Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Local ESPN talk (Mark Benarzyk) reports that this will be Morris's only season « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 19, 2009, 05:59:51 PM

A year is just such a long time to wait for a good Bucs team...

lol you are such a clown.   Screw waiting a full season to rebuild a team huh.  

No, nimrod. Not to rebuild... but waiting to see any kind of competitiveness is unacceptable. Being beaten by the elite teams is one thing... but losing to the likes of Carolina and Washington is repugnant.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#16 : October 19, 2009, 06:02:11 PM

I doubt even Raheem believes he'll be the coach next year.  I think after this week he has just conceded that he wants this nightmare to end and just take a nice d-coordinator position.  He'll probably have to settle for DBs coach though.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 19, 2009, 06:04:20 PM

that guy is a clown

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : October 19, 2009, 06:04:35 PM

If I were to hear news that Rah was fired and a big name coach (like Shannahan, Cower or Mariucci) is the new HC for the Bucs, I would be elated.

Me, too.

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#19 : October 19, 2009, 06:08:49 PM

If I were to hear news that Rah was fired and a big name coach (like Shannahan, Cower or Mariucci) is the new HC for the Bucs, I would be elated.

Me, too.

So you think the Glazers will pay for three coaches next year, hire a new GM and give a big name coach the checkbook.

They wouldn't do it for Gruden/ Allen, nor Morris, Dominik.   So don't get your hopes up.   No experienced coach in their right mind would step into this situation with the financial handcuffs that would be placed on him.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 19, 2009, 06:17:19 PM

Don't think head coach salaries are that important to the Glazers. They can afford it. That's the nature of the business. Besides, Gruden will likely be hired as a HC next season in most people's estimates.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 19, 2009, 06:18:19 PM

Don't think head coach salaries are that important to the Glazers. They can afford it. That's the nature of the business. Besides, Gruden will likely be hired as a HC next season in most people's estimates.

I concur.

#22 : October 19, 2009, 06:19:42 PM

Not sure if I would be "Elated". I think when you mix up a front office, get rid of players & rebuild, change offensive and defensive philosophies, replace your OC within 10 days before the season opens and are in a division with the toughest schedule (the whole division) you are going to have problems.

I know, 0-6 sucks, but teams going through the same shakeups like KC 1-5, Rams 0-6, Browns 1-5, Lions 1-5, all teams with new coaches and some front office replacements. If you were a 13-3 playoff team with no major changes like the Titans, I'd panic. I want to see what Coach Morris can do through the season. If he has team playing together at the end of the season, showing some promise of things to come, you keep him. What you don't do, is fire a coach mid season and have to deal with all the confusion that accompanies that. I never had visions of the playoffs this season, but I do like the idea the younger QBs may get the work they need, and they can take chances with players that might never see action and fade off the roster in a few years. I'd rather see what we have, instead of folding fit up and crying about what could have been.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 19, 2009, 06:22:37 PM

A year is just such a long time to wait for a good Bucs team...

lol you are such a clown. � Screw waiting a full season to rebuild a team huh. �

No, nimrod. Not to rebuild... but waiting to see any kind of competitiveness is unacceptable. Being beaten by the elite teams is one thing... but losing to the likes of Carolina and Washington is repugnant.

oh noes not the nimrod insult.  I'm crushed.   You didn't say competitive.   You said a good Bucs team.   If you want to say competitive then say it.   Don't try to come back at me like you're a tough guy when you can't say what you mean.    What's repugnant is the defense and our starting QB.   If either one of those had been "competitive" yesterday you wouldn't have to include the Panthers in your bad loss category.    I see you've jumped ship on your JJ the future sig lol.   Smartest thing you've done in your life I'm sure.  

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 19, 2009, 06:22:43 PM

Me, too.

So you think the Glazers will pay for three coaches next year, hire a new GM and give a big name coach the checkbook.

You guys keep bringing this up...

Gruden is likely heading to either Dallas or Washington next year.
Zorn looks more and more dead by the week. If Snyder hires Gruden, the Glazers no longer pay Gruden's salary. They are free and clear.

They dont have to fire Dominik. They can keep him and let him pick the new coach. And it doesnt have to be a Cowher or Holmgren. Leslie Frazier will likely be a leading candidate (Assistant head coach and DC for the Vikings). And then the new coach would bring in a new offensive coordinator.

Remember the Glazers fired Dungy and kept McKay. It doesnt have to be all or nothing. They WILL make chances this offseason...count on it.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 19, 2009, 06:23:38 PM

Swizzle- your last post sounds sensible. Good way of looking at the current state  and future outlook of the Bucs.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 19, 2009, 06:23:55 PM

Raheem  was at  the USF game and at U2.  He didn't say he was at  a local bar...he was at the Hooters suite for the USF game and the Glazer's box for U2. Neither of which is a good thing.

** shakes head in amazement **

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 19, 2009, 06:26:49 PM

Raheem  was at  the USF game and at U2.  He didn't say he was at  a local bar...he was at the Hooters suite for the USF game and the Glazer's box for U2. Neither of which is a good thing.

** shakes head in amazement **

I put the memo on your desk....head coaches are no longer allowed to have a social life...even if it involves football.   Guess this rule was changed prior to Gruden hitting up the bon jovi concert lol. 

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 19, 2009, 06:27:11 PM

I don't think Raheem should be fired.   This is not his fault.

He should be offered the Defensive Coordinator's job and if he was smart, before the end of the season, he should find a head coach he could work with
who would be good for the team, and arrange with the Glazers that he'd  become  the DC and here's............someone...........I could really work with who would be
a good head coach.  Let Olsen become OC and QB coach.  Neither of these guys should be fired. Or let new head coach pick his own OC unless he calls his own plays.

Then the ship would be righted at the start.  If Raheem wants to continue with zone or whatever the head coach would call that.

However, the above scenario takes a lot of energy and discretion.  But it might remotely happen.  It certainly would be fair.  But hey, we all know life ain't fair.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 19, 2009, 06:27:20 PM

I concur.

1. This thread is moronic because it is completely incorrect with it's information

2. How old are you Incognito? 16?

3. Raheem may be out at the end of the year if they go 0-16. It is hard to say because I cannot really see the Glazers paying three coaches. Take note of the fact that Raheem's contract runs out at the same time as Gruden's. IMO, Raheem will be around for another year, unless Gruden gets a job in 2010 and Raheem goes 1-15, 0-16 (which is possible)

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Local ESPN talk (Mark Benarzyk) reports that this will be Morris's only season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools