Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brees or Mcnabb « previous next »
Page: 1

coqui4

Rookie
: October 18, 2009, 09:22:51 AM

Got both of these guys. I'm wondering if I should start McNabb considering he's playing the Raiders or stick with Brees. I was also thinking about trading one of them since their bye weeks are done and I need RB help. Would like some incite. Thanks.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 18, 2009, 09:29:36 AM

Man that is tempting, nomrally I say play your studs but McNabb vs Raiders is awfully sweet looking. I'd stick with Brees because I think they won't be able to run and he'll have to pass but it is toss up.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

coqui4

Rookie
#2 : October 18, 2009, 09:37:12 AM

Ya. That's the dilemma I got. Brees had a bye week to study up on the Giants but McNabb is going up against Oakland. I just don't see Brees throwing for as many yards and touchdowns against the Giants as McNabb would in his matchup.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 18, 2009, 09:54:26 AM

Ya. That's the dilemma I got. Brees had a bye week to study up on the Giants but McNabb is going up against Oakland. I just don't see Brees throwing for as many yards and touchdowns against the Giants as McNabb would in his matchup.

The thing with McNabb against a bad team is that they just won't/can't run the ball so everything goes airborn for them. With Brees my thought is that they can't run vs the NYG so he'll also have to throw and I think that NYG secondary can be exploited if your line isn't a seive. I think they both have good games but maybe I reverse my thinking and lower my risk and play McNabb because he's sure to have a good game.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 19, 2009, 11:18:52 AM

This was a perfect example of playing your studs and not outthinking yourself in FF.  Although it would have been damn tempting to play McNabb against a horrible Raiduhs team.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#5 : October 19, 2009, 11:20:41 PM

Yeah definitely... what did you end up doing?

coqui4

Rookie
#6 : October 21, 2009, 10:04:25 AM

Sorry if that I haven't responded but I went with Brees. Only because there is a show on ESPN2, which is dedicated to fantasy football, that I watched and the reporter at New Orleans spoke to Brees. Brees said that he expected the team to score at least 40 or more points. So I went with Brees. When you hear that come straight from the horses mouth, how can you go against it.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brees or Mcnabb « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools