Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible Trade Rumors - Who's Next? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 19, 2009, 09:56:14 AM

Will the Saints take Clayton and Raheem Morris off our hands if we also give them our 1st rounder in 2010?

Probably... though, they'd probably release both Morris and Clayton 1 second after the trade.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 19, 2009, 10:03:10 AM

Here is a list of players that other sites and local radio are talking about that the Bucs may end up trading.

Antonio Bryant
Michael Clayton
Cadillac Williams
Barrett Ruud
Ronde Barber

We will very possibly see these guys gone by the trade deadline. And the only people we can thank are the Glazers. Way to go jackasses!

Bryant and Clayton are the only two that make sense.  Caddy and Ruud are young and talented and the types of players you build around.  Clayton's contract is woeful and he's worn out his welcome with the fanbase.  Bryant is a patchwork solution at best anway.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 19, 2009, 10:06:52 AM

Frankly, we should blow the ENTIRE thing up and start totally new.

The best option would be for the team to be purchased by real owners that will keep the team in Tampa, and have them bring in REAL football people to run it.

Right now, this thing sucks pond water from the top down.

Personally I think it's being blown up in front of your very eyes. �The part I don't get is the Bucs banking on a lockout by not doing some deals. �First and foremost a lockout will piss off the fans. �Sure most of us would come back but a lot won't. �Secondly in this economy neither side should come off as greedy. �So with both of those ideals brewing you'd think labor peace is in the best interest. �I think that Twiddle dee and dumber know something and are playing that hand accordingly, possibly knowing that they will have the Penn's and Ruud's for an extra year on the cheap...

They are shrewd business men so why should they commit mega signing bonuses given an uncapped year seems very likely?

Likely, but not settled.� My thing is if, and it's a big if, this thing gets resolved then what?  And big Daddy Malc was shrewd, this guys are amateurs...

Bucs still have a franchise tag, and cap space if there is a cap.

Uncapped year means that cap space means nothing so either way they are in position to do something at the very least.
In your uncapped scenario I don't believe they will spend like Jerry or whomever to make this team a winner...I think they will save their money until an agreement is met and go from there...Still leaving us with growing pains through mediocre talent...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 19, 2009, 10:09:45 AM

Barrett Ruud
     Possible destinations - I think a lot of teams would be interested, just the cost will dictate real interested parties.
     Possible compensation - 1st and 4th... no less.

Why would anyone give a 1st round pick for Barrett Ruud?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 19, 2009, 10:10:52 AM

The best option would be for the team to be purchased by real owners that will keep the team in Tampa, and have them bring in REAL football people to run it.

Personally I think it's being blown up in front of your very eyes. �The part I don't get is the Bucs banking on a lockout by not doing some deals. �First and foremost a lockout will piss off the fans. �Sure most of us would come back but a lot won't. �Secondly in this economy neither side should come off as greedy. �So with both of those ideals brewing you'd think labor peace is in the best interest. �I think that Twiddle dee and dumber know something and are playing that hand accordingly, possibly knowing that they will have the Penn's and Ruud's for an extra year on the cheap...

They are shrewd business men so why should they commit mega signing bonuses given an uncapped year seems very likely?

Likely, but not settled.� My thing is if, and it's a big if, this thing gets resolved then what? �And big Daddy Malc was shrewd, this guys are amateurs...

Uncapped year means that cap space means nothing so either way they are in position to do something at the very least.
In your uncapped scenario I don't believe they will spend like Jerry or whomever to make this team a winner...I think they will save their money until an agreement is met and go from there...Still leaving us with growing pains through mediocre talent...

If an uncapped year is upon us I agree they will not spend and will go with a focus on drafted/undrafted free agents.  If they draft well it will not be that dire of a situation given the Bucs are lined up to have four picks in the top 70ish picks of the draft.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 19, 2009, 10:12:33 AM

Likely, but not settled.� My thing is if, and it's a big if, this thing gets resolved then what? �And big Daddy Malc was shrewd, this guys are amateurs...

If an uncapped year is upon us I agree they will not spend and will go with a focus on drafted/undrafted free agents.  If they draft well it will not be that dire of a situation given the Bucs are lined up to have four picks in the top 70ish picks of the draft.

You got faith in that?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 19, 2009, 10:13:41 AM

I am liking the 2009 draft class.  Do not be afraid to drink the Sammie kool aid. 8)

#37 : October 19, 2009, 10:17:17 AM

Barrett Ruud
 ï¿½ � Possible destinations - I think a lot of teams would be interested, just the cost will dictate real interested parties.
 ï¿½ � Possible compensation - 1st and 4th... no less.

I could see Indy or Seattle doing it...

although it's far fetched at best.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 19, 2009, 10:26:16 AM

A Cover 2 team might pony up a 1st if they think they're a few pieces away.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 19, 2009, 10:28:16 AM

There won't be anything worth signing if it's an uncapped year. This move to a 6-year free agency and the extra tag is going to be a huge limit on movement.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 19, 2009, 10:37:07 AM

Barrett Ruud
 ï¿½ � Possible destinations - I think a lot of teams would be interested, just the cost will dictate real interested parties.
 ï¿½ � Possible compensation - 1st and 4th... no less.

I could see Indy or Seattle doing it...

although it's far fetched at best.

It's more or less what I would be happy with.  Meaning, if the Bucs don't get that, they shouldn't trade him.  He's an excellent MLB and we got him in the top of the 2nd round.  To take a 2nd round pick for him is to get LESS than what we paid for him.  That being said, he's worth AT LEAST a late 1st.  Now, take into account that he's still very young and has a very reasonable contract, a 4th round pick would make for compensation on that end. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 19, 2009, 10:46:28 AM

There won't be anything worth signing if it's an uncapped year. This move to a 6-year free agency and the extra tag is going to be a huge limit on movement.

Which is why the Glazers realize building through the draft will increase in importance.  Even with a capped year it is still important to keep costs down long term by drafting well.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#42 : October 19, 2009, 10:48:45 AM

Barber to the Vikings after Winfield's injury.   Good idea???

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#43 : October 19, 2009, 11:13:24 AM

e-mack is trash. he had one or 2 ok games in the preseason, but overall he should go.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 19, 2009, 11:37:51 AM

Waiting for some news. The clock is winding down and nothing is happening.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible Trade Rumors - Who's Next? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools