Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman feels the rush.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

: October 26, 2009, 01:38:24 PM

I think the biggest knock on the kid is going to be his inability to stand tall in the pocket, go through his progressions and deliver the ball...  In his limited time in the preseason and yesterday, he seems awfully uncomfortable.  I hope he's got it in him to shut it all out and stay cool under pressure....

Madman

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 26, 2009, 01:40:42 PM

I thought Freeman stood tall in the preseason. Yesterday was a jailbreak the few times he dropped back.

Hell, he's the same size as a DE.

vladin

Starter

#2 : October 26, 2009, 01:44:23 PM

The first time he dropped back, the offensive line was a turnstile.  Joseph and Faine looked at each other after the play like there was some kind of confusion.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 26, 2009, 01:45:18 PM

Every team is going to have the same gameplan against the Bucs...

-Stop the run.
-Force the QB to stay in the pocket.
-Blitz him like crazy.

Until the offensive line can figure out how to overcome this...the QB will fail no matter who it is.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 26, 2009, 01:48:44 PM

-Stop the run.
-Blitz him like crazy.

Until the offensive line can figure out how to overcome this...the QB will fail no matter who it is.
With Raw coaching as long as the other team shows up they will have a better gameplan than what we have

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 26, 2009, 02:02:58 PM

I DON'T think he sees where the blitz is comming from. I don't see quickness. I REALLY don't see a "leader" out there, as of yet.

The future is a different mother, but Rah has done everything possible to cover up his golden boy for now. Hopefully he'll get the experiance he needs starting, but I once heard a saying "If you have it then you'll show it from day ONE." If that's true, then we're in a bind, because JF hasn't show us anything out of the ordinary.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 26, 2009, 02:49:25 PM

Freeman has all the tools and the smarts.

Hopefully he has the right personality and dedication to be a top QB. All the good ones do. Tough to be a leader Day 1. Eli Manning sure wasn't but he grew into it. I'm ready to give the kid some slack in that department.

Btw, heard Rah say at his post game presser that Freeman is the first one at the building every morning. Hope that's true but sure conflicts other reports.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 26, 2009, 02:51:28 PM

^^
Dude... Freeman passed out from beer bongs and slept on the floor....
he never left the building

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 26, 2009, 02:53:57 PM

-Stop the run.
-Blitz him like crazy.

Will yall plz stop scapegoating the oline?  They can only block 5 guys.  If they send more you have to keep more in to block.  Simple as that.  Who controls who goes out for passes and who stays in to block?  I believe when you blitz the object is to bring more than you can block?  True?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#9 : October 26, 2009, 03:23:48 PM

A young QB always takes time to get used to staying in the pocket, especially someone who had as bad an OL as he did in college. You can't really simulate that part of the game in practice bc you don't want to hit the QB. The only way you get used to it is in game action. Overtime he will be fine in the pocket.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#10 : October 26, 2009, 03:26:31 PM

-Stop the run.
-Blitz him like crazy.

Will yall plz stop scapegoating the oline?  They can only block 5 guys.  If they send more you have to keep more in to block.  Simple as that.  Who controls who goes out for passes and who stays in to block?  I believe when you blitz the object is to bring more than you can block?  True?

very true, but they cant even block the flat 5 that come at them.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#11 : October 26, 2009, 03:26:46 PM

I DON'T think he sees where the blitz is comming from. I don't see quickness. I REALLY don't see a "leader" out there, as of yet.

The future is a different mother, but Rah has done everything possible to cover up his golden boy for now. Hopefully he'll get the experiance he needs starting, but I once heard a saying "If you have it then you'll show it from day ONE." If that's true, then we're in a bind, because JF hasn't show us anything out of the ordinary.

All of this with a Bill Belichick defense that had their ears pinned back on every play in his first regular season game?

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#12 : October 26, 2009, 03:30:28 PM

All of this with a Bill Belichick defense that had their ears pinned back on every play in his first regular season game?
Don't forget a grand total of what 10 plays lol.

And I would say that is completely wrong, many QB's were awful there rookie year and didn't show it from day one. Hell just look at 2 HOFers like Manning and Aikman.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 26, 2009, 03:34:38 PM

-Stop the run.
-Blitz him like crazy.

very true, but they cant even block the flat 5 that come at them.

Whatever dude that's how I know half of yall just come here to moan and groan.  Plus you can't have your own thoughts you have to have the mob mentality tell you what to moan about....

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 26, 2009, 03:37:14 PM

Whatever dude that's how I know half of yall just come here to moan and groan.  Plus you can't have your own thoughts you have to have the mob mentality tell you what to moan about....

Seriously man, do you ever get tired of making excuses for and about the OL? It is always someone else's fault. Good lines, like good player, don't need excuses. We all see the blown blocks and missed assignments and while the TE's and backs aren't money the OL has blown more than it's fair share of blocking assignments this year.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman feels the rush.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools