Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: War against the South? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 23, 2009, 06:11:55 PM

I have lived down here all my life but I cannot stand that confederate flag garbage, and anyone that is flying it and says they're not a racist is probably.................LYING.

LOL

Hey Chrispy. Just wanted to let you know I'm a U.S. History teacher in High School.

Enjoy.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 23, 2009, 07:03:26 PM

Well how did perception become reality?

When people started believing everything they saw on TV, then read on the internet, it became "real" to them. People became too lazy to think for themselves and decided to let "smart guys" like Oberman, O'Rielly, Beck, and Limbaugh do all their thinking for them. We went from looking to the media to investigate for us, reserving final judgment for ourselves, to letting the media tell us what to think and what is "real".

States rights are counter-productive to the Federal agenda, so any symbol of States Rights or Reduced Government must be contained. Tell everyone that a certain symbols represents something de**CENSORED**able (rather than something inconvenient to the Fed. Gov.) long enough and eventually people will believe it, continue long enough, and the perceived de**CENSORED**able symbology becomes the real symbology.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 23, 2009, 07:13:20 PM

Guys the Stars and Bars ain't a mystery how that happened.

Yes the South fought for states right but oh gosh BTW one of the rights the states wanted was to keep people as slaves. The reason why groups like the Klan adopted it so far back in time was because of that association and that tie to the Klan is what has made it really reviled these days and that association got it picked up by a ton of other loathsome groups.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 23, 2009, 07:24:47 PM

Yes the South fought for states right but oh gosh BTW one of the rights the states wanted was to keep people as slaves. The reason why groups like the Klan adopted it so far back in time was because of that association and that tie to the Klan is what has made it really reviled these days and that association got it picked up by a ton of other loathsome groups.

So we should hate the American flag as well since the KKK has since adopted that flag as their own?

The American flag is a much more common symbol among the KKK.

The only people that think that flag stands for racism are idiots. Black or White.

If you look at that flag and think racism. You're an idiot.

If you wave that flag as a sign of racism. You're an idiot.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 23, 2009, 08:17:31 PM

Ah, another believer in what the government has been preaching!

Either the northern armies were really big hypocrites, or something else was going on here.

AEver ask yourself - if the northern armies fought to end slavery, why wasn't slavery abolished earlier?

The emancipation proclamation was issued in 1863, two years after the beginning of the civil war.

So when exactly did the north abolish slavery? How is it the north was able to end it's reliance on slaves?

Ever hear of the 13th amendment? Know when it was enacted?

hmmm...BTW - did those freed slaves that fought in grey, and under "the stars & bars", fight for slavery?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 23, 2009, 09:24:53 PM

First off, most of the Southern leadership wasn't die hard on maintaining slavery, they just wanted compensation for the "property" that was to be freed. It was over the issue of compensation that caused the biggest uproars in the Senate prior to Succession. They saw the abolition movement as a seizure of property without due process, a right guaranteed by the Constitution.

2nd, the Klan was formed by former confederate soldiers to oppose the occupation of the south by "carpet bagger" Republicans and their oppressive reconstruction programs (40 acres and a Mule. Where did the 40 acres come from? Where did the mule come from?). Originally their terrorism was aimed at scaring the new voting black populace into either not voting or voting for their candidates. The White Supremacy agenda developed later, after the Confederate battle flag was adopted.

The issues that led to the Klan's formation were forgotten, but the Klan itself continued, devolving into just a hate group. The flag followed and as that group changed, so did what that flag represented.

Oh, and Dalbuc, this is the "Stars and Bars":

NOT this:

That is a Stars and Jack

Â 

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 23, 2009, 09:44:25 PM

I have lived down here all my life but I cannot stand that confederate flag garbage, and anyone that is flying it and says they're not a racist is probably.................LYING.

LOL

Hey Chrispy. Just wanted to let you know I'm a U.S. History teacher in High School.

Enjoy.

And if that is your flag of choice then I label you a racist wether you admit to or not, and I am sure there are thousands more who will also label you the same way. So if you are cool with that then go on waving it and be called & thought of as a racist, which I am quite sure you're used to by now.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 23, 2009, 09:49:40 PM

While I don't necessarily agree with this comparison, I've never heard a real solid rebuttal.  The Confederate Flag has come to be a symbol of slavery, whether that was the original intention or not.  The Nazi flag has become a symbol of anti-Semitism and also has a negative connotation, even though the Nazi party wasn't just about killing Jews.  People would get up in arms about the Nazi flag, why shouldn't people get up in arms about the Confederate flag?  I don't necessarily entirely agree with that argument, but nobody has been able to really say a valid difference.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 23, 2009, 09:57:20 PM

Never heard a rebuttal?

Not following closely, huh?

OK - for you, I'll repeat myself:

Either the northern armies were really big hypocrites, or something else was going on here.

AEver ask yourself - if the northern armies fought to end slavery, why wasn't slavery abolished earlier?

The emancipation proclamation was issued in 1863, two years after the beginning of the civil war.

So when exactly did the north abolish slavery? How is it the north was able to end it's reliance on slaves?

hmmm...BTW - did those freed slaves that fought in grey, and under "the stars & bars", fight for slavery?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 23, 2009, 09:59:42 PM

I think all three of these symbols or flags should be burned and/or abolished forever:

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 23, 2009, 10:51:47 PM

Never heard a rebuttal?

Not following closely, huh?

OK - for you, I'll repeat myself:

Again, not paying much attention, doesn't respond to the Nazi part.  Nazis weren't fighting for the right to kill Jews, Confederates weren't fighting just for the right to keep slaves.  So, I ask, why can't you fly a Nazi flag, but you can fight a Confederate flag?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 24, 2009, 12:28:52 AM

Because Nazis had a final solution, and the south simply wanted to make sure no one could force them into accepting a final solution...

Isn't it clear?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 24, 2009, 01:03:21 AM

Put any spin on this you want to White Tiger but anyone who flies that flag will be looked at as being a racist.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 24, 2009, 01:05:22 AM

Then that will be a funny line if I'm in it....

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 24, 2009, 01:12:07 AM

Then that will be a funny line if I'm in it....

So are you saying that is the flag of choice for you? If so then you are a racist and I have no problem saying you are or accusing you of being one.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: War against the South? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools