Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WVU/USF this Friday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 30, 2009, 09:20:31 PM

That touchdown "out of bounds" was a total payback for that "incomplete pass."

Yeah, it was.  The announcers said they couldn't review that out of bounds play, but how in the hell did that ref miss that?  And how did they miss the "incomplete pass" after reviewing?

That was like the Florida "non" fumble at the goal line last week.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 30, 2009, 09:33:39 PM

Maybe they should just get it right the first fippin' time an we wont have to worry about paybacks.  I can't believe they didn't call that a fumble. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 30, 2009, 11:22:34 PM

Tell me again how that D let Pitt score 40-something points?

www.Atlbucs.com

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 30, 2009, 11:39:27 PM

Saw the 2nd half. WVU needs to teach how to wrap up, and how to take proper angles.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 30, 2009, 11:43:13 PM

More physical offense and a brutal 2nd quarter.  If USF could catch the darn ball, they may have put a couple more TDs up too.  Told ya we match up much better and we haven't been outcoached by WVU since we joined the Big East.  Of course if the  WVU db came up with that pick 6 in the 4th quarter, it's a different ball game.

Believe it or not I called 31-21 for the score.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 30, 2009, 11:45:00 PM

Saw the 2nd half. WVU needs to teach how to wrap up, and how to take proper angles.

You're right, our tackling was atrocious.  We would get them 2-3 yards in the backfield and then let them slip by. 

Of course you match up better with our guys than Pitt or Cincy, they're better teams. 

www.Atlbucs.com

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 30, 2009, 11:47:55 PM

We've always matched up better with WVU.  They're build on speed just like us.   Kelly also coaches circles around Leavitt each and every time we play them.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 30, 2009, 11:49:08 PM

Moises Planchar with a good game 18 carries for 85 yards (4.8 per carry).  Piling much on in the 4th quarter with some punishing runs.  Makes a difference when the OC decides to pound one guy instead of the stupid running back by committee approach.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 31, 2009, 12:05:50 AM

Yessssssss - nice win for the Bulls!  ;D

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 31, 2009, 09:44:27 AM

not really as much as it is match ups

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 31, 2009, 09:46:08 AM

Not a losers gripe here, but on that first TD pass USF had the receiver totally pushed off the defender and straightened his arm.  

www.Atlbucs.com

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 31, 2009, 09:47:50 AM

not really as much as it is match ups

I think a little more detail is needed on the whole 'match ups' thing besides "we're both fast."

www.Atlbucs.com

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 31, 2009, 10:09:27 AM

Our season tickets are in the front row, 30 yard line visitor side line. So we get to heckle the opponents pretty good.  Last night in the 4th qtr Eugene Smith was standing near us and we were screaming "Eugene, you picked the wrong school. You picked the wrong school.  You should have stayed in state. What were you thinking going to school up in cousin loving country?  etc...."

The look on his face when he looked up was priceless. haha.  He walked to the other end of the sideline after that.

WVU is one of those schools that has to recruit FL to survive. We have to keep beating them to not allow them credibility in this state.  I am sick of seeing Noel Devine, Joque Sanders, Jarrod Brown, Darius Raynard, etc etc etc playing against us when they are from right in our backyard. 

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 31, 2009, 10:48:26 AM

Our season tickets are in the front row, 30 yard line visitor side line. So we get to heckle the opponents pretty good.  Last night in the 4th qtr Eugene Smith was standing near us and we were screaming "Eugene, you picked the wrong school. You picked the wrong school.  You should have stayed in state. What were you thinking going to school up in cousin loving country?  etc...."

The look on his face when he looked up was priceless. haha.  He walked to the other end of the sideline after that.

WVU is one of those schools that has to recruit FL to survive. We have to keep beating them to not allow them credibility in this state.  I am sick of seeing Noel Devine, Joque Sanders, Jarrod Brown, Darius Raynard, etc etc etc playing against us when they are from right in our backyard. 

He should've said "Even if we lose to you guys, we know we can go win a BCS game.  You know, a BCS game?  Wait."

Buy hey, congrats, you got the edge on an 18 year old kid that didn't even get in the game.  High five. 

www.Atlbucs.com

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 31, 2009, 10:58:28 AM

Not a losers gripe here, but on that first TD pass USF had the receiver totally pushed off the defender and straightened his arm. 

Yeah and then they called our guy out of bounds on the 9 yd line on another long pass when ESPN showed it was clearly a touchdown, so I guess things evened themselves out even though we scored two plays later.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WVU/USF this Friday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools