Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quinn Gray to get the start Sunday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 23, 2007, 10:55:26 AM

We do have a decent chance considering all of those factors on Sunday...Go Bucs.

And my point would be that even with a healthy Jags team, we'd still have a decent chance.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 23, 2007, 10:52:50 AM

First of all, can we please delete ONE of these Gray/Garrard threads?

Second,  I see Boid's point because Jax has made us look like a 1-AA college school everytime we have played them...pre- and regular season.  They have physically beat the crap out of us everytime.

But, on the other hand, I see everyone else's perspective:  Home game, Garrard is possibly out, MJD is possibly out, and our team has played better than we all expected thus far this year.

We do have a decent chance considering all of those factors on Sunday...Go Bucs.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 23, 2007, 01:07:18 AM

matt jones will act as number 2 QB un less they sign someone else

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 23, 2007, 01:10:01 AM

Garrard's big advantage is not turning it over. If Gray doesn't turn it over, they win. But does one get the sense watching the game tonight that they will play turnover-free ball with him at the helm? His passes sail and he nearly had several other INTs in addition to the two he threw.
Win turnover battle, 3-1, including maybe a pick six. Bucs 16-10.

In Verner We Trust

#19 : October 23, 2007, 10:47:06 AM

Boid, you are sugarcoating this Jax team way too much. Yes, they are good, but they are far from the unstoppable force you are making them out to be. I'm sorry but you are dead wrong about Gray, that guy is terrible, and we will have many oppurtunities to create turnovers. As far as their defense goes, yes they are very stout, but not invincible. Henderson and Stroud are monsters in the middle, but I have yet so see them dominate this season. I don't see them ripping through the middle of offensive lines, and in fact from what I've seen of them, including last night against Indy, they looked out of position and undisciplined. Indy gave them multiple looks and did not mearly run straight at them. If we take a similar approach, we can minimize their impact. I see them more as space eaters than disrupters. Even if they do completely take away the run, its not like we are a great running team anyway and need it to win the game.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 23, 2007, 03:20:32 AM

Oh and by the way ...that RB Drew...he hurt his knee in the 4th qt...excuse me while I take these needles out of this old doll. ;)

Watchman

Starter

#21 : October 23, 2007, 02:30:16 AM

Garrard's big advantage is not turning it over. If Gray doesn't turn it over, they win. But does one get the sense watching the game tonight that they will play turnover-free ball with him at the helm? His passes sail and he nearly had several other INTs in addition to the two he threw.
Win turnover battle, 3-1, including maybe a pick six. Bucs 16-10.

Might not even be that high scoring.  I can easily see a 10-7 game.

#22 : October 23, 2007, 01:05:05 AM

And Stroud and Henderson are TWO cats that will be shoving the middle around next week. Garcia needs to be ready to motor, because if either of those guys land on him, he is going to get hurt.

Those 2 guys are the biggest humans i've ever seen. Close up, they are monstrous.

We will be running sweeps all day!!!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 23, 2007, 01:05:48 AM

The Bucs play pretty bad teams? C'mon now. We beat the same Titans team that beat them. One of our three losses is to the Colts. So they get a pass for losing to the Colts by 22 at home and we don't for losing by 19 on the road? I can understand respect for them. They won at KC and Denver, two tough places. But Carolina isn't a BAD team. Not a good one, but Denver and KC could very easily both be looking at the playoffs from the outside.
We HAVE had a lot of bad games against them over the years. It would be a nice time to reverse the trend. I think we have a good chance to win this game.

In Verner We Trust

BucNasty24

Second String

#24 : October 23, 2007, 01:06:17 AM

I honestly don't get the love affair with Jacksonville. Yes they are a very physical team, with a solid run game, but Quinn Gray??? Come on now. This guy looked absolutely awful tonight. The Jags become very one dimensional when you take away Garrard....its not like they have a stud WR to take the pressure off him. If the Bucs were in the Jags shoes everyone in the media would be saying "who have they beat?". They've been average at best so far this season, and minus Garrard this should very winnable game. I just pray Monte will mix in some 3-4 and exotic blitz packages.
Jax is playing very well. They have a better record than the Bucs, and play better teams.

The BUcs are 4-3, play pretty bad teams, and are completely banged up. Jax defense opposed to Detroit defense is no contest.

And the Colts are the Colts. They score on everyone...

Jax has beat the hell out of the BUcs. And Stroud and Henderson are TWO cats that will be shoving the middle around next week. Garcia needs to be ready to motor, because if either of those guys land on him, he is going to get hurt.

They have beat Atlanta, Denver, Houston, and Kansas City, and for the most part they struggled in those wins.  How have they beat better teams?  The only common opponent between the us is Tennesse and they lost, we won.  We both got manhandled by the Colts.  Actually, I think the Bucs and Jags are very evenly matched with Garrard at the helm.  Both teams have a QB that plays mistake free and manages th game well.  Both teams play strong physical defense.  The Jags clearly have the edge at RB, but the way Graham carried the load last week, and the change of pace burst of Bennett, it could be closer than it seems.  Maybe Im being biased, but honestly what is the obsession with Jacksonville?

BP1

Pro Bowler

#25 : October 23, 2007, 01:04:23 AM

I honestly don't get the love affair with Jacksonville. Yes they are a very physical team, with a solid run game, but Quinn Gray??? Come on now. This guy looked absolutely awful tonight. The Jags become very one dimensional when you take away Garrard....its not like they have a stud WR to take the pressure off him. If the Bucs were in the Jags shoes everyone in the media would be saying "who have they beat?". They've been average at best so far this season, and minus Garrard this should very winnable game. I just pray Monte will mix in some 3-4 and exotic blitz packages.
Jax is playing very well. They have a better record than the Bucs, and play better teams.

The BUcs are 4-3, play pretty bad teams, and are completely banged up. Jax defense opposed to Detroit defense is no contest.

And the Colts are the Colts. They score on everyone...

Jax has beat the hell out of the BUcs. And Stroud and Henderson are TWO cats that will be shoving the middle around next week. Garcia needs to be ready to motor, because if either of those guys land on him, he is going to get hurt.

BF, It will be different this time. I'm feeling it.......who else is with me?

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 23, 2007, 12:46:22 AM

I doubt Simeon would teach anyone, the guy is so self centered he makes Narciso look like a chump.

Have you never heard/read of all the time Simeon spent tutoring Ellis Wyms?

I've heard the contrary. This is the first I've read anyone speaking positively about Rice regarding his Team Work labor, not his performance.

Rice did not to say anything he could have showed by example..they are the same kind of pass rusher adams could have learned by just watching how rice does it at the nfl level

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 23, 2007, 12:47:16 AM

I think Rice helped D. White a bit as well.

BTW, I would have to think losing White is more of a regret than losing Rice at this point.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 23, 2007, 12:49:36 AM

at the time it seemed like a good move right now no...but who knows it was alot of money....and signing an older kevin carter that seemed to disapear latly

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 23, 2007, 12:49:43 AM

I doubt Simeon would teach anyone, the guy is so self centered he makes Narciso look like a chump.

Have you never heard/read of all the time Simeon spent tutoring Ellis Wyms?

I've heard the contrary. This is the first I've read anyone speaking positively about Rice regarding his Team Work labor, not his performance.
Haven't read enough about him then...other than the recent stuff regarding his contract, and the somewhat entertaining interviews he gives.  He is DOIN it BIG.

Rice is a legend in the workout field, and he has helped people who want to stick around and work.  

And Sammy, I agree 100 percent.  Gaines is not learning anything from the slow, inneffective pass rushers he is working with.  It is those guys that are getting owned out there...they have been around before.

Maybe Coyer is to blame.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quinn Gray to get the start Sunday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools