Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we drafted a MLB « previous next »
Page: 1

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

: October 24, 2009, 06:52:49 PM

I've been mulling this for most of the day while watching some of the college games, my thought is this. If we drafted a physical MLB would we be able to move Ruud to one of the other LB slots? I look at it from the point of view that Ruud is a very capable LB, but just doesn't seem to be the physical force we need in the middle, yet his ability might be more suited to one of the other LB spots in the new system we are "attempting" to implement.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 24, 2009, 07:03:34 PM

LB is the least of our worries.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 24, 2009, 08:10:04 PM

I think Black, Hayes, and Ruud coul do a decent job, but if Brandon Spikes(florida) falls to one of our 2nd picks, I think we should nab him and move Ruud to the outside.

Either way I agree, we need just about every position on this team upgraded aside from maybe LB, S, OG, LT, C, and TE.

imamonsterbuc

Practice Squad

#3 : October 24, 2009, 08:15:27 PM

ruud is waaaay to slow to play out side hell get burned to the corner alot.

we just need to get something for ruud while we can.

and draft us the the kid from kentucky. kid is grimmy

Draper

Starter

#4 : October 24, 2009, 08:20:59 PM

going on his current draft stock, Spikes in the early 2nd would be great.

This is assuming we keep this defensive system and Ruud walks.

McClain from Alabama in the middle/late first would be good but we would have to put ourselves in that position.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#5 : October 24, 2009, 08:36:02 PM

If we got the DL straightened up and had the ability to take a physical MLB, I would like it, I think Ruud would be an excellent SLB in this system or even a WLB.

However the LB's are not going to make a difference in the DL doesn't get a lot better.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 24, 2009, 08:36:08 PM

going on his current draft stock, Spikes in the early 2nd would be great.

This is assuming we keep this defensive system and Ruud walks.

McClain from Alabama in the middle/late first would be good but we would have to put ourselves in that position.

Man i love McClain from Alabama. He fits the mold of a MLB in this defensive scheme; but the value for linebacker can sometimes be overated. Teams are looking in that 2-4 round.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#7 : October 24, 2009, 08:39:25 PM

McClain is a beast, however as the number 1 LB in the draft we would have to move up from the 2nd to grab him, if we move up it needs to be for a dominant DE....

Spikes could fit in well at LB on 1st and 2nd down, however on thrid down and passing situations he is a liability.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we drafted a MLB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools