Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Standings « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 25, 2009, 09:36:22 PM

And tell me again why Cincinnati dropped below USC?

I'm so flippin sick of the BCS. 

Pointless.

USC would deserve it if they win at Oregon, and Cincy will be ahead of them if Oregon beats them. Nothing to worry about

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 25, 2009, 09:38:27 PM

Update:

1.  Florida
2.  Alabama
3.  Texas
4.  Iowa
5.  USC
6.  TCU
7.  Boise State
8.  Cincinnati
9.  LSU
10.  Oregon

No complaints. TCU I would have 4th. Oregon I would have 9th, Cincy 7th but thats all fickle stuff.

Boise better hope TCU loses to Utah because if they dont Boise is in the Pondseta Bowl again.

I hope Boise does go there again.  So far they deserve it. 

they played whos on there schedule. And played so far pretty well. I think they deserve it cause they dont try hard enough to play quality non conference teams like TCU

If you were a HC on a BCS qualifying team, would you want to play Boise?

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 25, 2009, 09:39:59 PM

Pointless.

USC would deserve it if they win at Oregon, and Cincy will be ahead of them if Oregon beats them. Nothing to worry about

That doesn't make the statement pointless.  I know you're Mr. Everything Pac-10 but if you take a step back and look at things subjectively, you'll see that a 1-loss USC team shouldn't really have jumped that high. 

Even if they beat Oregon, they still have a loss to an unranked team.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 25, 2009, 09:52:46 PM

A losing (Washington is 3-5) unranked team, nonetheless.

Honestly, LSU (lost to undefeated Florida) and Oregon (lost to undefeated BSU) should be above USC if you look at by their one loss.

BTW, both Oregon and LSU beat Washington.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 25, 2009, 10:02:20 PM

Lost w/o Barkley and Mays. Thats probably why it doesn't outweigh road wins at Ohio St, ND and Cal, all ranked at the time.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 25, 2009, 10:35:22 PM

Honestly, LSU (lost to undefeated Florida) and Oregon (lost to undefeated BSU) should be above USC if you look at by their one loss.

That's the point Biggs!!  It's simply a matter of "CHOOSING" who gets into the championship year in and out.  What a mockery of the game.  If other divisions in college football can have a playoff, so can the top division; it's simply a matter of money.....

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 26, 2009, 12:31:21 AM

Update:

1.  Florida
2.  Alabama
3.  Texas
4.  Iowa
5.  USC
6.  TCU
7.  Boise State
8.  Cincinnati
9.  LSU
10.  Oregon

No complaints. TCU I would have 4th. Oregon I would have 9th, Cincy 7th but thats all fickle stuff.

Boise better hope TCU loses to Utah because if they dont Boise is in the Pondseta Bowl again.

I hope Boise does go there again.  So far they deserve it. 

they played whos on there schedule. And played so far pretty well. I think they deserve it cause they dont try hard enough to play quality non conference teams like TCU

If you were a HC on a BCS qualifying team, would you want to play Boise?

nope but you should be able to schedule the Washingtons, Stanfords of the worlds. They got VT coming up so I give them some props. Its a lose lose

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 26, 2009, 12:34:26 AM

Pointless.

That doesn't make the statement pointless.  I know you're Mr. Everything Pac-10 but if you take a step back and look at things subjectively, you'll see that a 1-loss USC team shouldn't really have jumped that high. 

Even if they beat Oregon, they still have a loss to an unranked team.

Again so far the system hasnt screwed up. The top 3 teams are top 3. USC/Oregon one will drop out and one will be in it.

USC lost to UW without Barkley or Mays. And with Sark and Holt coaching at UW. Sorta like Florida faced this weekend minus there 2 best players. Yes they lost, but again its not as bad as it appears.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 26, 2009, 12:37:18 AM

and Oregon should be above LSU for throttling UW. But again this is all pointless. Gary Crowton will make LSU lose again. Oregon gets USC this week to jump ahead or jump out.

People are worrying way too much. Cincy will be in a BCS bowl if they win the Big East. TCU will be in a bcs bowl if they win out. Boise State will not be in a BCS bowl for not scheduling better non conference games. I dont see why people are crying this early, again the system isnt great but it hasnt made any mistakes yet this year worth crying about.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 26, 2009, 12:38:08 AM

Lost w/o Barkley and Mays. Thats probably why it doesn't outweigh road wins at Ohio St, ND and Cal, all ranked at the time.

Cal is backed ranked. I believe the AP.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 26, 2009, 01:35:24 AM

Boise State 7th... Oregon 10th. Boise dropping every week like I predicted. IF thats IF Oregon beats USC, Id say its 50/50 Oregon is ahead of Boise in a week and if they win out they will be ahead of Boise... thats a lock.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 26, 2009, 06:10:30 AM

HOw do you believe the top 3 are the top 3?  Because the media & coaches has picked them!  Why isn't Cincy rated in the top 5; they are undefeated in a big conference?  I'll agree with the rankings when I see a playoff.....otherwise it's just a matter of opinion.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 26, 2009, 09:40:59 AM

USC lost to UW without Barkley or Mays. And with Sark and Holt coaching at UW. Sorta like Florida faced this weekend minus there 2 best players. Yes they lost, but again its not as bad as it appears.

I don't know if you know this or not, but Florida played without 4 starters on defense this past weekend, including Brandon Spikes - who is their leader like Mays.

I think too much was made about Barkley missing that game.  He's a good player, but wasn't a difference maker yet, and hardly their best offensive weapon.  Here were his numbers in Game 1 and 2 of his true freshman year:

Game 1 vs. San Jose State:  15/19, 233 yards, 1 TD (Corp was 4/4, 45 yards, 1 TD in this same game)
Game 2 vs. Ohio State: 15/31, 195, 0 TD, and 1 Int

Let's not make his absence out to be equal to Tebow missing a game for Florida.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 26, 2009, 11:14:06 AM

Boise State 7th... Oregon 10th. Boise dropping every week like I predicted. IF thats IF Oregon beats USC, Id say its 50/50 Oregon is ahead of Boise in a week and if they win out they will be ahead of Boise... thats a lock.

Thank god none of this is decided on the field where you lost to BSU. Why do you take any joy out of watching a team that skunked your team fall because of computers?

Tells me that if a team that bad can beat The Ducks then maybe the Ducks, and the whole Pac10, blows.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

bcs_central

Practice Squad

#44 : October 26, 2009, 11:33:53 AM

strength of schedule, conference rankings, best wins, etc .. at http://bcscentral.info
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Standings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools