Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your DE Preference for the 2011 Draft? « previous next »
Page: 1

aquilus

Pro Bowler

: May 06, 2010, 03:09:40 PM

I think Bowers is going to be a stud DE

#1 : May 06, 2010, 02:04:14 PM

Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

Robert Quinn, North Carolina

Cameron Heyward, Ohio State

Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

Greg Romeus, Pitt

Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma

Marcell Dareus, Alabama

Christian Ballard, Iowa

Sam Acho, Texas

Cliff Matthews, USC

Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue

Karl Klug, Iowa

I like Romeus personally...   I think it was a wise decision for him to go back for his senior season and continue developing.

You?

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#2 : May 06, 2010, 02:06:09 PM

Quinn and  then Romeus .

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

#3 : May 06, 2010, 02:07:00 PM

I struggled with that...  If we're picking Quinn, we're picking top 10...   Romeus is a mid 1st rounder.

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#4 : May 06, 2010, 02:20:10 PM

I struggled with that...  If we're picking Quinn, we're picking top 10...   Romeus is a mid 1st rounder.
You never know BM .  Quinn's stock could fall (doubt it [banghead]) and Romeus's could rocket with Wannstadts stamp it worked for Clausen with Weis right ?  :'(

I like Clayborn ALOT too great great motor . Hes like Graham with longer arms. Hope he comes out .....

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 06, 2010, 02:13:35 PM

Romeus in the first and a player like Grambling States Christian Anthony in the third for me. Quinn's medical back round with having a brain tumor removed is a bit scary if you're a team drafting in the top ten just because the risk involved with head trauma these days. 

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 06, 2010, 02:07:37 PM

I like Romeus a lot, he's got size and production.  It will be interesting to see where his speed grades out.
Quinn seems to have a great fit as the type of edge rusher that works well in the T-2, but he might be off the board too early for us.

lowlife

Starter
#7 : May 06, 2010, 04:02:53 PM

Obviously I think highly of Clayborn (Iowa ftw).
He'd make a monster LE, but not quite the player for this scheme.
Would pan out as a 3 tech (I think we just got one of those) like Darnell Docket was.

Quinn will go Top 5... Hope we aren't in a position to pick him.
Romeus, Acho, or Bowers would be a great pick.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 06, 2010, 09:23:36 PM

Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

Greg Romeus, Pitt

Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma

Marcell Dareus, Alabama

Christian Ballard, Iowa

Sam Acho, Texas

Cliff Matthews, USC

Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue

Karl Klug, Iowa

I like Romeus personally... I think it was a wise decision for him to go back for his senior season and continue developing.

You?

wow, Iowa has that many NFL DE prospects?

lowlife

Starter
#9 : May 06, 2010, 09:28:06 PM

Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

Greg Romeus, Pitt

Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma

Marcell Dareus, Alabama

Christian Ballard, Iowa

Sam Acho, Texas

Cliff Matthews, USC

Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue

Karl Klug, Iowa

I like Romeus personally... I think it was a wise decision for him to go back for his senior season and continue developing.

You?

wow, Iowa has that many NFL DE prospects?

Ballard and Klug are smaller DT's that will probably play 5T.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your DE Preference for the 2011 Draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools