Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Johnson isn't going to get it done « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#15 : October 18, 2009, 04:13:34 PM

Yeah... I'm definitely over JJ

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 18, 2009, 04:17:15 PM

but....but he's the future!!

Delhome = at least three picks.

Let's just hope everyone's personal savior Lord Josh Johnson doesn't do the same. 

Blame me....I saw the turnover train pulling into the station before kick off and jinxed us.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#17 : October 18, 2009, 04:19:46 PM

It's gonna be JJ next week and Freeman after the bye.

At least JJ is a serviceable backup.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 18, 2009, 04:22:30 PM

It's gonna be JJ next week and Freeman after the bye.

At least JJ is a serviceable backup.

What's your definition of serviceable?   Half as many turnovers as completions?  All the speed and accuracy in the world won't help this kid right now.....he can't keep control of the ball....which is the number one job of the QB.   I was pulling for him, he just hasn't done enough to keep Freeman on the bench.   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 18, 2009, 04:27:50 PM

JJ's a stud.  Can't blame the loss solely on the QB.  Especially one making his 3rd start.  He was the greatest Div 1a QB ever.  We should have never drafted Freeman when we had such an immense talent on the roster.  Oh well, maybe some other team will take advantage of us and trade a 1st for him.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#20 : October 18, 2009, 04:28:48 PM

It's going to be real tough to watch the blood bath next week.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 18, 2009, 04:30:53 PM

Freeman is RAW'S last card...he's going to hold that as long as possible

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 18, 2009, 04:31:49 PM

cueing Incognito, 1,2,3
He wasn't horrible.... but he didn't play spectacularly. I really wasn't impressed. Some people think I'm a JJ fanboy... but I'm not. Actually, I'm open to putting Freeman in now (just to see what he's got). I just get the feeling that he's gonna be worse than JJ and then if we end up shopping him, his value goes down. I really don't think Rah is gonna put Freeman in at this point. JJ didn't play too badly. It just wasn't a special performance.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 18, 2009, 04:32:16 PM

he definitely wasn't outstanding but we had a couple drives killed by penalties and our running game thouh serviceable wasn't anything like Carolina's. What happened to Penn? He had two penalites that killed drives in good field position. Then Gilmore or was it stevens killed our 4th and one play. Josh did OK, still very young i definitely would be ok with playing Freeman after a few weeks but we don't want to ruin him by putting him in when he isn't ready.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 18, 2009, 04:34:55 PM

Kinda hard to do anything with Peppers on top of you all game! Thanks Trueblood!!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#25 : October 18, 2009, 04:37:27 PM

I've been saying it for the last 3 games -- Josh Johnson is not a good quarterback. Time to move on and give Freeman the start in London -- it's a no-pressure game to start because nobody expects us to play well and nobody there will know enough to boo him.

Let the kid get a fun debut.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 18, 2009, 04:37:51 PM

cueing Incognito, 1,2,3
He wasn't horrible.... but he didn't play spectacularly. I really wasn't impressed. Some people think I'm a JJ fanboy... but I'm not. Actually, I'm open to putting Freeman in now (just to see what he's got). I just get the feeling that he's gonna be worse than JJ and then if we end up shopping him, his value goes down. I really don't think Rah is gonna put Freeman in at this point. JJ didn't play too badly. It just wasn't a special performance.

you are a fanboy....you made a Josh Johnson is the future sig after his second game.    Freeman can't be worse then JJ.   Anybody can lose us games and drop the ball with every bit of contact and throw picks.   Josh Johnson is a 5th round pick and while he may have earned a chance to start some games he hasn't earned the right to continue starting.   Not when you have a first round pick on the bench who almost got put in the week before.  

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 18, 2009, 04:40:23 PM

I've been saying it for the last 3 games -- Josh Johnson is not a good quarterback. Time to move on and give Freeman the start in London -- it's a no-pressure game to start because nobody expects us to play well and nobody there will know enough to boo him.

Let the kid get a fun debut.

yep.   you, me, and warren.   Everyone else seems to be romanced by the underdog hope for glory.   It's frustrating to watch him do good on some plays then just give the ball away on the next. 

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 18, 2009, 04:40:44 PM

Freeman will be in after the bye unless Johson pulls off the impossible next week.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 18, 2009, 04:41:03 PM

cueing Incognito, 1,2,3

you are a fanboy....you made a Josh Johnson is the future sig after his second game. � �Freeman can't be worse then JJ. � Anybody can lose us games and drop the ball with every bit of contact and throw picks. � Josh Johnson is a 5th round pick and while he may have earned a chance to start some games he hasn't earned the right to continue starting. � Not when you have a first round pick on the bench who almost got put in the week before. �

Freeman can't be any worse?? I don't agree. Its quite easy for a QB to play worse than JJ did today. I'm not a JJ fanboy. You're just a JJ hater.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Johnson isn't going to get it done « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools