Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama: "We Don't Care What The Public Thinks" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 17, 2009, 10:39:54 AM

Well he did have the votes.

He did? How do you know that?

A few weeks ago, I thought he had the votes but in the end, that was based on media speculation and the word of a few Senators.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 17, 2009, 10:42:57 AM

don't the dems control congress?  Why doesn't he have the votes?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 17, 2009, 10:48:51 AM

don't the dems control congress?  Why doesn't he have the votes?

Obviously because not every D is voting party line.

Shouldn't that be considered a good thing?

I'm waiting for the conservatives on this board to thank the blue dogs.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 17, 2009, 02:15:39 PM

don't the dems control congress? �Why doesn't he have the votes?

It's too early to know who to thank, Joe. It may come down to thanking the most left leaning liberals for refusing to compromise on the final proposed bill after the reconciliation process. If that happens it would be a moot point regarding the Blue Dogs who will more then likely vote "Yes" if a compromise does in fact happen. Blue Dogs, in spite of their self proclaimed fiscal consverative moniker more often then not toe the party line. They just use their status as Blue Dogs to push for their own compromises.

At this point the people that deserve thanking are the American people, they are the one's driving the approval numbers down and that is what is hanging up the Blue Dogs as well as other Democrats that may be up for re-election in tight races.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 17, 2009, 04:31:55 PM

It's too early to know who to thank, Joe. It may come down to thanking the most left leaning liberals for refusing to compromise on the final proposed bill after the reconciliation process. If that happens it would be a moot point regarding the Blue Dogs who will more then likely vote "Yes" if a compromise does in fact happen. Blue Dogs, in spite of their self proclaimed fiscal consverative moniker more often then not toe the party line. They just use their status as Blue Dogs to push for their own compromises.

At this point the people that deserve thanking are the American people, they are the one's driving the approval numbers down and that is what is hanging up the Blue Dogs as well as other Democrats that may be up for re-election in tight races.

So many emails that the Capital email servers crashed, massive crowds at town hall meetings, etc. When Congressmen know that their constituents are really paying attention, then they start to pay attention.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 17, 2009, 04:42:02 PM

So many emails that the Capital email servers crashed, massive crowds at town hall meetings, etc. When Congressmen know that their constituents are really paying attention, then they start to pay attention.

Makes you wonder if folks will keep it up - and tell the 535 to reduce spending .... wouldn't that be nifty.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 18, 2009, 03:23:05 AM

I'm not so sure that the majority is against a public option. Making noise and being seen doesn't make them the majority.

However, IF the votes were affected because of public pressure, then that's a good sign for the future on other issues.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 18, 2009, 08:45:52 AM

I'm not so sure that the majority is against a public option. Making noise and being seen doesn't make them the majority.

However, IF the votes were affected because of public pressure, then that's a good sign for the future on other issues.

Depends on who you want to listen to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/17/obama-boost-new-poll-show_n_217175.html

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/july_2009/50_oppose_government_health_insurance_company

Or when you listened to it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/19/opinion/polls/main5098517.shtml

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/june_2009/41_favor_public_sector_health_care_option_41_disagree

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 18, 2009, 10:55:24 AM

I do not think your title is really a quote.  It should not be treated as one.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#24 : August 18, 2009, 02:06:42 PM

Hmmm.......I've never seen a Lemon Grove in Florida............must be out of my region..........

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 18, 2009, 01:48:48 PM

A woman applying for a job in a Florida lemon grove seemed to be far too qualified for the job.

So, the foreman frowned and said, "I have to ask you this; "Have you had any actual experience in picking lemons?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I have!" she replied. "I've been divorced three times and I voted for Obama."
She got the job.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 18, 2009, 03:45:43 PM

Hmmm.......I've never seen a Lemon Grove in Florida............must be out of my region..........

Mostly in south Florida up to around Ruskin.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 19, 2009, 05:46:41 PM

Ah, so geographical and agricultural knowledge exists - well done chumbag... LOL  Hope it make you at least smile -

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#28 : August 19, 2009, 06:37:30 PM

Wow...the level of patience in men is amazing.

Agendas have been set, and I think it is because of race.

That is just me saying it...I am sure a lot of hate goes on outside of this MB realm. I am POSITIVE of it. And I hate the peeople who think that way. I would sooner save the piss to put the fire out, IMO...

LOl so did people bash Bush because he was White? It has to do with Dems vs Reps.
Bush was bashed because he was a liar, and not well spoken.

WMD baby.

What are you talking about, he is well spoken...or was.....TOO MUCH BOOZIN

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 19, 2009, 07:54:56 PM

So boid - you thinking Obama was simply mistaken about what organizations were supporting the House's HC plan - or was he the only one in the country who didn't know AARP hadn't endorsed the aberration?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama: "We Don't Care What The Public Thinks" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools