Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible Trade Rumors - Who's Next? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 19, 2009, 08:52:01 AM

Going to be an interesting 15 hours.

Indeed it will be because after that performance I would be shocked if nothing happens.

#16 : October 19, 2009, 08:58:32 AM

I think Bryant is likely to be traded.  (Clayton, too, if possible).  What teams need WR help?  The Ravens?  Beyond that, I think there is a chance Ruud gets traded.  Seahawks?  Bears? 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 19, 2009, 08:59:39 AM

There are other players you can throw into the ring, but they have lesser trade value (eg Maurice Stovall).

bucs90

Second String
#18 : October 19, 2009, 09:06:37 AM

There are other players you can throw into the ring, but they have lesser trade value (eg Maurice Stovall).

Throw in Hovan/Sims.

LOL who am I kidding?

or

I haven't watched a game this year.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 19, 2009, 09:07:05 AM

with the countless positions in need on this team, it stands out to me that we have some serious depth at the RB position. As much as I liked the Ward signing this off-season, the return of Caddy makes the move pointless.

I think we need to unload 1 of either Caddy, Ward, or Graham.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#20 : October 19, 2009, 09:15:09 AM

For the love of every thing holy... please trade Raheem.

fourd5dswb

Second String

#21 : October 19, 2009, 09:19:03 AM

For the love of every thing holy... please trade Raheem.

I don't know if we would get any value for him from a pop warner club :-)

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 19, 2009, 09:35:56 AM

He's not going to re-sign with us because:
1. We're "rebuilding", if a contender offers him a deal he'll take it
2. Our QB situation is a mess, not what you want when you're talking about signing a WR

OK, so basically you THINK we'll lose him not that he's actually a goner. If we pony up the cash he'll be here.

LOL... you are really dreaming if you believe that!

Bryant WILL NOT be here next year, bank on it.  There will be a team like Dallas, Chicago, Seattle, Baltimore, or San Diego who are better than the Bucs will at least offer a reasonable contract and Bryant will take that deal even if the Bucs offer is double.  The only way he plays here next year is if he gets franchised.  Mind you, that if he does get franchised, I don't necessarily think he'll stay anyway.  There is a chance a team will offer a pick for him and the Bucs would most likely remove the tag and trade him.  (NFL's version of the sign and trade).

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 19, 2009, 09:41:34 AM

Frankly, we should blow the ENTIRE thing up and start totally new.

The best option would be for the team to be purchased by real owners that will keep the team in Tampa, and have them bring in REAL football people to run it.

Right now, this thing sucks pond water from the top down.

Personally I think it's being blown up in front of your very eyes.  The part I don't get is the Bucs banking on a lockout by not doing some deals.  First and foremost a lockout will piss off the fans.  Sure most of us would come back but a lot won't.  Secondly in this economy neither side should come off as greedy.  So with both of those ideals brewing you'd think labor peace is in the best interest.  I think that Twiddle dee and dumber know something and are playing that hand accordingly, possibly knowing that they will have the Penn's and Ruud's for an extra year on the cheap...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 19, 2009, 09:43:19 AM

The best option would be for the team to be purchased by real owners that will keep the team in Tampa, and have them bring in REAL football people to run it.

Personally I think it's being blown up in front of your very eyes.  The part I don't get is the Bucs banking on a lockout by not doing some deals.  First and foremost a lockout will piss off the fans.  Sure most of us would come back but a lot won't.  Secondly in this economy neither side should come off as greedy.  So with both of those ideals brewing you'd think labor peace is in the best interest.  I think that Twiddle dee and dumber know something and are playing that hand accordingly, possibly knowing that they will have the Penn's and Ruud's for an extra year on the cheap...

They are shrewd business men so why should they commit mega signing bonuses given an uncapped year seems very likely?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 19, 2009, 09:45:20 AM

Personally I think it's being blown up in front of your very eyes. �The part I don't get is the Bucs banking on a lockout by not doing some deals. �First and foremost a lockout will piss off the fans. �Sure most of us would come back but a lot won't. �Secondly in this economy neither side should come off as greedy. �So with both of those ideals brewing you'd think labor peace is in the best interest. �I think that Twiddle dee and dumber know something and are playing that hand accordingly, possibly knowing that they will have the Penn's and Ruud's for an extra year on the cheap...

They are shrewd business men so why should they commit mega signing bonuses given an uncapped year seems very likely?

Likely, but not settled.  My thing is if, and it's a big if, this thing gets resolved then what?  And big Daddy Malc was shrewd, this guys are amateurs...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 19, 2009, 09:47:31 AM

My take on players mentioned in original post.

Antonio Bryant
 Â    Possible destinations - Dallas, San Diego, Baltimore
 Â    Possible compensation - 2nd round pick in 2010 (a 4th in '11 is a possible add-on)

Michael Clayton
 Â    Possible destinations - USF
 Â    Possible compensation - We may have to donate $4 mil to USF general scholarship fund

Cadillac Williams
 Â    Possible destinations - Chicago, Detroit, San Fran, New England, Pittsburgh
 Â    Possible compensation - 3rd round pick 2010 a 4th is most likely.

Barrett Ruud
 Â    Possible destinations - I think a lot of teams would be interested, just the cost will dictate real interested parties.
 Â    Possible compensation - 1st and 4th... no less.

Ronde Barber
 Â    Possible destinations - Another guy who I think there will be a lot of interested teams.
 Â    Possible compensation - 3rd or 4th round pick

*Note - EVERY/ANY player traded should come with CONDITIONAL picks.

Personally, I don't think there is really any player on this team that is untouchable, I'd pretty much trade them all.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 19, 2009, 09:48:32 AM

Personally I think it's being blown up in front of your very eyes. �The part I don't get is the Bucs banking on a lockout by not doing some deals. �First and foremost a lockout will piss off the fans. �Sure most of us would come back but a lot won't. �Secondly in this economy neither side should come off as greedy. �So with both of those ideals brewing you'd think labor peace is in the best interest. �I think that Twiddle dee and dumber know something and are playing that hand accordingly, possibly knowing that they will have the Penn's and Ruud's for an extra year on the cheap...

Likely, but not settled.� My thing is if, and it's a big if, this thing gets resolved then what?  And big Daddy Malc was shrewd, this guys are amateurs...

Bucs still have a franchise tag, and cap space if there is a cap.

Uncapped year means that cap space means nothing so either way they are in position to do something at the very least.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 19, 2009, 09:49:17 AM

The upcoming draft is a fairly deep one.  This coming draft should be like KC's from a few years ago where we should enter it with about 10-12 picks and leave it with 12-15.

#29 : October 19, 2009, 09:55:03 AM

Will the Saints take Clayton and Raheem Morris off our hands if we also give them our 1st rounder in 2010?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible Trade Rumors - Who's Next? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools