Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John McKay Quote of the Week « previous next »
Page: 1

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

: October 22, 2009, 01:45:32 PM

I in light of the fact that we're staring down the barrel of the worst single season in Buccaneer history, I figured I'd break out the old John McKay quotes.  It's amazing how they apply just as well today as they did in 76...

Thought this one seemed appropriate for this week:

"It will be good to go on the road. I think the fans have seen enough of us." - October 23, 1983 (Following a 24-21 looss to the Saints)

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 22, 2009, 02:12:25 PM

Another fitting quote:

"Well, we've determined that we can't win at home and we can't win on the road. What we need is a neutral site."

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 22, 2009, 02:20:42 PM

I've had that on my pro for awhile now. I happen to think it's the funniest NFL quote next to, "Playoffs?!" or "Can't win with them... just can't do it!"

DKWEST

Starter

#3 : October 22, 2009, 02:34:44 PM

The difference in 1976 and 2009 is that 1976 was an expansion team,  there was no free agency to pick up some veterans, and trades were rare.  This 2009 team is coming off 3 winning seasons in the past 4 years and 2 Division Championships.

But I'm pretty sure the 2009 Bucs will be able to win a couple games

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 22, 2009, 03:12:19 PM

But I'm pretty sure the 2009 Bucs will be able to win a couple games

Yeah, lets hope the long trip messes up the Pats.... Despite the fact that we're 31st in the league in the run and the Pats just slapped down a 59-0 win against tenn, we still have a chance. Oh, and there is NO way possible the Saints win against us, slapping 30+ on every team they play isn't that scary, and their defense isn't doing to well.... Carolina? Pffft... They can't run on us at all, they're just pitifull at that.... We got their #, so I an't worried bro... Atlanta doesn't have a running game, and their QB is just plain aweful, big wins there when our dominant DL brings the hurt we're so used to....

Make no mistake man, Mia & Seattle are our only chances at a win. Rah better be working towards winning them NOW if he wants to save his job and the g-men want some fans left. As of the last three games, I refuse to spend a dime on anything "Bucs" related untill they get the "f" real, because they aren't being "real" with us.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John McKay Quote of the Week « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools