Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WVU/USF this Friday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 31, 2009, 11:11:30 AM

Not a losers gripe here, but on that first TD pass USF had the receiver totally pushed off the defender and straightened his arm. 

Yeah and then they called our guy out of bounds on the 9 yd line on another long pass when ESPN showed it was clearly a touchdown, so I guess things evened themselves out even though we scored two plays later.

Not totally.  This was discussed a few lines up, that was just after that B S "incomplete pass" call.  The guy tucked the ball, turned, and fumbled.  Even the announcers were in disbelief. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 31, 2009, 11:26:36 AM

Not a losers gripe here, but on that first TD pass USF had the receiver totally pushed off the defender and straightened his arm.  

You're right, that was a pretty clear push-off.  That was one of the calls I was talking about earlier.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 31, 2009, 04:04:14 PM

Not a losers gripe here, but on that first TD pass USF had the receiver totally pushed off the defender and straightened his arm. �

You're right, that was a pretty clear push-off.  That was one of the calls I was talking about earlier.

I thought the same thing when watching it there but playing it back on the dvr, there was some contact but by no means a definite push off. The ref was right there, withing a couple of feet, plus the db didn't make  any kind of a fuss. If anything Mitchell may have held the guy's arm down for a split sec but it's contact you see on most pass plays like that .... Wouldn't have been surprised if it had been called but it wasn't blatant ..

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 31, 2009, 04:13:53 PM

The ref was also right there when he marked USF's receiver out of bounds, and that never happened.  Those guy's missed calls last night.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 31, 2009, 04:17:59 PM

The ref was also right there when he marked USF's receiver out of bounds, and that never happened.  Those guy's missed calls last night.

Got no response to that ...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 31, 2009, 10:29:46 PM

wah

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 31, 2009, 10:32:39 PM

Tell me again how that D let Pitt score 40-something points?

not really as much as it is match ups

I think a little more detail is needed on the whole 'match ups' thing besides "we're both fast."

really?   I have to explain that USF matches up better with WVU than it does a Cinncy or Pitt .... wow, just wow

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 01, 2009, 09:55:36 AM

wah

haha, as if there woudn't be 30 posts about it if that had gone the other way.

www.Atlbucs.com

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 01, 2009, 09:57:29 AM

I think a little more detail is needed on the whole 'match ups' thing besides "we're both fast."

really?� �I have to explain that USF matches up better with WVU than it does a Cinncy or Pitt .... wow, just wow

Basically all I get from you is that you're hearing how they "match up well" from announcers and ESPN and you're regurgitating it as your own thought without substance or supporting evidence. 

www.Atlbucs.com

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 01, 2009, 10:26:28 AM

really?� �I have to explain that USF matches up better with WVU than it does a Cinncy or Pitt .... wow, just wow

Basically all I get from you is that you're hearing how they "match up well" from announcers and ESPN and you're regurgitating it as your own thought without substance or supporting evidence. 

lmao, what I get from you is a very bitter WVU fan who got their rear handed to them again .... it's pretty damn obvious that USF matches up much better with WVU than it does Cinncinati or Pitt or even Rutgers most years .....  I figured anyone that had an ounce of sense about either of these teams or the conference in general knew that ... guess WVU fans really are a little slow

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 01, 2009, 11:53:08 AM

What have I said that was bitter?  All I asked for was for a little more depth on your comment. If its so obvious, list it out. 

Maybe my guys are just intimidated by yalls giant pirate ship.

www.Atlbucs.com

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 01, 2009, 01:09:26 PM

Its just FL speed on FL speed.  It is a similar matchup to what we will see when we play Miami.  Our defense goes up against the spread offense every day in practice so they know what to expect and they have the speed to match up.  A lot of the kids played in high school together. There was an article in the St. Pete Times last week about Quentin Washington and Noel Devine being best friends since child hood and how they played together in high school.   There is just a lot of similarities and familiarity between the teams.  That is why is it a better matchup for us compared to teams that run a traditional offense with bigger teams.

If WVU keeps losing traction in FL recruiting, they will be toast and have the same fate as Louisville.  Look what happened to Louisville when they lost their coach that had lots of success recruiting in FL.  Doc Holliday is your last lifeline to the FL talent. 

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 01, 2009, 02:28:09 PM

I dont know if Doc is the last lifeline to the FL kids...hes only been with the program (this time around) for less than two years.  We had lots of FL talent coming up before him.  As much?  Not 100% sure.

But theres no doubting that he's important to the program.  I think he's calling a lot of the shots. 

www.Atlbucs.com

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 03, 2009, 07:10:00 PM

Its just FL speed on FL speed.  It is a similar matchup to what we will see when we play Miami.  Our defense goes up against the spread offense every day in practice so they know what to expect and they have the speed to match up.  A lot of the kids played in high school together. There was an article in the St. Pete Times last week about Quentin Washington and Noel Devine being best friends since child hood and how they played together in high school.   There is just a lot of similarities and familiarity between the teams.  That is why is it a better matchup for us compared to teams that run a traditional offense with bigger teams.

If WVU keeps losing traction in FL recruiting, they will be toast and have the same fate as Louisville.  Look what happened to Louisville when they lost their coach that had lots of success recruiting in FL.  Doc Holliday is your last lifeline to the FL talent. 

I was in a class with Noel and Quentin. Quentin is one of the brightest guy I have ever met in my life. Noel... not so much.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 03, 2009, 11:31:18 PM

I was in a class with Noel and Quentin. Quentin is one of the brightest guy I have ever met in my life. Noel... not so much.

Hence the reason Quentin went to USF and Noel went to WVU. haha.  I kid, I kid.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WVU/USF this Friday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools