told that we were watchig the best team ever to set foot on a college football field. We guess what......... We weren't.

Teams in the "greatest ever" discussion don't lose games.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 22, 2009, 08:32:26 AM

You might want to look up all time wins.......... and conference championships............... and bowl victories............... and............. well EVERYTHING.

Oregon should never be mentioned in the same breath as Alabama when talking in terms of relevance to the game of college football.

Bama's current season is going well, and they have to be in the national championship conversation. They even have a back sneaking his way into the Heisman discussion.

Oregon is relevant, because one of their players tried to beat up an entire stadium. Other than that, they are who they are......... Just another Pac 10 team not named USC, thus not worth mentioning.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 22, 2009, 01:28:28 PM

I find it funny that you would argue that USC team to still be in the discussion as the greatest ever.

Throughout the year, we were being told that we were watchig the best team ever to set foot on a college football field. We guess what......... We weren't.

That Leinart/Bush squad went 11-1 in 2004 and wound up ranked #1 in the AP poll. Even 3 BCS coaches, who were obligated to vote for LSU, ignored instructions and voted USC anyway. They were 12-0 in 2005 and won the BCS and AP titles, and they were 12-0 in 2006 before losing in the last seconds to that 12-0 Texas team (not 11-0, my bad).

Maybe not the greatest, but that was one of the best teams ever to set foot on a college football field. If you deny that, you're just hatin'..

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 22, 2009, 03:20:29 PM

That Leinart/Bush squad went 11-1 in 2004 and wound up ranked #1 in the AP poll. Even 3 BCS coaches, who were obligated to vote for LSU, ignored instructions and voted USC anyway. They were 12-0 in 2005 and won the BCS and AP titles, and they were 12-0 in 2006 before losing in the last seconds to that 12-0 Texas team (not 11-0, my bad).

Maybe not the greatest, but that was one of the best teams ever to set foot on a college football field. If you deny that, you're just hatin'..

Your years are off. The 2004 team went 13-0. The '03 team went 12-1 and split the title with LSU. The '05 USC team lost to Texas. 2006 was UF beating OSU.

I'd say the '04 USC team was one of the best ever. The '94-'95 Nebraska teams, IMO were maybe better, certainly more physical.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 22, 2009, 03:22:32 PM

Those Cornhusker teams were the best I've ever seen in College Football.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 22, 2009, 03:32:04 PM

Saints. Ever since Hurricane Katrina ESPN has had a hard on for them.

They "root" for the underdog, but only if they have "talent" on their team to go along with their vote. We obviously don't, so we're just a joke to them.

Next to them, they like Minne and Dallas about the same, although in the offseason, the redskins usually dominate the airwaves.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 22, 2009, 03:35:33 PM

Saints. Ever since Hurricane Katrina ESPN has had a hard on for them.

They "root" for the underdog, but only if they have "talent" on their team to go along with their vote. We obviously don't, so we're just a joke to them.

Next to them, they like Minne and Dallas about the same, although in the offseason, the redskins usually dominate the airwaves.

Most relevant post ever on a College Football Board

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 22, 2009, 04:48:38 PM

Your years are off. The 2004 team went 13-0. The '03 team went 12-1 and split the title with LSU. The '05 USC team lost to Texas. 2006 was UF beating OSU.

I'd say the '04 USC team was one of the best ever. The '94-'95 Nebraska teams, IMO were maybe better, certainly more physical.

Damn, that's the last time I hit an off-broadway USC site..  lol

Yea, those Nebraska teams were beasts. But the Notre Dame teams of the Rockne era owned all..

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the most overrated team annually? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools