Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It is Freeman's time « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 25, 2009, 11:16:17 PM

well we haven't seem much in him to truly pass judgment

Agreed..... but you can look at some guys and see they have "it". I don't see it in him but we can revisit this at season's end.

I can understand you not seeing something in your eyes but what the heck have you seen in johnson?

Not much!!

-------------------------------------------------------

#16 : October 25, 2009, 11:17:36 PM

Freemen has better size to see down field, just needs to read the D

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#17 : October 25, 2009, 11:20:51 PM

Freemen has better size to see down field, just needs to read the D

which comes with experience and watching tape. He needs to dedicate himself and study hard if he wants to be a good player in this league. He has all the tools, but he cant rely on just those in this league.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 25, 2009, 11:21:51 PM

Freeman will undoubtedly start in Green Bay.. And I am truly excited.

Im not. Dude has shown me nothing to be excited about. I could be wrong, and I hope that i am, but i'd rather JJ stay in there.

JJ has been awful. I really do not think he has shown anything at all. I think Freeman has NFL tools and JJ does not. In regards to the "it" factor, I think he is very calm and confident, which is a good thing.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 25, 2009, 11:30:45 PM

Given his supporting cast, coaching, and opponents - I have a hard time imagining anything but ugly play from Freeman for at least the first few games.

I do think Freeman can be good but his teammates and coaches need to step the hell up.

BucNation408

Second String

#20 : October 25, 2009, 11:44:54 PM

Freeman will undoubtedly start in Green Bay.. And I am truly excited.

Im not. Dude has shown me nothing to be excited about. I could be wrong, and I hope that i am, but i'd rather JJ stay in there.

i agree

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 25, 2009, 11:46:46 PM

please explain why JJ is a better option...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 26, 2009, 12:06:41 AM

I've seen all I need to see of Josh Johnson. I'm honestly not sure if he'd even be a credible backup in the NFL.

With that said, it's time for our quarterback to take the reigns and begin preparation for 2010. I'm sure it's going to be ugly at times but hopefully at some point the light will turn on and he'll begin to get it.

All I know is what I said in the other thread. Now is not the time for the "I think he'll be the bust" stuff. If you love the Bucs - this guy needs to be the guy or it's going to set this franchise back another five years.

No matter what you thought of the pick in April - he deseves your support.

Get behind #5, Buc fans!

burger40

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 26, 2009, 01:16:41 AM

I've seen all I need to see of Josh Johnson. I'm honestly not sure if he'd even be a credible backup in the NFL.

With that said, it's time for our quarterback to take the reigns and begin preparation for 2010. I'm sure it's going to be ugly at times but hopefully at some point the light will turn on and he'll begin to get it.

All I know is what I said in the other thread. Now is not the time for the "I think he'll be the bust" stuff. If you love the Bucs - this guy needs to be the guy or it's going to set this franchise back another five years.

No matter what you thought of the pick in April - he deseves your support.

Get behind #5, Buc fans!
JJ is fine as a backup, he'll get better as he has more time to study and get reps as a #2. People need to remember this guy is a rookie in many respects he had more time to learn offense but they had the OC change, JJ got no reps with first team till week 2 etc.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

Bucfanut

Starter

#24 : October 26, 2009, 01:40:42 AM

I'll support Freeman of course, a lot of the mistakes JJ makes are typical of a young QB on a bad team. What i do kinda like about the guy is his fiery demeanor. I know its not a necessity but i like that trait in a QB. Hopefully Freeman displays that also, but with better results. It's gonna take time either way.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It is Freeman's time « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools