Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And the 2009 Heisman Trophy Winner Is.... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

« #75 : December 06, 2009, 09:34:37 AM »

Bought three of this magizine. One for the firehouse, one for my room and one for my dad.

Ingram is going to be a monster in the NFL.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

« #76 : December 06, 2009, 10:06:00 AM »

If the Heisman actually went to the best player in the nation it would be Suh hands down. Instead it's a skill position beauty contest. None of the "leaders" did themselves any favors this weekend. Ingram is ok but Tebow and McCoy hurt themselves.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

SoDakBuc

Starter

« #77 : December 06, 2009, 10:27:42 AM »

I think either Gerhart or Ingram should be getting it based on this weekends games. If I was to go by the whole season, I'd still think McCoy wins the Heisman. JMHO...

“The difference between a successful team and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #78 : December 06, 2009, 12:28:45 PM »

Ingram clearly made his case for the bronze trophy. He dominated against as tough of an opponent as there is. If 189 yards on a Nationally televised game vs the top rated team and the top rated D doesn't make him the clear leader, something is wrong. Tebow did nothing but 2 TOs. McCoy looked even worse. The only other players who help their cause was Pike (that last minute drive was freakin unbelievable) and Spiller, but Pike missed a few games and Spiller is too late to the party.

If I were picking it would be:

1. Ingram
2. Gerhart
3. Spiller
4. Pike
5. Clausen

Ingram has had his BEST games vs. the toughest competition (185 tot. yds v VaTech, 188 yds @ Ole Miss, 269 @SCar, 174 v LSU, and 189 v #1 UF) he hasn't padded stats on DII cupcakes, his biggest numbers have all come against tough Ds. IMO that is why he DESERVES the bronze statue.

Note: If ever a D lineman deserved the Heisman, it is Suh. But that just doesn't happen.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #79 : December 06, 2009, 12:51:15 PM »

Ingrams going to win the heisman, the winner was going to come out of the Florida-Bama game and Ingram went off, he'll get it.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #80 : December 06, 2009, 12:55:22 PM »

The Heisman has NEVER, not once, not ever, gone to a Bama player. That is just unbelievable.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #81 : December 06, 2009, 01:08:06 PM »

My heisman ballot
1) Gearhart
2) Ingram
3) Suh
4) Spiller
5) LaMichael James :)

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

« #82 : December 06, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »

If the Heisman actually went to the best player in the nation it would be Suh hands down. Instead it's a skill position beauty contest. None of the "leaders" did themselves any favors this weekend. Ingram is ok but Tebow and McCoy hurt themselves.
You're right, Igram did nothing special against #1 ranked Flroida in the SEC championship game. He had an average day...

I forgot 28 rushes for 113 yards (4.o ypc.) and three rushing touchdowns is nothing... oh it was against the #8 run defense in the nation

Also his 2 receptions for 76 yards against the #1 pass defense in the nation is nothing also....

Shut up...

Okay Homer. I didn't blast the kid. I simply said that Suh is THE best player in the country. If my not slobbering over your boy is cause to hurl insults, so be it.

I think Tebow should win it then. Or McCoy. But not your boy. And I'm sure you'll not like that either.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #83 : December 06, 2009, 05:54:03 PM »

Best college player is Suh but defensive players just don't win it sadly so it normally goes to the QB on the best team but Bama doesn't have that guy and neither Tebow or McCoy really deserve it so I'd guess Ingram.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #84 : December 15, 2009, 10:21:07 AM »

I dunno.  Suh is a monster, yes.  But Ingram shredded what was supposed to be the best run D in the country when it mattered most.  That in itself is Heisman worthy, IMO. 

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And the 2009 Heisman Trophy Winner Is.... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools