Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WSJ: What's Behind All the NFL Blowouts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucs1

Practice Squad
#45 : October 24, 2009, 12:47:00 PM

Kevin Demoff was an absolute genius. He pulled off things that are just too unbelievable to imagine. He came up with so many loopholes and so many creative ways to structure contracts, making the Bucs look like they spent money that they did not spend. He was so good that a lot of general managers and front offices around the league now model their ways off of Demoff.

Hard to believe the Glazers let Demoff get away. Wasn't Demoff peeved he didn't get the GM job?

They didn't want him to leave, but the job offer from the Rams (Executive VP of Football Operations) was a better opportunity for him.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#46 : October 24, 2009, 12:52:17 PM

Demoff didn't create these technique or loopholes as he simply was able to apply them for the Bucs situation. The Vikings were the first to heavy employ such an approach with regards to the cap.

That's not true. Demoff did create many techniques and loopholes that a lot of NFL teams use now like I said in my previous post about him. He didn't invent the techniques talked about in the article, and that's not what I was referring to about him.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WSJ: What's Behind All the NFL Blowouts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools