Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Standings « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#165 : November 30, 2009, 02:33:03 PM

I think Nebraska will give Texas a game.

If Nebraska wins, that'd throw a huge wrench in the works. Or would Texas and TCU just swap bowls?

Depending on Cincy's game and the closeness of FLA/ALA, I think TCU would be in the championship game.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#166 : November 30, 2009, 04:26:43 PM

I think Cincy's chances of passing TCU were drastically hurt when Pitt lost to WVU...that game doesn't look nearly as meaningful now. Then again, if OSU can beat Oregon that will help them out quite a bit.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#167 : November 30, 2009, 04:53:24 PM

I think Nebraska will give Texas a game.

If Nebraska wins, that'd throw a huge wrench in the works. Or would Texas and TCU just swap bowls?

Wouldn't Nebraska go to a BCS bowl if that happens?

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#168 : November 30, 2009, 05:17:36 PM

If Nebraska wins, it'd throw a big wrench into things but let me see if I can figure how it'd play out.  Let's just arbitrarily say Florida, Georgia Tech, Oregon and Cincy wins, for arguments sake.

BCS would be Florida and I think TCU.
Rose would be Ohio State and Oregon
Orange would be Georgia Tech and Texas
Fiesta would be Nebraska and either Boise State or Iowa/Penn State
Sugar would be Alabama and Cincy

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#169 : November 30, 2009, 05:21:46 PM

BSU would be in so Penn State would be the odd man out

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#170 : November 30, 2009, 05:23:23 PM

BSU wouldn't be automatically in.  Fiesta would get the choice.  They probably would pick Boise to avoid the backlash, but they aren't required, and they'd be tempted by an old school Nebraska/Penn State matchup.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#171 : November 30, 2009, 08:00:28 PM

Fiesta would choose to sell tix this game so I think they go for a PSU type following as opposed to BSU.  There will be backlash regardless of the picks.  That's the lunacy of it all.  After the Championship game - all else follows the money trail - damn the best potential match ups.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#172 : November 30, 2009, 08:32:14 PM

BSU wouldn't be automatically in.  Fiesta would get the choice.  They probably would pick Boise to avoid the backlash, but they aren't required, and they'd be tempted by an old school Nebraska/Penn State matchup.

they probably take Penn State because they draw better ratings.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#173 : November 30, 2009, 09:36:24 PM

New info makes it seem like the Fiesta Bowl is leaning towards Iowa over Penn State.  Iowa beat Penn State this year and also have a pretty well-traveling fan base.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#174 : November 30, 2009, 09:41:54 PM

The Big 10 sucks and that would be a snore-fest.  I'd rather see BSU in a bowl than any Big 10 team.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#175 : November 30, 2009, 09:43:51 PM

New info makes it seem like the Fiesta Bowl is leaning towards Iowa over Penn State. Iowa beat Penn State this year and also have a pretty well-traveling fan base.

Plus the Iowa boosters sent the Fiesta Bowl selection committe a DVD copy of Children of the Corn

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#176 : November 30, 2009, 09:56:01 PM

New info makes it seem like the Fiesta Bowl is leaning towards Iowa over Penn State. Iowa beat Penn State this year and also have a pretty well-traveling fan base.

Iowa wont have there QB and will get slaughtered by whoever. I want BSU to play one of these Big ten teams and kill them

#177 : January 01, 2010, 08:19:03 PM

LSU, USC, OH. St. have no business being ranked where they are.

Don't worry about Ohio State.  We are looking to beat Iowa and go to the Rose Bowl.

I'm hoping Ohio State does go to the Rose Bowl again.  I'll enjoy watching them get blasted in another big bowl game by Oregon.

Im hoping its Oregon. But if not OSU or Stanford would beat them as well.
O rly?
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Standings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools