Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whats SUUUUHHHHHP « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#60 : October 25, 2009, 01:30:13 PM

he is not 100% every down.

Is Gerald McCoy? Is any 300+ pound DT?

Suh motor is as good as any DT's could be. I don't see how anybody could question that.
Guy is just spewing garbage.  I respect opinions, as long as there is no agenda involved.  Clearly, this guy is just a hater...of a supreme athlete.  Look at the guys tackle numbers...for a DT?  That is ridiculous.  If he takes plays off, and racks up that many takedowns, what is McCoys excuse?

SonnyCrockett

Starter

#61 : October 25, 2009, 01:40:12 PM

he is not 100% every down.

Is Gerald McCoy? Is any 300+ pound DT?

Suh motor is as good as any DT's could be. I don't see how anybody could question that.
Guy is just spewing garbage.  I respect opinions, as long as there is no agenda involved.  Clearly, this guy is just a hater...of a supreme athlete.  Look at the guys tackle numbers...for a DT?  That is ridiculous.  If he takes plays off, and racks up that many takedowns, what is McCoys excuse?

I don't understand comments like these. As a Buccaneers fan, my only agenda is the Bucs winning, meaning taking the player that will help them the most. Every player has faults, if fans want to ignore them and delude themselves hoping for a dreamworld, that is fine, but don't attack someone else's view because they can objectively analyze players. I think some people WANT Suh to be the best DT prospect in 10 years and be the easy pick with no faults, rather than that actually being reality. Just because some people aren't absolutely bowing down to the guy doesn't make them wrong. Suh is a solid 1st round DT. He is not head and shoulders above McCoy, the reason being is that neither player is perfect. Agenda? Give me a break.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#62 : October 25, 2009, 01:44:34 PM

Primetime,

Does Gerald McCoy (or ANY 300+ pound DT) go 100% on every down, or are you using 2 different standards for those players?

SonnyCrockett

Starter

#63 : October 25, 2009, 01:52:58 PM

Both players get tired and get pushed down. Yeah, they all do.

What I mean by 100% is not stamina. This is not a physical thing.

What I mean is that on downs where there's a pitch to the other side of the field or a screen pass away from McCoy he consistently books it over to the ball carrier and helps finish tackles far out of the tackle box. Suh does this less often. Now, some of that is because Suh is built differently and is a bigger guy -- he cannot run out there like McCoy -- thats not really an issue. My only complaints are when Suh watches a play -- whether a back gets past the line of scrimmage or is out on the flat, a checkdown receiver, etc -- that he could get to or help finish. I'm not saying he does it every time, but he seems to do it more often than McCoy.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#64 : October 25, 2009, 01:59:25 PM

I think you are either being really, really picky or applying an agenda.

By almost everyone's account, Suh's motor is just fine.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whats SUUUUHHHHHP « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools