Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Denver Broncos free agency spending « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: October 21, 2009, 02:56:14 PM

I know that, was talking to the guy that made up some a subject for debate about being lazy, even when the same team traded for McFarland.

Fat Al is lazy. The guy is only interested in money and hasn't even played an entire season in the NFL.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 21, 2009, 02:55:11 PM

Yeah just like Brees, he should've been gone by now. They need to draft the QB of the future.  ::)

If the Glazers wanted to built through the draft, they would've hired a draft guru, and wouldn't try to sign Haynesworth, and be a "player" in FA. Trading away picks for vets is not the way to do it neither, but it works.

If you don't think those teams would've been all over Haynesworth if they had the money and need, you need to stop smoking what ever you smoking.

FIRE MD NOW!!!

1.) I hope you are not speaking of the 98 Denver Broncos in regard to their super bowl being a product of FA

2.) I see championships for the Saints.

3.) No chance the Pats, Colts or Steelers take Fat Albert, NO CHANCE AT ALL. Zero, if you think they would have taken fat Al, you obviously have no concept of the philosophies these teams have.  

k_bassuka

Starter

#2 : October 21, 2009, 02:54:20 PM

I know that, was talking to the guy that made up some BS about being lazy, even when the same team traded for McFarland.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 21, 2009, 02:52:27 PM

Yeah just like Brees, he should've been gone by now. They need to draft the QB of the future.  ::)

If the Glazers wanted to built through the draft, they would've hired a draft guru, and wouldn't try to sign Haynesworth, and be a "player" in FA. Trading away picks for vets is not the way to do it neither, but it works.

If you don't think those teams would've been all over Haynesworth if they had the money and need, you need to stop smoking what ever you smoking.

FIRE MD NOW!!!

To avoid being below the cap floor money has to be spent which is why if you are spending money Haynesworth was the logical choice.  If the Bucs were above the cap floor they would probably take the Colts approach by forgoing free agency for the most part to focus soley on the drafted players, and undrafted players.

k_bassuka

Starter

#4 : October 21, 2009, 02:43:44 PM

Yeah just like Brees, he should've been gone by now. They need to draft the QB of the future.  ::)

FIRE MD NOW!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 21, 2009, 12:38:22 PM

Warren:

You're wasting your time, my friend. Anyone who tries to deny that drafting young talent is the FOUNDATION of long-term success is simply wrong. FA is used to fill in SOME spots where you've missed in the draft. Both are important, but the key is that there is NO SENSE in throwing a bunch of money out in free agency if you haven't built the foundation properly. You're building an expensive house on a weak foundation.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 20, 2009, 01:58:27 PM

A couple weeks ago I broke down the amount of money the Bucs are spending on players drafted by other teams compared to what the other teams in the NFC South are spending. Lately it seems everyone's new favorite team is the Denver Broncos, so let's see how much free agent money they've been spending. Here are all official "starters".

Denver Broncos

QB Kyle Orton 1 year $1 million $1M/year
RB Correll Buckhalter 4 years $10 million $2.5M/year
C Casey Wiegmann 2 years $4.7 million $2.35M/year
TE Daniel Graham 5 years $30 million $6M/year
CB Champ Bailey 7 years $63 million $9M/year
DE Ryan McBean no contract info we'll assume $1M/year
NT Ronald Fields 2 years $5 million $2.5M/year
DE Kenny Peterson no contract info we'll assume $1M/year
LB Mario Haggan 3 years $4 million $1.3M/year
LB Andra Davis 2 years $3 million $1.5M/year
S Renaldo Hill 4 years $10 million $2.5M/year
S Brian Dawkins 5 years $17 million $3.4M/year
CB Andre Goodman 5 years $20 million $4M/year

Total: $38.05 million

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

FB B.J. Askew 5 years $7.6 million $1.5M/year
QB Byron Leftwich 2 years $7.5 million $3.75M/year
WR Antonio Bryant 1 year $9.8 million $9.8M/year
C Jeff Faine 6 years $37.5 million $6.25M/year
LT Donald Penn 1 year $2.8 million $2.8M/year
TE Kellen Winslow Jr. 6 years $36 million $6M/year
DE Jimmy Wilkerson 2 years $3 million $1.5M/year
DT Ryan Sims 4 years $8 million $2M/year
DT Chris Hovan 5 years $17.5 million $3.5M/year

Total: $37.1 million

Once again, it doesn't look like it is the Glazers that are holding the Bucs back.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#7 : October 20, 2009, 01:59:46 PM

Orton, Winslow, and Sims weren't free agents.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 20, 2009, 02:06:36 PM

Orton, Winslow, and Sims weren't free agents.
Neither was Orton nor Champ Bailey. I clarified it "players drafted by other teams".

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 20, 2009, 02:12:14 PM

I agree that it's not the Glazers fault our GM can't find any talent and our HC can't coach what we have.  If true, that the Glazers were willing to spend the money on Hyanesworth, it's on the GM to recognize talent and acquire it.  The Clayton deal is Dominiks signature FA signing.  Don't think the Glazers are the one who decided to re-sign Clayton, or Nugent or McCown or Leftwich or Crowell and on and on.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 20, 2009, 02:15:03 PM

I do not believe that the glazers are holding this team back, never have.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#11 : October 20, 2009, 02:25:19 PM

I agree that it's not the Glazers fault our GM can't find any talent and our HC can't coach what we have. If true, that the Glazers were willing to spend the money on Hyanesworth, it's on the GM to recognize talent and acquire it. The Clayton deal is Dominiks signature FA signing. Don't think the Glazers are the one who decided to re-sign Clayton, or Nugent or McCown or Leftwich or Crowell and on and on.
There's no way, after 6 games, you can say the GM can't find talent and the coach can't coach.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 20, 2009, 02:28:25 PM

I do not believe that the glazers are holding this team back, never have.

Sure they are.  By firing a winning HC in leiu of a garbage assistant, they've set the team back.  Had they upgraded at HC, no one would be **CENSORED**in right now...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 20, 2009, 02:29:25 PM

I agree that it's not the Glazers fault our GM can't find any talent and our HC can't coach what we have. If true, that the Glazers were willing to spend the money on Hyanesworth, it's on the GM to recognize talent and acquire it. The Clayton deal is Dominiks signature FA signing. Don't think the Glazers are the one who decided to re-sign Clayton, or Nugent or McCown or Leftwich or Crowell and on and on.
There's no way, after 6 games, you can say the GM can't find talent and the coach can't coach.

You would be surprised brah....>.<

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 20, 2009, 02:56:20 PM

It's not HOW MUCH you spend... it's HOW YOU SPEND IT.  No one on this Earth would care if the Bucs spend $20 mil on the roster if the talent was good and the production was there.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Denver Broncos free agency spending « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools