Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quinn Gray to get the start Sunday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

MBF

Hall of Famer

: October 25, 2007, 10:36:04 AM

And Stroud and Henderson are TWO cats that will be shoving the middle around next week. Garcia needs to be ready to motor, because if either of those guys land on him, he is going to get hurt.

Those 2 guys are the biggest humans i've ever seen. Close up, they are monstrous.

We will be running sweeps all day!!!
We better, because Rogers knocked Sears on his arse last week and the same thing will probably happen again this week.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 25, 2007, 01:08:23 AM

They have given the Bucs fits, and that is a fact, no?

We're playing very well at home and that is a fact, no?
Funny that you can use this implication as your basis for being a "man in the right", but if I say the Jags have given the Bucs absolute fits, you refuse to accept it.

Typical behavior from you lately. 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 24, 2007, 01:29:20 PM

It wont matter when they run the ball down our throats on 30 consecutive plays.

A 30 play drive would mean a whole lot of penalties or they are only averaging 3 yards a carry.  I think they would punt or score well before 30 consecutive plays.

#3 : October 23, 2007, 09:04:39 PM

Adams will be better than Rice once he has a season under his belt and a few steak dinners.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

What have you seen from Gaines that would urge you to make such a bold statement?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 23, 2007, 08:34:53 PM

We should put Graham at FB, first play of the game FB dive. Place Bennett at RB, than we run a few FB plays we can do the fake fb dive rb pitch and that should be open for Bennett.  If we don't turn the ball over we win, Gray will give us an extra possession with good field position.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#5 : October 23, 2007, 08:27:09 PM

I doubt Simeon would teach anyone, the guy is so self centered he makes Narciso look like a chump.

Have you never heard/read of all the time Simeon spent tutoring Ellis Wyms?

I've heard the contrary. This is the first I've read anyone speaking positively about Rice regarding his Team Work labor, not his performance.
Haven't read enough about him then...other than the recent stuff regarding his contract, and the somewhat entertaining interviews he gives.  He is DOIN it BIG.

Rice is a legend in the workout field, and he has helped people who want to stick around and work. 

And Sammy, I agree 100 percent.  Gaines is not learning anything from the slow, inneffective pass rushers he is working with.  It is those guys that are getting owned out there...they have been around before.

Maybe Coyer is to blame.

The only thing big about Rice in the last couple years has been his ego.  Not something you want Adams picking up.    Adams will be better than Rice once he has a season under his belt and a few steak dinners.   This is the NFL....rookies don't dominate.  In fact they usually look like weak picks. 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 23, 2007, 05:11:38 PM

Bucs versus any new QB in this day and age means GOOD PERFORMANCE by QB.

agreed, he will smoke our boots

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 23, 2007, 10:29:46 AM

We will be running sweeps all day!!!

Good thing we grabed Bennett cause EG on sweeps is like my grandma trying to get around the corner.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 23, 2007, 10:25:59 AM

We're playing very well at home and that is a fact, no?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 23, 2007, 10:23:23 AM

If MJD is out we have a shot.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 23, 2007, 04:44:40 PM

I heard how St Louis was going to run all over our D as well as the Titans.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 23, 2007, 10:24:29 AM

I honestly don't get the love affair with Jacksonville. Yes they are a very physical team, with a solid run game, but Quinn Gray??? Come on now. This guy looked absolutely awful tonight. The Jags become very one dimensional when you take away Garrard....its not like they have a stud WR to take the pressure off him. If the Bucs were in the Jags shoes everyone in the media would be saying "who have they beat?". They've been average at best so far this season, and minus Garrard this should very winnable game. I just pray Monte will mix in some 3-4 and exotic blitz packages.
Jax is playing very well. They have a better record than the Bucs, and play better teams.

The BUcs are 4-3, play pretty bad teams, and are completely banged up. Jax defense opposed to Detroit defense is no contest.

And the Colts are the Colts. They score on everyone...

Jax has beat the hell out of the BUcs. And Stroud and Henderson are TWO cats that will be shoving the middle around next week. Garcia needs to be ready to motor, because if either of those guys land on him, he is going to get hurt.

They have beat Atlanta, Denver, Houston, and Kansas City, and for the most part they struggled in those wins.  How have they beat better teams?  The only common opponent between the us is Tennesse and they lost, we won.  We both got manhandled by the Colts.  Actually, I think the Bucs and Jags are very evenly matched with Garrard at the helm.  Both teams have a QB that plays mistake free and manages th game well.  Both teams play strong physical defense.  The Jags clearly have the edge at RB, but the way Graham carried the load last week, and the change of pace burst of Bennett, it could be closer than it seems.  Maybe Im being biased, but honestly what is the obsession with Jacksonville?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 23, 2007, 10:22:18 AM

Take 'em out? Put more in!

Go for the D line!

We have a good shot, Garrard, or not. Of course Gray gives us a better shot. And I want
the win no matter what so we can overcome these injuries and win the games we
need to win for the stretch run to matter. And that's (hopefully) when some of our
guys will be healthy again.

Gray's sailing of passes is probably from his inactivity. Hope it keeps up though.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 23, 2007, 10:25:28 AM

Are you wearing your "I'm Enamored with the Jags," t-shirt?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 23, 2007, 10:58:48 AM

I don't know about that...with all of our injuries and them not having any; and them completely dominating us every time we play...

We would have A chance, but not a good/decent chance.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quinn Gray to get the start Sunday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools