Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible Trade Rumors - Who's Next? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

burger40

Hall of Famer

#75 : October 19, 2009, 08:29:21 PM

Pretty sure only teams that run a lot of zones and are looking to win NOW would take barber. i'm torn on if i would take the deal cuz he's been such an integral part of our D for years and i'd like to see him retire a Buc but if we get something for him I think i'd do it. I wouldn't get rid of Caddy, he has been a bright spot rushing and receiving and has done a good job in pass protection. Most teams won't offer us the kind of picks that he's worth to us because he's torn up both knees. if anybody should go it is Ward since he no longer looks to have any chance of getting the kind of role he wants in an offense. He left NY in hopes of becoming the #1 RB not a number two, if he wanted to be a #2 he would have stayed on a great team with a great ground game the Giants. This was supposed to be his chance to shine but he really hasn't had the opportunity.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

fourd5dswb

Second String

#76 : October 20, 2009, 08:12:14 AM

Clayton for a 8th

I think we could probably get a 4th or 5th for Clayton. Personally, I think the guy should put on 30 LBS and become a blocking TE. Blocking seems to be what he is good at because the guy can't catch a cold.

watson

Hall of Famer
#77 : October 20, 2009, 09:36:59 AM

There have been many names mentioned here, doesn't it strike anyone that if the players that are backing up the players that have been named to be traded were as good as the starters, they would be the starters?  And if you get draft choices you are talking 2 to 3 years for them to really be able to contribute.   Just exactly how many years are all of you willing to go thru this re-building/losing process? 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#78 : October 20, 2009, 10:48:31 AM

Clayton for a 8th

I think we could probably get a 4th or 5th for Clayton. Personally, I think the guy should put on 30 LBS and become a blocking TE. Blocking seems to be what he is good at because the guy can't catch a cold.

Michael Clayton = Anthony Becht

Draper

Starter

#79 : October 20, 2009, 10:50:39 AM

E-Mack is garbage.  Not only can he not cover, but he was getting absolutely OWNED by WR's on blocks yesterday.  I'd go on and cut his azz today.

It's funny. A lot of us knew this after year one. Others thought he was a serious candidate to start across from Talib.

Undrafted, undersized, slow and stupid don't cut it in the NFL.

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#80 : October 20, 2009, 11:03:57 AM

no Michael Clayton = Jaquez Green haha.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#81 : October 20, 2009, 11:18:44 AM

no Michael Clayton = Jaquez Green haha.

Jaquez Green couldn't block...

fourd5dswb

Second String

#82 : October 20, 2009, 11:59:35 AM

There have been many names mentioned here, doesn't it strike anyone that if the players that are backing up the players that have been named to be traded were as good as the starters, they would be the starters?  And if you get draft choices you are talking 2 to 3 years for them to really be able to contribute.   Just exactly how many years are all of you willing to go thru this re-building/losing process? 

With draft picks you have more bargaining power. At the draft they will be able to swing deals for people that fit our system. Not only via the draft but also on the trading block. This season is already done. We need to find out what some of our other guys can do. Me personally I would keep Caddy and Ruud because they are still young. But everyone else has value that we can use to get other players in here.

white dragon

Practice Squad

#83 : October 20, 2009, 12:05:28 PM

Trading Cadillac doesnt really make sense. Nor does trading Bryant or Ruud. Until the DT's do their job correctly I'm not sure you lay a hat on Ruud. Clayton no one will want unless they are looking for a blocking TE.

#84 : October 20, 2009, 12:10:32 PM

Pats have cut 4 guys in the last 24 hrs.

Some are saying their target is Merriman.

(I think we have 1 trade left in us... who knows...)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#85 : October 20, 2009, 12:11:54 PM

Trading Cadillac doesnt really make sense.

Why?

I would trade any RB on the roster for a good pick.  That's one of the easiest positions to replace, which is good reason why other teams aren't willing to give up high picks for RB's.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#86 : October 20, 2009, 12:41:22 PM

Bryant - magic 8 ball says ... Not going to happen. Franchise salary, 1 year contract, possibly hurt. Few teams could afford the cap space, fewer would be interested in his services for only 1 season. Just not in the cards.

Cadillac - magic 8 ball says ... fairly unlikely. Two knee surgeries has really effected his value and despite playing reasonably well in many of the games we probably wouldn't get more than a 5th rounder for him currently. He's worth more to us than we would get for him.

Ruud - magic 8 ball says ... ask again later. Heh, no. I really don't think the Bucs will trade Ruud. He's the type of guy you build a defense with. He has some market value, but probably not more than a 2 as he's never went to the Pro bowl. The Bucs won't trade him IMO.

Barber - magic 8 ball says ... humm, maybe. You wouldn't get a lot of value, perhaps a 5th maybe even a 4th but I don't think the Bucs would want the public backlash to go along with the winless season. Perhaps if Rhonde asked for a particular destination and the Bucs gave in to his request but I'm thinking Rhonde would have to be on board with the decision.

Clayton - magic 8 ball says ... haha, wait your serious? Let me check ... Really, who would take this guy with his current salary? If you want someone that can block, there are many unemployed TEs that can do as well. This guy should be cut.

There are probably others, perhaps Hovan or Wilkerson that could bring some minor value (6-7th in the case of Hovan, maybe a 5-6th for Wilkerson - its a contract year). Frankly, I don't see the Bucs doing much more at this point. Perhaps Ward, but my guess is no there as well. Ward provides insurance for Caddy.

Unless ...

They trade for someone that they could use next year, like Dorsey or a leader type like Merriman. I think we're finished.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

mennoman

Second String
#87 : October 20, 2009, 01:08:31 PM

If the organization was actually trying to do what it's going to take to win (a game or two this season, and hopefully more in the future), they should trade our given 2nd (which will be at the beginning of the round) for someone legitimate to play DL.  That way we know what we're getting with that pick.  Otherwise, history says chances are that we blow that 2nd round pick.  Maybe we could find a team that's looking to dump some salary that we obviously have room to absorb.  Oh, wait, we're that team trying to dump salary.

fourd5dswb

Second String

#88 : October 20, 2009, 01:55:53 PM

If the organization was actually trying to do what it's going to take to win (a game or two this season, and hopefully more in the future), they should trade our given 2nd (which will be at the beginning of the round) for someone legitimate to play DL.  That way we know what we're getting with that pick.  Otherwise, history says chances are that we blow that 2nd round pick.  Maybe we could find a team that's looking to dump some salary that we obviously have room to absorb.  Oh, wait, we're that team trying to dump salary.

This wouldn't be a bad idea. At least they would know what they are getting with one of our  #2 picks. I'm on board.

watson

Hall of Famer
#89 : October 20, 2009, 06:16:24 PM

With draft picks you have more bargaining power. At the draft they will be able to swing deals for people that fit our system. Not only via the draft but also on the trading block. This season is already done. We need to find out what some of our other guys can do. Me personally I would keep Caddy and Ruud because they are still young. But everyone else has value that we can use to get other players in here.
Again,
How many years of losing are you willing to endure? 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible Trade Rumors - Who's Next? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools