Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnson isn't bad.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 18, 2009, 06:13:32 PM

You can do damage to his development by playing him too early. Things will be happening too fast, defenses too complex, then his ability to process information gets scrambled.

It would be like putting a 6th grader in a calculus class and just expecting him to learn by experience.
Tell that to the Jets, Lions, Dolphins, Falcons (last year) and the Ravens (last year)....

imamonsterbuc

Practice Squad

#16 : October 18, 2009, 06:13:54 PM

let him play this weak so he will have a bye week to correct his mistakes

JC510

Practice Squad

#17 : October 18, 2009, 06:13:58 PM

You can do damage to his development by playing him too early. Things will be happening too fast, defenses too complex, then his ability to process information gets scrambled.

It would be like putting a 6th grader in a calculus class and just expecting him to learn by experience.

Nope, you can't break him if he's mentally strong enough to be an NFL QB so maybe playing him tells you that at least.

Has nothing to do with being mentally tough or not. Don't even think you read what I said. His decision making process will get wrecked. He's not even close to being ready, he was awful in the pre-season, constantly throwing into coverage.

JC510

Practice Squad

#18 : October 18, 2009, 06:14:56 PM

Tell that to the Jets, Lions, Dolphins, Falcons (last year) and the Ravens (last year)....

Matt Ryan and Flacco were ready. Freeman is not.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 18, 2009, 06:16:27 PM

ha! How do you know that? So Henne is ready too....

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 18, 2009, 06:16:49 PM

Has nothing to do with being mentally tough or not. Don't even think you read what I said. His decision making process will get wrecked. He's not even close to being ready, he was awful in the pre-season, constantly throwing into coverage.

What do you mean wrecked? Does he have a decision making sensor that will get broken? Maybe you are just saying he's not very good but you can't wreck his decision making in any career threatening long-term development way.

Plus, it ain't like decision making is a QB strong point right now.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

JC510

Practice Squad

#21 : October 18, 2009, 06:17:44 PM

Because I'm smarter than you.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 18, 2009, 06:19:45 PM

Because I'm smarter than you.
Based on your comments in this thread, that's laughable

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 18, 2009, 06:47:59 PM

Johnson will get better and better no doubt, but the bottom line is that he'll probably make a very good solid backup for us or another NFL team in the near future.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 18, 2009, 06:52:51 PM

Johnson isn't bad for a new QB in his 3rd game ever.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#25 : October 18, 2009, 06:59:17 PM

Nope, you can't break him if he's mentally strong enough to be an NFL QB so maybe playing him tells you that at least.

Disagree.... the way you wreck a QB is to put him in a situation where you can't protect him, ala Carr.... I think our OL is fine in pass protection. Seeing those defenses live will not hurt him, he will make mistakes but if he is an NFL quality QB he will come back better prepared for those same situations.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 18, 2009, 07:01:09 PM

Disagree.... the way you wreck a QB is to put him in a situation where you can't protect him, ala Carr.... I think our OL is fine in pass protection. Seeing those defenses live will not hurt him, he will make mistakes but if he is an NFL quality QB he will come back better prepared for those same situations.
Soooooooooooooo we're wrecking Johnson?????

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#27 : October 18, 2009, 07:05:13 PM

How do you figure? Johnson has had protection, most of his sacks are because he runs and gets caught behind the line. and even then, Carr got sacked SOOOO much more in the same amount of games.

I wouldn't even call a lot of Johnsons sacks, sacks I would call them tackles for loss as he tried to run...

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 18, 2009, 07:13:03 PM

Ok Warren, but what happens if Freeman sucks even harder than Johnson? where do we go then? I personally see him being a lot worse than JJ, and I think a lot of other folks have the same thoughts that I do.

He won't. He fits the NFL QB position much better than Johnson. Freeman can throw and wont have passes batted down at the line of scrimmage. I am not saying that he will be great, but he played D1 and Johnson played D2 for a reason.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 18, 2009, 07:13:57 PM

Personally, IMO neither one will be any good in the end. I think that Freeman will be a "more average" player, if that is possible.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnson isn't bad.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools