Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official, Gruden's playbook still present « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 22, 2009, 12:47:43 AM

Tim Brown was right on the money about the fans of this team. 

yeah, like conversations like this don't take place in other cities ... give me a break

Go find me another message board where a bunch of posters crapped on the new coach and first round QB before they played in a game.    Then you can talk. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 22, 2009, 12:48:15 AM

Agreed that Logan would have been the better choice which is why he is the silver lining in this dark cloud.  

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 22, 2009, 12:49:30 AM

Olson is stunting the growth of this football team.

Not trying to rag on Raheem here, as you know I like to stay positive. Why is this not being corrected? THAT falls directly in Raheem's lap.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 22, 2009, 12:50:20 AM

I have been speculating about this for some time. The last game we had significant offensive success was against the Dallas Cowboys, which was a game where we were going vertical. I had a feeling that Olson was slowly fazing out Jagz playbook, in favor of a perverted version of Gruden's. �IMO, Olson is making an attempt to dissolve the ZBS. Each week we are seeing more man to man blocking.

I have a huge problem with this. First, what is going on at the QB position? Leftwich was brought in to stretch the field, he was benched in favor of Johnson. Was this Olson making a transition to a QB more friendly with his playbook? Or was it really on Leftwich's play? Was Freeman not drafted for his ability to stretch the field, use his powerful arm? If we are transitioning back into a WCO, (god help us all) Freeman is certainley not a great fit. Are they pounding Jags playbook into his head, or the one Olson has developed? Where is the consistency for this young QB?

Second, where has the plan gone? Initially, Raheem stated he wanted to be a vertical passing team, utilizing a strong run game and PA pass; this plan was executed against Dallas and had success. How committed is Raheem to what he is saying? How committed is Raheem to sticking with the schemes and systems in place? Does Raheem just keep reverting back to old system? If we were going to run Gruden's offense and Tampa 2 all the time, why fire Gruden? Don't get me wrong, I still think the firing of Gruden was the right move. His WCO made me sick, week in and week out. �Why bring in a rookie coach, run the same systems and insert QBs fit to the mold of last years offense? �I am really beginning to wonder what Raheem is doing down here. Why is Olson allowed to keep calling these moronic plays and run an offense which is the exact opposite of what the plan was to be. IMO, something stinks down at OBP.

I get the impression Raheem is letting the coordinators do whatever they want while he treads water.   If that's the case he is putting his career in their hands and they will take him down.   Neither Olson or Bates is worth a damn.  

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 22, 2009, 12:50:57 AM

Doesn't surprise me, Gruden wasn't fired for his results, he was fired because many of our fans thought they knew what was best. The Glazers were just trying to appease them. I do love it though, so many wanted Gruden gone and now they get to watch amateurs attempt to use his plays, priceless.

You shouldn't word that like it's a known fact. � It's simply your opinion.....unless you can prove it. � �

Nah, I admit the reason I believe he's gone is my opinion. But I do find it funny that his offense remains. Don't you find that interesting? They fire the guy but allow his offense to remain? Come on, that's just sad. They can't even get firing people right around here.

Find it funny? �No not really. � They hired a fraud for an OC....then had to go with the only option in their eyes...which is crap because Logan should be our OC right now. � �I admit these decisions are bad but I don't find it funny or even strange. � I find it pretty logical. � He was a coach under Gruden. � He's said that he will try to plug in his plays each week...I don't know what that means because the plays suck right now. � Running an option? � Buffoonery. � Doesn't change the fact that Gruden's offense is the suck. � � Here is Gruden's offense in a nutshell. � Personnel- Find an old QB past his prime that no one wants anymore. � �Find a couple slow but tall WRs who have bad hands. � �Presnap-motion....motion.....then some more motion. � �Snap-have the QB rollout and throw a 3 yard out on 3rd and 7. � Kick a field goal. � �Lose the game...unless your defense bails you out. � �Post game-blame injuries, praise offense, challenge defense to bail you out more. � �

Thanks, Tex, for making us relive the past 6 years again.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 22, 2009, 12:52:41 AM

Doesn't surprise me, Gruden wasn't fired for his results, he was fired because many of our fans thought they knew what was best. The Glazers were just trying to appease them. I do love it though, so many wanted Gruden gone and now they get to watch amateurs attempt to use his plays, priceless.

You shouldn't word that like it's a known fact. � It's simply your opinion.....unless you can prove it. � �

Nah, I admit the reason I believe he's gone is my opinion. But I do find it funny that his offense remains. Don't you find that interesting? They fire the guy but allow his offense to remain? Come on, that's just sad. They can't even get firing people right around here.

Find it funny? �No not really. � They hired a fraud for an OC....then had to go with the only option in their eyes...which is crap because Logan should be our OC right now. � �I admit these decisions are bad but I don't find it funny or even strange. � I find it pretty logical. � He was a coach under Gruden. � He's said that he will try to plug in his plays each week...I don't know what that means because the plays suck right now. � Running an option? � Buffoonery. � Doesn't change the fact that Gruden's offense is the suck. � � Here is Gruden's offense in a nutshell. � Personnel- Find an old QB past his prime that no one wants anymore. � �Find a couple slow but tall WRs who have bad hands. � �Presnap-motion....motion.....then some more motion. � �Snap-have the QB rollout and throw a 3 yard out on 3rd and 7. � Kick a field goal. � �Lose the game...unless your defense bails you out. � �Post game-blame injuries, praise offense, challenge defense to bail you out more. � �

Thanks, Tex, for making us relive the past 6 years again.

Sorry.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 22, 2009, 12:52:59 AM

Not trying to rag on Raheem here, as you know I like to stay positive. Why is this not being corrected? THAT falls directly in Raheem's lap.

Indeed it does, but too much of a PR hit to fire another OC at this juncture.  They will grind it out with Olson, and most likely ditch him.  If not it means they support Olson's direction which indicates they are on a slipper slope.... >.>

escobar

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 22, 2009, 12:54:17 AM

In your opinion.

Well everything except Gruden wanting slow receivers, of course a coach would only want slow receivers. ::)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 22, 2009, 12:56:07 AM

Tim Brown was right on the money about the fans of this team.

yeah, like conversations like this don't take place in other cities ... give me a break

Go find me another message board where a bunch of posters crapped on the new coach and first round QB before they played in a game. Then you can talk.

find me another team that hired a DB coach to be the HC without bothering to interview a single qualified candidate and traded up in the first for a QB in which many felt was a major reach at that point in the same offseason and then we'll talk

PS Eagles fans were pretty vocal against Donovan McNabb at the time of his draft and Jets fans are notorious for booing the first round picks if they're not happy.  Nothing new to fandom.

PSS I got a laundry list of problems that the new regime has shown since they took over and of course it starts with the way they were hired to begin with

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 22, 2009, 12:56:21 AM

I have been speculating about this for some time. The last game we had significant offensive success was against the Dallas Cowboys, which was a game where we were going vertical. I had a feeling that Olson was slowly fazing out Jagz playbook, in favor of a perverted version of Gruden's. �IMO, Olson is making an attempt to dissolve the ZBS. Each week we are seeing more man to man blocking.

I have a huge problem with this. First, what is going on at the QB position? Leftwich was brought in to stretch the field, he was benched in favor of Johnson. Was this Olson making a transition to a QB more friendly with his playbook? Or was it really on Leftwich's play? Was Freeman not drafted for his ability to stretch the field, use his powerful arm? If we are transitioning back into a WCO, (god help us all) Freeman is certainley not a great fit. Are they pounding Jags playbook into his head, or the one Olson has developed? Where is the consistency for this young QB?

Second, where has the plan gone? Initially, Raheem stated he wanted to be a vertical passing team, utilizing a strong run game and PA pass; this plan was executed against Dallas and had success. How committed is Raheem to what he is saying? How committed is Raheem to sticking with the schemes and systems in place? Does Raheem just keep reverting back to old system? If we were going to run Gruden's offense and Tampa 2 all the time, why fire Gruden? Don't get me wrong, I still think the firing of Gruden was the right move. His WCO made me sick, week in and week out. �Why bring in a rookie coach, run the same systems and insert QBs fit to the mold of last years offense? �I am really beginning to wonder what Raheem is doing down here. Why is Olson allowed to keep calling these moronic plays and run an offense which is the exact opposite of what the plan was to be. IMO, something stinks down at OBP.

I get the impression Raheem is letting the coordinators do whatever they want while he treads water.   If that's the case he is putting his career in their hands and they will take him down.   Neither Olson or Bates is worth a damn.  

This is probably true. Olson definately has no idea what he is doing and is destroying a team with decent offensive talent. Ultimately, he may be very bad for the first round QB that everyone says is so mentally weak. Bates is just stupid. He obviously does not prepare this team well for games. His PCs are awful. He seems like a beaten down depressed man. It is really pathetic. I am afraid we are going down a bad path.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 22, 2009, 12:57:46 AM

In your opinion.

Well everything except Gruden wanting slow receivers, of course a coach would only want slow receivers. ::)

So you think his offense was a success here in Tampa?   I don't know if he wanted slow receivers....he sure did like to draft guys who were slow, tall, and had bad hands.    Once he stepped outside that mold of receiver he had success huh....just look at the great Dexter Jackson.   Dude is tearing up the league.  

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 22, 2009, 12:58:57 AM

In your opinion.

So you think his offense was a success here in Tampa?   I don't know if he wanted slow receivers....he sure did like to draft guys who were slow, tall, and had bad hands.    Once he stepped outside that mold of receiver he had success huh....just look at the great Dexter Jackson.   Dude is tearing up the league. 

just ignore it tex.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 22, 2009, 12:59:32 AM

I like how you decided to preface your statements with the phrase "in Tampa" ... lol

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 22, 2009, 01:00:40 AM

Makes me wonder why we had to fire the coach we're still paying?

...Olson attempts to call his plays...?

Olson is possibly the worst OC I could ever envision.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 22, 2009, 01:02:26 AM

Indeed it does, but too much of a PR hit to fire another OC at this juncture. �They will grind it out with Olson, and most likely ditch him. �If not it means they support Olson's direction which indicates they are on a slipper slope.... >.>

I think Olson is being judged by Morris on how well he adapts to what Morris wants. Understandably, he was put in a difficult position and had to turn at the last minute to Gruden's playbook because of the players' familiarity with it (as they have stated), and he is a very hard worker unlike Jags, but, if he doesn't start adapting and getting results as the season goes by, he will be dumped. Bates, on the other hand, is a little tougher call. It's too early to tell if he just plain sucks or if the players are still adapting and learning to trust the system or if the players in the system suck.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official, Gruden's playbook still present « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools