Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Johnson isn't going to get it done « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#75 : October 18, 2009, 06:21:27 PM

I still say its too early to give up on him. Only his third start

Of course you don't have to give up on him but he shouldn't continue to start. � How long to you let him keep playing to see if he "has it" though? � At the cost of losing more games and delaying giving your first rounder the experience he needs? � If we were winning games or JJ was keeping us in games by him not making so many mistakes with turnovers then I'd say keep starting him but right now he's just taking away chances for our first round pick to learn. � I could start next week and throw a pick and put the ball on the grass 5 times. � So if I can do that good then Josh Freeman can do AT LEAST that good. �
Another week or two for JJ. Freeman will be put in a bad situation if he is to start this year. No running game and always trailing by 2-3 possessions every game? You want that for your franchise GUY? I don't.

You don't want Freeman to play because he will be in a bad situation?   What?!  He'll be in a bad situation next year too lol.   You think this team will turn into contenders just like that?   I got a plan....let's just coddle him until we are stacked with pro bowlers on both sides of the ball and never find out what he's capable of.   By then he should still have 2-3 years left on his career.     We weren't trailing at the start of the game this week....never did trail by much....tied it up.   Horrible defense and a QB who dropped the ball more then Michael Clayton is what kept us out of the win column.    I see no point in letting Freeman sit on the bench any longer.   We are winless and JJ has turned the ball over more then I care to remember.   We should give our first round pick his shot sooner then later.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#76 : October 18, 2009, 06:28:50 PM

So at what point would you have bench Aikman in his first year?

Aikman and Johnson are apples and oranges -- Aikman was the #1 overall pick and played major, D1 football in college. Josh Johnson is a 2nd year, 5th round draft pick who played D-2 ball.

You tell me which one deserves the longer rope.
I agree he deserves the longer rope. My point was no one could judge Aikman based on his first 6 losses, it was too early. We could judge Leftwich b/c of his body of work. JJ was a 4th stringer for 2 yrs, with few reps and has played admirable considering his circumstances. My only point is that he hasn't been given a fair shake and probably won't because Freemans our future.
PLEASE don't tell me you're comparing Johnson to Aikman! If you want to compare him to a Cowboys QB, Quincy Carter will be a GREAT comparison.
Johnson will NEVER make it to a pro bowl let alone win a super bowl.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Johnson isn't going to get it done « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools