Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnson isn't bad.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

dr3z

Hall of Famer

: October 18, 2009, 05:39:35 PM

But he's not good either.

If this is a "transitional" year. Then why not put in the highly drafted Rookie? You had Johnson last year and still picked Freeman.
That tells me that management knew he was better than what they had.

And PLEASE don't give me the, he hasn't had any snaps in practice bit or he's not ready. 
You don't have to go as far as Miami to see what a Rookie is doing there being thrown to the fire.

Johnson is NOT the future of this team.

Did anyone even see his press conference. That's NOT a prowl bowl QB (even in the making), you can just tell. He's Quincy Carter at BEST.

Why give him valuable real game experience that we could be giving to the rookie.

If the season is a loss, at this point is a loss. Let's see what the Rookie can do (at LEAST to see what you got in the kid)

imamonsterbuc

Practice Squad

#1 : October 18, 2009, 05:45:16 PM

agreed. agreed. agreed.

johnson is a good kid but free need to play asap.

tired of no deep passes or him trying to scramble every 2 plays

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 18, 2009, 05:49:40 PM

Seriously, what do we got to lose at this point? I really thought I'd get Johnson fan's on here. Still waiting for a reason why not?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 18, 2009, 05:53:33 PM

hmmm, I think Johnson is bad.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 18, 2009, 05:54:01 PM

I Still don't see a valid reason for not giving him a chance. We all except that the season is now lost, and that the future is Freeman. Fine, but what happens if Freeman is injured in preseason/first game of the year next year? Do you want to send in a QB with little to no experience to shore things up? I wouldn't think so, so my opinion is if JJ is going to be the backup to JF then give him the experience necessary now in case it all goes to rat poo at the begining of next year.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 18, 2009, 05:57:40 PM

I Still don't see a valid reason for not giving him a chance. We all except that the season is now lost, and that the future is Freeman. Fine, but what happens if Freeman is injured in preseason/first game of the year next year? Do you want to send in a QB with little to no experience to shore things up? I wouldn't think so, so my opinion is if JJ is going to be the backup to JF then give him the experience necessary now in case it all goes to rat poo at the begining of next year.
The injuries are true of any player at any position. Brady came in when Bledsoe got hurt. And he didn't have the experience necessary just in case.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 18, 2009, 05:59:13 PM

I still say to wait until after the bye week.  It probably doesn't *really* make much of a difference, and it isn't as if the Green Bay game isn't likely to be pretty ugly as well, but that game against the Pats is likely going to be a pretty terrible one for a quarterback to have his first game in.  At least with GB he'd have the bye to prepare.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#7 : October 18, 2009, 05:59:53 PM

Might as well let him play, the team is 0-6. He could benefit from getting exposed to some games this year, and then come out next year and work all off season as the starter. I like it lets do it. However I would still use JJ in a WC roll.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 18, 2009, 06:00:57 PM

Very true and Cassel did the same for Brady last year, however, this is the Bucs we are talking about. Both Brady and Cassel had good teams to take over. Currently this Bucs team would most likely get beaten by a para-olympic volleyball team. I'd still rather have JJ get some experience on a bad team so that if Freeman goes down he doesn't get flustered as he's done it all before.. or would you rather see Leftwich step in again?

Bucfanut

Starter

#9 : October 18, 2009, 06:02:34 PM

Johnson is doing pretty much what you expect out of a 5th round pick from a D2 school in his 2nd yr..he makes some plays but isn't quite there as far as reading a D, and may never get there. The pick was a bad decision thinking he could squeeze it in. What i will say is on a lot of the plays where he scrambled for yardage, a less mobile QB is sacked easily..so at this point, let the kid play. Maybe even start rotating in him and Freeman, what the heck.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 18, 2009, 06:05:25 PM

Johnson is doing pretty much what you expect out of a 5th round pick from a D2 school in his 2nd yr..he makes some plays but isn't quite there as far as reading a D, and may never get there. The pick was a bad decision thinking he could squeeze it in. What i will say is on a lot of the plays where he scrambled for yardage, a less mobile QB is sacked easily..so at this point, let the kid play. Maybe even start rotating in him and Freeman, what the heck.

which is why we should start our first round QB. He must be expected to do better if we are basing expectations on draft status.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 18, 2009, 06:07:24 PM

Ok Warren, but what happens if Freeman sucks even harder than Johnson? where do we go then? I personally see him being a lot worse than JJ, and I think a lot of other folks have the same thoughts that I do.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 18, 2009, 06:09:26 PM

Ok Warren, but what happens if Freeman sucks even harder than Johnson? where do we go then? I personally see him being a lot worse than JJ, and I think a lot of other folks have the same thoughts that I do.
That's my point. At least we know what we have going into the draft and free agent time.

JC510

Practice Squad

#13 : October 18, 2009, 06:10:24 PM

You can do damage to his development by playing him too early. Things will be happening too fast, defenses too complex, then his ability to process information gets scrambled.

It would be like putting a 6th grader in a calculus class and just expecting him to learn by experience.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 18, 2009, 06:11:14 PM

You can do damage to his development by playing him too early. Things will be happening too fast, defenses too complex, then his ability to process information gets scrambled.

It would be like putting a 6th grader in a calculus class and just expecting him to learn by experience.

Nope, you can't break him if he's mentally strong enough to be an NFL QB so maybe playing him tells you that at least.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnson isn't bad.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools