Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official, Gruden's playbook still present « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 22, 2009, 01:02:37 AM

Makes me wonder why we had to fire the coach we're still paying?

...Olson attempts to call his plays...?

Olson is possibly the worst OC I could ever envision.

good question, but if it was time for him to go maybe we should have done a real search for his replacement.  Makes one think that the Glazers had alternative ideas like we'll pay the cheap unqualified guy for a year while we gut the team and then bring in someone with a clue .... *praying*

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 22, 2009, 01:03:33 AM

Tim Brown was right on the money about the fans of this team.

yeah, like conversations like this don't take place in other cities ... give me a break

Go find me another message board where a bunch of posters crapped on the new coach and first round QB before they played in a game. Then you can talk.

find me another team that hired a DB coach to be the HC without bothering to interview a single qualified candidate and traded up in the first for a QB in which many felt was a major reach at that point in the same offseason and then we'll talk

PS Eagles fans were pretty vocal against Donovan McNabb at the time of his draft and Jets fans are notorious for booing the first round picks if they're not happy. �Nothing new to fandom.    

PSS I got a laundry list of problems that the new regime has shown since they took over and of course it starts with the way they were hired to begin with

I'm only pointing out the silliness that happened long before the season even started.   I personally don't care if people want to whine and complain about every move.   They can be a fan however they want just like I can.   I may just not feel like acknowledging some of these people as fans.   Also my right.    It's the ones who had to cry about his age, the fact he talked about Madden, and the fact he went to a freaking college game and a concert on a Thursday.   I just think there was some truth to what Tim Brown said.    I also find it stupid that people are mad at Raheem for Gruden being fired and him being promoted prematurely.   He didn't do it.   The owners did.   Blame the right people.   He wasn't going to take the job until Gruden told him to run with it.   No one seems to want to open their eyes and put the blame where it belongs.   Must be all Raheem's fault that he got hired.   He must have sabotaged Gruden.  

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 22, 2009, 01:06:12 AM

Makes me wonder why we had to fire the coach we're still paying?

...Olson attempts to call his plays...?

Olson is possibly the worst OC I could ever envision.

Olson could be a hard worker, but if he is using a playbook some one else put a lot of hard work into I am not so sympathetic for him.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 22, 2009, 01:08:21 AM

I like how you decided to preface your statements with the phrase "in Tampa" ... lol

Cause we should care what was done in Oakland?   I don't.    Gruden did the smart thing out there and just let Gannon do as he pleased.   He was the one working the pump fake and airing it out.    Put Garcia, Simms, Griese, Gradkowski, etc in there and you get a sucky Gruden offense all over again.  

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 22, 2009, 01:09:38 AM

yeah, like conversations like this don't take place in other cities ... give me a break

Go find me another message board where a bunch of posters crapped on the new coach and first round QB before they played in a game. Then you can talk.

find me another team that hired a DB coach to be the HC without bothering to interview a single qualified candidate and traded up in the first for a QB in which many felt was a major reach at that point in the same offseason and then we'll talk

PS Eagles fans were pretty vocal against Donovan McNabb at the time of his draft and Jets fans are notorious for booing the first round picks if they're not happy. �Nothing new to fandom.    

PSS I got a laundry list of problems that the new regime has shown since they took over and of course it starts with the way they were hired to begin with

I'm only pointing out the silliness that happened long before the season even started.   I personally don't care if people want to whine and complain about every move.   They can be a fan however they want just like I can.   I may just not feel like acknowledging some of these people as fans.   Also my right.    It's the ones who had to cry about his age, the fact he talked about Madden, and the fact he went to a freaking college game and a concert on a Thursday.   I just think there was some truth to what Tim Brown said.    I also find it stupid that people are mad at Raheem for Gruden being fired and him being promoted prematurely.   He didn't do it.   The owners did.   Blame the right people.   He wasn't going to take the job until Gruden told him to run with it.   No one seems to want to open their eyes and put the blame where it belongs.   Must be all Raheem's fault that he got hired.   He must have sabotaged Gruden.  

you gotta link to where someone has said Raheem was responsible for Gruden being fired?  because I haven't seen it.  he's the coach now and it's been a circus since he took over starting with the way he was hired right up to the current day to day debacles.  one of the criticisms of people has been the way he acts towards his players and hanging out at a concert a couple of days before another loss isn't much of a way to hush those critics.   everything that happened last season wasn't gruden's fault, but he takes the blame because he was the HC.  comes with the territory.  welcome to the show Raheem.  now deal with it.  again nothing exclusive to buc fans.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 22, 2009, 01:11:12 AM

I like how you decided to preface your statements with the phrase "in Tampa" ... lol

Cause we should care what was done in Oakland?   I don't.    Gruden did the smart thing out there and just let Gannon do as he pleased.   He was the one working the pump fake and airing it out.    Put Garcia, Simms, Griese, Gradkowski, etc in there and you get a sucky Gruden offense all over again.   

yeah because Gannon was so successful preGruden.  ::)  I didn't say you had to care. just that it was funny that you qualified your statement.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 22, 2009, 01:12:10 AM

Doesn't surprise me, Gruden wasn't fired for his results, he was fired because many of our fans thought they knew what was best. The Glazers were just trying to appease them. I do love it though, so many wanted Gruden gone and now they get to watch amateurs attempt to use his plays, priceless.

You shouldn't word that like it's a known fact. � It's simply your opinion.....unless you can prove it. � �

Nah, I admit the reason I believe he's gone is my opinion. But I do find it funny that his offense remains. Don't you find that interesting? They fire the guy but allow his offense to remain? Come on, that's just sad. They can't even get firing people right around here.

Find it funny? �No not really. � They hired a fraud for an OC....then had to go with the only option in their eyes...which is crap because Logan should be our OC right now. � �I admit these decisions are bad but I don't find it funny or even strange. � I find it pretty logical. � He was a coach under Gruden. � He's said that he will try to plug in his plays each week...I don't know what that means because the plays suck right now. � Running an option? � Buffoonery. � Doesn't change the fact that Gruden's offense is the suck. � � Here is Gruden's offense in a nutshell. � Personnel- Find an old QB past his prime that no one wants anymore. � �Find a couple slow but tall WRs who have bad hands. � �Presnap-motion....motion.....then some more motion. � �Snap-have the QB rollout and throw a 3 yard out on 3rd and 7. � Kick a field goal. � �Lose the game...unless your defense bails you out. � �Post game-blame injuries, praise offense, challenge defense to bail you out more. � �

In your opinion.

Well everything except Gruden wanting slow receivers, of course a coach would only want slow receivers. ::)

So you think his offense was a success here in Tampa? � I don't know if he wanted slow receivers....he sure did like to draft guys who were slow, tall, and had bad hands. � �Once he stepped outside that mold of receiver he had success huh....just look at the great Dexter Jackson. � Dude is tearing up the league. �

What kind of argument are you trying to put together here? It's not making much sense. I never said his offense was a success I'm just not dumb enough to pin it all on him when there are a variety of factors that go into whether an offense is successful or not. As I said, there were definitely plays to be made that Garcia missed, I saw it with my own eyes. That's not the offense failing, it's the player failing. You can blame him for not getting a top flight QB if you'd like, I'll ask you to name the QB's available to him in the draft and FA that would have been a better option. You'll find the list is very very VERY short, as in ONE player. Aaron Rodgers. Save for him there isn't a single other QB in the draft or FA that Gruden "passed on" that he should be bashed for.

You tell me to state a previous post is "my opinion", then spew out that Gruden WANTED slow receivers and old QB's, as if he would pass younger more talented options if they existed. Get a grip.

Bucfanut

Starter

#37 : October 22, 2009, 01:13:52 AM

Sounds like what Raider fans said about Callahan using Gruden's playbook. Oh, and although we weren't a juggernaut, the offense was better last yr by far, not saying much and discredit it all you want but it is what it is (or was)

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 22, 2009, 01:15:32 AM

PS Eagles fans were pretty vocal against Donovan McNabb at the time of his draft and Jets fans are notorious for booing the first round picks if they're not happy. �Nothing new to fandom. � �

I'm only pointing out the silliness that happened long before the season even started. � I personally don't care if people want to whine and complain about every move. � They can be a fan however they want just like I can. � I may just not feel like acknowledging some of these people as fans. � Also my right. � �It's the ones who had to cry about his age, the fact he talked about Madden, and the fact he went to a freaking college game and a concert on a Thursday. � I just think there was some truth to what Tim Brown said. � �I also find it stupid that people are mad at Raheem for Gruden being fired and him being promoted prematurely. � He didn't do it. � The owners did. � Blame the right people. � He wasn't going to take the job until Gruden told him to run with it. � No one seems to want to open their eyes and put the blame where it belongs. � Must be all Raheem's fault that he got hired. � He must have sabotaged Gruden. �

you gotta link to where someone has said Raheem was responsible for Gruden being fired? �because I haven't seen it. �he's the coach now and it's been a circus since he took over starting with the way he was hired right up to the current day to day debacles. �one of the criticisms of people has been the way he acts towards his players and hanging out at a concert a couple of days before another loss isn't much of a way to hush those critics. � everything that happened last season wasn't gruden's fault, but he takes the blame because he was the HC. �comes with the territory. �welcome to the show Raheem. �now deal with it. �again nothing exclusive to bic fans.

lol this is actually funny.   I said it being somewhat sarcastic because a few people just seem to want to hate the man because he's not Gruden.....BUT...now that you mention finding a link there was someone about a month or two back that in all seriousness said..."I bet Raheem got the defense to tank the last 4 games so he could be hired as the head coach"    Now I have no way of finding it and I wouldn't even waste my time because like I said I was using a tad bit of sarcasm.  I can assure you though it has been said.      

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 22, 2009, 01:20:00 AM

Doesn't surprise me, Gruden wasn't fired for his results, he was fired because many of our fans thought they knew what was best. The Glazers were just trying to appease them. I do love it though, so many wanted Gruden gone and now they get to watch amateurs attempt to use his plays, priceless.

You shouldn't word that like it's a known fact. � It's simply your opinion.....unless you can prove it. � �

Nah, I admit the reason I believe he's gone is my opinion. But I do find it funny that his offense remains. Don't you find that interesting? They fire the guy but allow his offense to remain? Come on, that's just sad. They can't even get firing people right around here.

Find it funny? �No not really. � They hired a fraud for an OC....then had to go with the only option in their eyes...which is crap because Logan should be our OC right now. � �I admit these decisions are bad but I don't find it funny or even strange. � I find it pretty logical. � He was a coach under Gruden. � He's said that he will try to plug in his plays each week...I don't know what that means because the plays suck right now. � Running an option? � Buffoonery. � Doesn't change the fact that Gruden's offense is the suck. � � Here is Gruden's offense in a nutshell. � Personnel- Find an old QB past his prime that no one wants anymore. � �Find a couple slow but tall WRs who have bad hands. � �Presnap-motion....motion.....then some more motion. � �Snap-have the QB rollout and throw a 3 yard out on 3rd and 7. � Kick a field goal. � �Lose the game...unless your defense bails you out. � �Post game-blame injuries, praise offense, challenge defense to bail you out more. � �

In your opinion.

Well everything except Gruden wanting slow receivers, of course a coach would only want slow receivers. ::)

So you think his offense was a success here in Tampa? � I don't know if he wanted slow receivers....he sure did like to draft guys who were slow, tall, and had bad hands. � �Once he stepped outside that mold of receiver he had success huh....just look at the great Dexter Jackson. � Dude is tearing up the league. �

What kind of argument are you trying to put together here? It's not making much sense. I never said his offense was a success I'm just not dumb enough to pin it all on him when there are a variety of factors that go into whether an offense is successful or not. As I said, there were definitely plays to be made that Garcia missed, I saw it with my own eyes. That's not the offense failing, it's the player failing. You can blame him for not getting a top flight QB if you'd like, I'll ask you to name the QB's available to him in the draft and FA that would have been a better option. You'll find the list is very very VERY short, as in ONE player. Aaron Rodgers. Save for him there isn't a single other QB in the draft or FA that Gruden "passed on" that he should be bashed for.

You tell me to state a previous post is "my opinion", then spew out that Gruden WANTED slow receivers and old QB's, as if he would pass younger more talented options if they existed. Get a grip.

1.  Never said the failure of the offense was 100% his fault.   Quote me directly where I did if you disagree with that.   I simply said his offense (scheme, like we have been talking about) was not a success in Tampa.
2. I never said he "wanted" slow receivers.   It was a comical summary of what he gave us here.   A bunch of slow, tall, bad hand receivers.   Again...if you disagree with me then quote me directly where I said he "wanted" slow receivers.   All I can say is that he sure did have a way of drafting them. 
3. Drew Brees....Drew effin Brees.   

escobar

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 22, 2009, 01:22:14 AM

I do agree about Brees, the guy is the best in the league as far as I'm concerned. We didn't have the money to sign him, some have claimed we did, but I don't buy it. That's the kind of guy Gruden drools over. I didn't count him because of our cap issues at the time.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 22, 2009, 01:24:06 AM

PS Eagles fans were pretty vocal against Donovan McNabb at the time of his draft and Jets fans are notorious for booing the first round picks if they're not happy. �Nothing new to fandom. � �

I'm only pointing out the silliness that happened long before the season even started. � I personally don't care if people want to whine and complain about every move. � They can be a fan however they want just like I can. � I may just not feel like acknowledging some of these people as fans. � Also my right. � �It's the ones who had to cry about his age, the fact he talked about Madden, and the fact he went to a freaking college game and a concert on a Thursday. � I just think there was some truth to what Tim Brown said. � �I also find it stupid that people are mad at Raheem for Gruden being fired and him being promoted prematurely. � He didn't do it. � The owners did. � Blame the right people. � He wasn't going to take the job until Gruden told him to run with it. � No one seems to want to open their eyes and put the blame where it belongs. � Must be all Raheem's fault that he got hired. � He must have sabotaged Gruden. �

you gotta link to where someone has said Raheem was responsible for Gruden being fired? �because I haven't seen it. �he's the coach now and it's been a circus since he took over starting with the way he was hired right up to the current day to day debacles. �one of the criticisms of people has been the way he acts towards his players and hanging out at a concert a couple of days before another loss isn't much of a way to hush those critics. � everything that happened last season wasn't gruden's fault, but he takes the blame because he was the HC. �comes with the territory. �welcome to the show Raheem. �now deal with it. �again nothing exclusive to bic fans.

lol this is actually funny. � I said it being somewhat sarcastic because a few people just seem to want to hate the man because he's not Gruden.....BUT...now that you mention finding a link there was someone about a month or two back that in all seriousness said..."I bet Raheem got the defense to tank the last 4 games so he could be hired as the head coach" � �Now I have no way of finding it and I wouldn't even waste my time because like I said I was using a tad bit of sarcasm. �I can assure you though it has been said. � � �

Actually, that quote about Raheem sounds like it might have been one of Java's tongue-in-cheek rants.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 22, 2009, 01:28:27 AM

I do agree about Brees, the guy is the best in the league as far as I'm concerned. We didn't have the money to sign him, some have claimed we did, but I don't buy it. That's the kind of guy Gruden drools over. I didn't count him because of our cap issues at the time.

Well I guess we can just disregard a bunch of good players that got passed on because of money then.   You said to name one.   I gave you the biggest success story of a FA QB that I can remember in a long time.   Gruden just loved to go with old timers and players he was familiar with.   Not saying he's the only one, Parcells did that too, difference was Gruden did it after they were injured and washed up.   I don't have ANY sympathy for him when people want to blame Bruce Allen for not getting him talent to work with.   That was his guy.   He lobbied for them to hire Bruce.   If he wasn't going to get a GM who would help him be successful then that's on him.     Anyway....I'm sick of beating the dead horse that is our former coach.   He's gone and won't be back.  

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 22, 2009, 01:30:34 AM

lol this is actually funny. � I said it being somewhat sarcastic because a few people just seem to want to hate the man because he's not Gruden.....BUT...now that you mention finding a link there was someone about a month or two back that in all seriousness said..."I bet Raheem got the defense to tank the last 4 games so he could be hired as the head coach" � �Now I have no way of finding it and I wouldn't even waste my time because like I said I was using a tad bit of sarcasm. �I can assure you though it has been said. � � �

Actually, that quote about Raheem sounds like it might have been one of Java's tongue-in-cheek rants.

I do remember it wasn't Java.   It was one of his less then intelligent followers but I do remember it wasn't him.     I have a guess but I don't want to say his name and then it not be him.   let's just say he's the creator of some of the more idiotic idea threads and has a tendency to spell the owner's and player's names incorrectly. 

Bucfanut

Starter

#44 : October 22, 2009, 01:33:08 AM

actually Brees was signed by the Saints after the '05 season, and Simms had actually played well enough to garner another opportunity, although most signs point to Gruden never wanting the guy in the 1st place. That put to bed any thoughts of the Bucs trading for Brees. New Orleans came off the Aaron Brooks fiasco, and Miami went thru a ton of crud at QB from Fiedler to Frerotte. Too bad the Fins didnt even  get him, woulda been nice not to deal with him twice a yr.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official, Gruden's playbook still present « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools