Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Standings « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#60 : October 26, 2009, 05:20:53 PM

Barkley is USC's best player on offense?  Not right now.  McKnight, Williams, and even Bradford or McCoy are probably better than Barkley at this point in his career.

I dont know about that. Barkley makes the defense at least honest. With Corp you just stack the box.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 26, 2009, 05:25:19 PM

When did I say Corp was better than Barkley?  I said the difference was negligible.  I think both guy's probably graded out evenly in practice with Barkley making a push towards the end, and Carrol went with Barkley because he knew Barkley would be the better QB - which is obviously the right decision.

Barkley wasn't head and shoulders better than Corp.  If he was, the decision on the starter would have been made long before it was.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#62 : October 26, 2009, 05:58:36 PM

FTR, I think Barkley has a chance to be better than Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, and even Carson Palmer.  He looks to be very, very good.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#63 : October 26, 2009, 06:05:58 PM

Better than Leinert for sure. Sanchez was similar to Barkley in that he was a well coached QB at Mater Dei (same HS as Barkley) but he didn't show the same maturity Barkley has this soon, you're probably right. USC fans can only hope he reaches Palmer's level, that would be awesome...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#64 : October 26, 2009, 06:08:38 PM

Barkley has the big-time arm strength Sanchez (and Leinart) lacked, doesn't he?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#65 : October 26, 2009, 06:21:22 PM

Yea, best arm since Palmer actually. But not as accurate yet. I'm sure that will come as he develops his timing. What he hasn't had a chance to show yet is how the season will wear on him. That's gonna happen to an extent..

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#66 : October 26, 2009, 06:28:18 PM

USC would have been nasty this year had they still had Sanchez, but I guess a lot of teams could say that with some players leaving early

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#67 : October 26, 2009, 06:42:22 PM

There's a reason Carroll was upset when Sanchez declared. With all the returning starters on offense, they would've been pretty strong.

And I think that he was very concerned about losing so much on the defensive side of the ball. He needed the offense to be stable. Everything seems to be working out OK, but this weekend will show if it's enough...

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#68 : October 26, 2009, 06:55:29 PM

There's a reason Carroll was upset when Sanchez declared. With all the returning starters on offense, they would've been pretty strong.

And I think that he was very concerned about losing so much on the defensive side of the ball. He needed the offense to be stable. Everything seems to be working out OK, but this weekend will show if it's enough...

yeah Carroll was hot when he left

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#69 : October 26, 2009, 06:59:55 PM

There's a reason Carroll was upset when Sanchez declared.

That's the only thing I've heard Carroll do that I thought was classless.  He's a great guy, but he was in the wrong for saying what he said about Sanchez, IMO.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#70 : October 26, 2009, 07:03:13 PM

Yea, he took alot of heat for that from all the locals. To this day I still don't get why he just didn't say anything. Out of character for him, but that just leads me to believe that he really thought Sanchez would stay.

A lot of people around here did, to be honest. I know I did.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#71 : October 26, 2009, 07:12:10 PM

Sanchez made the right decision. Ask Tebow, or Bradford about staying.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#72 : November 02, 2009, 06:32:54 PM

There is no way you can honestly think you deserve to be ahead of Boise, can you?

sure he does ... he's a h-o-m-e-r

Colin Cowherd, Kirk Herbstreit, Jim Rome, Dan Patrick. Ivan mandel, Terry Bradshaw,all homers as well?

Eyes dont lie.

If any of those guys said that Oregon SHOULD be ranked ahead of a undefeated Boise State, then they are A.  drumming up callers or B.  retards

I also heard several Van Pelt and Eric Casillas (I don't think that is even close to proper spelling lol) say that no way a 1 loss Oregon team should be ranked ahead of BSU.   Guess their eyes lie.

USC was ranked ahead of them... Oregon crushed them.

Dont worry, you wont see Boise in a BCS Bowl. Oregon tried helping them.

I personally dont care but like Stewart Mandel said 10 mins ago on the radio... people are split on voting Oregon ahead of Boise. Some value teams where they are now, some value head to heads. He said if Oregon wins out those head to head people will switch to Oregon. Like Ive said for weeks Oregon will be ahead of BSU at the end of the year if they win, people called me nuts, and each week it looks more likely.

Oregon ahead of Boise means nothing
Boise ahead of Oregon means nothing.

Boise will go to a BCS bowl based soley on TCU.
Oregon will go to the Rose Bowl winning the conference.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#73 : October 31, 2009, 01:54:15 PM

The computers having Iowa number one shows that the computers are FOS.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#74 : October 31, 2009, 05:25:18 PM

The computers having Iowa number one shows that the computers are FOS.

meh, they are undefeated and beat #20 Az and #12 PSU at Happy Valley. Right now they are getting a SOS boost because they haven't played BigX+I weak sisters Indiana and NWstern yet. They'll drop in the computers before the @OSU game.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Standings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools