Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And the 2009 Heisman Trophy Winner Is.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#15 : October 23, 2009, 11:51:49 AM

Christian Ponder

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 23, 2009, 11:52:44 AM

Ponder was very impressive last night, I haven't said otherwise.  North Carolina isn't as good as those stats suggest, though.  They only slightly good teams they have played, they have lost to.  North Carolina will be lucky to finish the year at .500.  That win was hardly a "heisman game."

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 23, 2009, 11:55:11 AM

This kid is carrying the team on his back, much like Tebow did last year.

In '07 Tebow carried the team on his back, he was the leading rusher and passer. UF had no RBs and a mediocre D. Last year he had Demps, Rainey, Harvin (who was hurt/missed a lot in '07), and a surprisingly good D to help him out. Just clarifying "last year".

The differences between '07 Tebow and Ponder is Ponder isn't the lead rusher and passer, and MORE IMPORTANTLY there is a lot more competition this year than in '07 when Tebow was a runaway favorite very early on and the next closest QB blew his ACL (Dixon) leaving only McFadden.

Ponder? maybe next year.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 23, 2009, 12:09:47 PM

Yeah, I did:

Stats schmats, you want stats?

70% completion percentage.� 2176 yards 12 TD, I Int.� Yea, he's got the stats.�

But his "heisman game" came last night where he threw for 395 yards and 3 TD's taking the Noles on his back and single handedly beating North Carolina's top ranked passing defense.� He hung 30 points on the 3rd ranked Defense in the nation.�

If you think beating North Carolina qualifies as a "heisman game," you're delusional.

Shredding the #3 ranked defense (#1 secondary) is no big deal to you? 

Who said NC is the #3 defense???

If you go by point/game Florida and PSU are tied at 8.7 and NC is in the 20s per Rivals and in yards/game they are 9th with 266.3 way behind UF and Bama at 228

And NC has only played one ranked team all year (Ga Tech), shutting down Citadel, UConn, East Carolina, Va and Ga Southern isn't exactly a tough schedule.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 23, 2009, 12:17:54 PM

If Ponder has a game like that November 28, then the Heisman talk is earned.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 23, 2009, 12:20:21 PM

Yeah, I did:

Stats schmats, you want stats?

70% completion percentage.� 2176 yards 12 TD, I Int.� Yea, he's got the stats.�

But his "heisman game" came last night where he threw for 395 yards and 3 TD's taking the Noles on his back and single handedly beating North Carolina's top ranked passing defense.� He hung 30 points on the 3rd ranked Defense in the nation.�

If you think beating North Carolina qualifies as a "heisman game," you're delusional.

Shredding the #3 ranked defense (#1 secondary) is no big deal to you?

Who said NC is the #3 defense???

If you go by point/game Florida and PSU are tied at 8.7 and NC is in the 20s per Rivals and in yards/game they are 9th with 266.3 way behind UF and Bama at 228

And NC has only played one ranked team all year (Ga Tech), shutting down Citadel, UConn, East Carolina, Va and Ga Southern isn't exactly a tough schedule.

They were ranked 3rd in the nation going into last nights game.  They likely won't get above .500, but that's because their Offense is god awful (though against FSU they look like all stars).  Watch the kid play.  He's playing at a pro level.  

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 07, 2009, 11:14:32 PM

4 picks tonight from the Heisman winner.

#22 : November 07, 2009, 11:18:10 PM

If Pike wasn't hurt it would be between Tebow and him. The award goes to the player who has great stats and his team is having success as well. You don't give it to someone who may not even be in a Bowl game.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 08, 2009, 12:15:30 AM

If Pike wasn't hurt it would be between Tebow and him. The award goes to the player who has great stats and his team is having success as well. You don't give it to someone who may not even be in a Bowl game.

Tebow won it the year UF lost 3 games (and then their bowl game)

LFO

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 11, 2009, 10:41:40 PM

If Ponder has a game like that November 28, then the Heisman talk is earned.

That will be a "heisman game" for him.

I can see that happening.  Even if the Noles lose that game (likely by giving up score after score to Tebow) Ponder will shred that secondary.

It's too bad Ponder got injured.  I would love to see your reaction when Ponder got ate up by UF.

Shred that secondary?  LMAO!

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 11, 2009, 11:26:54 PM

My boy Ingram!

Yes, this may be a bit homerish on my part, but nevertheless! Ingram for Heisman!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 12, 2009, 12:20:43 PM

My boy Ingram!

Yes, this may be a bit homerish on my part, but nevertheless! Ingram for Heisman!

I think Ingram will come in 3rd at best. It's a PR/perception thing. When someone says "Bama" the first thought is "killer D" not Ingram, where as if someone says Notre Dame, everyone thinks Clausen and (crappy coaching) and if someone says Florida, Tebow is immediately discussed.

Ingram is putting up Heisman numbers, but he isn't getting Heisman hype. It's like a beauty pagent, a girl can nail the talent and interview, but all people remember is the swimsuit.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 12, 2009, 03:00:32 PM

It's like a beauty pagent, a girl can nail the talent and interview, but all people remember is the swimsuit.

as they should.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 12, 2009, 11:01:37 PM

BJ Daniels!

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 14, 2009, 07:54:43 PM

I like Pike more than Ponder.  He's not on the board yet, but he may be next year with Tebow gone....

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And the 2009 Heisman Trophy Winner Is.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools