Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And the 2009 Heisman Trophy Winner Is.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 14, 2009, 10:40:52 PM

I like Pike more than Ponder.  He's not on the board yet, but he may be next year with Tebow gone....

Pike's a senior ...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 18, 2009, 11:02:18 PM

The guy who will be the best NFL QB of anyone in CFB right now is IMO Andrew Luck. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 19, 2009, 12:42:38 AM

The guy who will be the best NFL QB of anyone in CFB right now is IMO Andrew Luck. 

this year a guy who will climb the draft board faster than anyone... Sean Canfield. He will go before some of the more "famous QB's"

I agree Luck will be a better CFB QB and NFL QB than Barkley

Snook

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 19, 2009, 01:22:11 PM

The Heisman Trophy is a joke now.

Its supposed to go to the best PLAYER in the nation.  There's nothing about stats or team's record.  I've always looked at it like this:  If you were going to put together a college football team and had the first pick of anyone, who would you pick? 

THAT player should win the Heisman. 

Afterall, you wouldn't pick the guy with the best stats because those are sometimes misleading.  You'd pick the guy who BEST puts you in a situation to win games and make plays.

In my opinion, that player is Tim Tebow.  But some people claim he doesn't have the "stats".  Whatever.  Tebow is the best player in the nation.  Period.

And that's coming from a HUGE Gator Hater.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 19, 2009, 03:14:14 PM

Its supposed to go to the best PLAYER in the nation.  There's nothing about stats or team's record.  I've always looked at it like this: If you were going to put together a college football team and had the first pick of anyone, who would you pick? 

Afterall, you wouldn't pick the guy with the best stats because those are sometimes misleading.  You'd pick the guy who BEST puts you in a situation to win games and make plays.

In my opinion, that player is Tim Tebow.  But some people claim he doesn't have the "stats".  Whatever.  Tebow is the best player in the nation.  Period.

If that was the criteria, I'd take Suh just over Tebow, but just because there are several "very good" QBs but only one Suh. Tebow, though has a unique ability to make both O and D players play harder/better.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#35 : November 19, 2009, 03:37:05 PM

Its supposed to go to the best PLAYER in the nation. There's nothing about stats or team's record. I've always looked at it like this: If you were going to put together a college football team and had the first pick of anyone, who would you pick?

Afterall, you wouldn't pick the guy with the best stats because those are sometimes misleading. You'd pick the guy who BEST puts you in a situation to win games and make plays.

In my opinion, that player is Tim Tebow. But some people claim he doesn't have the "stats". Whatever. Tebow is the best player in the nation. Period.

If that was the criteria, I'd take Suh just over Tebow, but just because there are several "very good" QBs but only one Suh. Tebow, though has a unique ability to make both O and D players play harder/better.

Snook - I agree with JG above.  Tebow deserves to be in the conversation but this year it would have to be Suh.  Though Suh won't get it.  It'll come down to the match up between Tebow and Ingram in Atlanta the week before.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 19, 2009, 03:46:18 PM

Give it to Grothe

Snook

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 19, 2009, 04:58:25 PM

Ranman and JG:

I can respect your Suh pick.  Makes sense.  I'd still take Tebow though.

But you see my point.  I'd rather see Suh win a Heisman instead of some guy who racks up stats every week on a loaded team.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 19, 2009, 05:05:52 PM

I think I'd rather have the guy with the ball in his hands too, Snook.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 20, 2009, 09:34:20 AM

Ranman and JG:

I can respect your Suh pick.  Makes sense.  I'd still take Tebow though.

But you see my point.  I'd rather see Suh win a Heisman instead of some guy who racks up stats every week on a loaded team.

I agree about the Heisman. The best argument is how often is a Heisman winner was drafted in the top 10? (Bush in '05, Ricky Williams in '98) How many Heisman winners are even significant NFL players?

In the last 20 years only Eddie George, Charles Woodson (the ONLY defensive winner), Ricky Williams, Carson Palmer, and maybe Bush have had any decent NFL careers.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 20, 2009, 10:50:36 AM

Right.  Tebow is the best player in college football.  Period.

SoDakBuc

Starter

#41 : November 27, 2009, 09:57:42 AM

Right.  Tebow is the best player in college football.  Period.

Tebow isn't even the best QB in college right now. I don't doubt the kids leadership ability. In fact, I was his biggest supporter when he broke on the scene and helped the Gators beat the lowly Buckeyes in the National Championship Game.

The best QB in college football right now is Colt McCoy (I'd say Bradford if he wasn't hurt). Did anyone watch the game with A&M? Yeah it was a shootout but when you account for 175 yds rushing and a TD as well as 304 passing yards with 4 TDs and no picks.... well, that would and should mak you a favorite for the Heisman. Of course, this is just my opinion but it's a valid arguement.

The difference between a successful team and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 27, 2009, 11:22:17 AM

So if you had to pick a player to field a college football team, you'd pick McCoy over Tebow?

Good for you, but I'd rather have the guy with 2 national titles who plays in a real conference.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 27, 2009, 12:39:33 PM

Good for you, but I'd rather have the guy with 2 national titles who plays in a real conference.

Link to a national title trophy with Tebow's name on it?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 27, 2009, 02:34:42 PM

Tebow is one of the few players worthy of multiple Heismans. He's one of the best college football players of all time.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And the 2009 Heisman Trophy Winner Is.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools