Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman feels the rush.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#15 : October 26, 2009, 03:37:58 PM

He's nearly as big as Roethlisberger -- maybe him moving out of the pocket is a good thing. I seem to recall that (the "broken play, oh crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, whoa almost fumbled, crap, hey look here's Hines Ward wide open" call) being the best aspect of Ben's play as a rookie.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#16 : October 26, 2009, 03:39:47 PM

good grief. he has played 9 snaps. not sure how you guys can tell all of the above in 9 snaps.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 26, 2009, 03:46:05 PM

Whatever dude that's how I know half of yall just come here to moan and groan. Plus you can't have your own thoughts you have to have the mob mentality tell you what to moan about....

Seriously man, do you ever get tired of making excuses for and about the OL? It is always someone else's fault. Good lines, like good player, don't need excuses. We all see the blown blocks and missed assignments and while the TE's and backs aren't money the OL has blown more than it's fair share of blocking assignments this year.

Do you ever get tired of denegrating them?  I'm not making excuses what am I saying that you can't see or are you not watching becuase I watch and take notice of what they do.  When they do it and how they do it.  I have said they've been inconsistent.  What I take offense to is people generalizing how supposedly bad they are when it's just not the truth...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 26, 2009, 03:48:08 PM

Do you ever get tired of denegrating them?  I'm not making excuses what am I saying that you can't see or are you not watching becuase I watch and take notice of what they do.  When they do it and how they do it.  I have said they've been inconsistent.  What I take offense to is people generalizing how supposedly bad they are when it's just not the truth...

They are generally bad because they are generally inconsistent.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 26, 2009, 03:52:57 PM

Consistency is what makes you not bad. Every player in the NFL has the potential to look good for at least a few plays at a time. I mean even Kenyatta Walker didn't give up sacks on every pass attempt. Often you're not defined by your good plays, but by your bad ones. The good players never, or at least rarely, have let downs.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 26, 2009, 03:58:44 PM

Do you ever get tired of denegrating them? I'm not making excuses what am I saying that you can't see or are you not watching becuase I watch and take notice of what they do. When they do it and how they do it. I have said they've been inconsistent. What I take offense to is people generalizing how supposedly bad they are when it's just not the truth...
Consistency is what makes you not bad. Every player in the NFL has the potential to look good for at least a few plays at a time. I mean even Kenyatta Walker didn't give up sacks on every pass attempt. Often you're not defined by your good plays, but by your bad ones. The good players never, or at least rarely, have let downs.

I disagree.  I truly think we are so conditioned here to look for the absolute worst and just focus on that aspect.  Kenyatta Walker was bad most of the time that was worst that inconsistent. But I get your point...All I'm saying is these boys are not as bad as people wanna make them out to be.  I watched as Soul Glo took his first snap and knew 99.9% of the fans nuzzling his crotch would blame the oline...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 26, 2009, 04:10:28 PM

It's one thing to say the line sucks, and another all together to say they are overrated.  They don't suck as whole, but they are overrated.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 26, 2009, 04:14:42 PM

Chev used to make the argument that Anthony Davis was good at LOT because on 25 out of 30 plays he did block the DE. The problem is being good is bout not letting up those other 5 times.

Same argument I had with folks about Talib, you can't be good most of the time and give up 1 or 2 big plays a game consistently like he did to start-- and he hasn't recently.

Everyone will get beaten but it is about how repeatable that beating is. Our OL, all of the guys, manage to botched multiple plays every game. Thats' not good.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 26, 2009, 04:28:01 PM

I DON'T think he sees where the blitz is comming from. I don't see quickness. I REALLY don't see a "leader" out there, as of yet.

The future is a different mother, but Rah has done everything possible to cover up his golden boy for now. Hopefully he'll get the experiance he needs starting, but I once heard a saying "If you have it then you'll show it from day ONE." If that's true, then we're in a bind, because JF hasn't show us anything out of the ordinary.

lol Freeman played like eight snaps and threw like three times. The defense did nothing but blitz because we weren't going to run when we were down by 20+. IMO, from what I saw, he already has a better throwing motion than Johnson and makes his throws look easy. Unlike the other Josh.

DKWEST

Starter

#24 : October 26, 2009, 04:34:12 PM

New England had several 2nd stringers in when Freeman was in the game.

Balls Out

Starter
#25 : October 26, 2009, 04:34:29 PM

What O-line is going to look good when:

- offensive coordinator gets fired after implenting a new zone block scheme
- the QB's under center are Byron Leftwich and Josh Johnson
- WR's who can't catch a cold or stretch the field
- TE's who can't block
- pro-bowl calibre center missing all but 2 games

Sorry people but this just does not add up to success, and I think that's where Chev might be taking exception, they were set up for failure, not success...

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 26, 2009, 04:38:00 PM

Do you ever get tired of denegrating them? I'm not making excuses what am I saying that you can't see or are you not watching becuase I watch and take notice of what they do. When they do it and how they do it. I have said they've been inconsistent. What I take offense to is people generalizing how supposedly bad they are when it's just not the truth...

I disagree. I truly think we are so conditioned here to look for the absolute worst and just focus on that aspect. Kenyatta Walker was bad most of the time that was worst that inconsistent. But I get your point...All I'm saying is these boys are not as bad as people wanna make them out to be. I watched as Soul Glo took his first snap and knew 99.9% of the fans nuzzling his crotch would blame the oline...

Chev, I am all about being positive, much like you. I do not understand the hatred for Freeman. Say what you want, YOU DO NOT LIKE FREEMAN. Maybe you want him to succeed, but I think deep down you really don't; I am not really sure why. Obviously, you are a Josh Johnson guy. Well, Josh Johnson was not any good. Please be realistic. The kid was nervous, inaccurate, had passes down at the line, had bad throw mechanics and couldn't stretch the field. Is Freeman going to be great? Probably not, but he will have a better NFL career than Johnson? Bank on it.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 26, 2009, 04:41:47 PM

I DON'T think he sees where the blitz is comming from. I don't see quickness. I REALLY don't see a "leader" out there, as of yet.

The future is a different mother, but Rah has done everything possible to cover up his golden boy for now. Hopefully he'll get the experiance he needs starting, but I once heard a saying "If you have it then you'll show it from day ONE." If that's true, then we're in a bind, because JF hasn't show us anything out of the ordinary.

All of this with a Bill Belichick defense that had their ears pinned back on every play in his first regular season game?
Don't forget a grand total of what 10 plays lol.

And I would say that is completely wrong, many QB's were awful there rookie year and didn't show it from day one. Hell just look at 2 HOFers like Manning and Aikman.

People forget that although Manning threw a ton of picks his rookie year, he also threw for like 3500 yards and 26 TDs.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 26, 2009, 04:43:03 PM

Olson needs to not handicap Freeman. Let him attack the field. If he throws picks he throws picks, as long as he keeps attacking he will be fine. Play to his strengths.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 26, 2009, 04:55:29 PM

he really looked like mcnabb out there from a body type.. he can run, he has a cannon.. lets hope he can put it all together.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman feels the rush.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools