Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official, Gruden's playbook still present « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

escobar

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 22, 2009, 01:34:57 AM

I do agree about Brees, the guy is the best in the league as far as I'm concerned. We didn't have the money to sign him, some have claimed we did, but I don't buy it. That's the kind of guy Gruden drools over. I didn't count him because of our cap issues at the time.

Well I guess we can just disregard a bunch of good players that got passed on because of money then. � You said to name one. � I gave you the biggest success story of a FA QB that I can remember in a long time. � Gruden just loved to go with old timers and players he was familiar with. � Not saying he's the only one, Parcells did that too, difference was Gruden did it after they were injured and washed up. � I don't have ANY sympathy for him when people want to blame Bruce Allen for not getting him talent to work with. � That was his guy. � He lobbied for them to hire Bruce. � If he wasn't going to get a GM who would help him be successful then that's on him. � � Anyway....I'm sick of beating the dead horse that is our former coach. � He's gone and won't be back. �

You're right, all we can do is disregard a bunch of players because as you should know by now we were in cap hell for years and since then our owners have spent the least amount of money out of all 32 teams. Like I said, there are a lot of factors that go into our current situation.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#46 : October 22, 2009, 01:45:13 AM

Here's the problem...we already fired Jagz. So Morris has himself in a situation where he can't fire/demote Olsen, because he'll look completely incompetent if he does. 3 OCs in a year? No one does that. I expect to see Logan as the OC next year, assuming Morris is still here.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 22, 2009, 01:55:31 AM

I'm sorry but Gruden's playbook needs to go. We are supposed to have a new look but how can we if we keep his playbook. We were supposed to be a team that ran then set up the deep ball with playaction. We rarely have gone deep all year, some of that can be attributed most likely to JJ being young and not seeing the deep routes or having the confidence to throw them but we didn't even throw deep much with Byron. Frankly Gruden was a very good offensive schemer but if we are to make a clean break and have any hope of starting a new era on offense it starts with scrapping the retreaded playbook. IMO

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 22, 2009, 11:04:29 PM

Well, clearly.

If we added better talent, re-implemented Gruden's offense, while starting the QB gruden drafted - and are now 0-6...

When Gruden won 9 games with less talent, calling the plays, while sitting his QB of the future.

I asked where Olson learned the ZBS scheme, and how to use it to call a power running game that would allow us to take vertical shots down-field...?

I never got an answer...well, I guess I did actually get the answer...6 times already.

He never learned.

Olson's a "placeholder".

The numerical representation of "placeholder is...

a zero.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official, Gruden's playbook still present « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools